“Fun place for lunch with friends” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
The 10th Vail Mountain is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #35 of 109 Restaurants in Vail
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: On Mountain, at the top of Gondola One, out of Vail Village
Transit: The free Vail in-town bus runs from Golden Peak to Vail Village to Lionshead to the Marriott. The closest stop to Gondola One, the lift accessing The 10th, is Vail Village. Proceed across the Covered Bridge and up Bridge Street to load Gondola One (lift ticket required to access Gondola One during daytime hours).
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Fun place for lunch with friends”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014

My cousin and her husband were visiting, and we decided to have lunch together (5 of us in all) at the 10th. The menu offered a good array of lunch choices from Kobe beef burger or pizza to the Ahi burger. I had the Ahi burger, which had a nice combination of flavors, although it was a bit more overcooked than I would choose. The portions were large, so we were too full to try any desserts. I would definitely go again. I loved the ambience, and the service was fast enough to add this to a day of skiing. Some may say that the food is slightly overpriced, but when I compare this to the pizza we got at Beaver Creek for the same price the preceding day where we waited in the cafeteria line and sat at a cafeteria table, I thought it was well worth it. A great experience all-in-all.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Chesham, United Kingdom
“The 10th restaurant Vail - overrated”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2014

The 10th restaurant Vail gets a lot of hype. Our experience was very disappointing. Booked for 2.00pm but not shown to our seats until 2.20pm. A very limited uninspiring menu. Food luke warm. And they wanted us out early for the evening seating. Don't bother. There are better restaurants in Vail.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Houston
“Mediocre Food. Slow Service. Nice Location”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014

Mediocre Food. Slow Service (except the Snow Cat Driver - he was awesome). Nice Location.

Eating on the mountain is fun. And it is nice that the 10th is right at the top of Gondola One. Beano's Cabin is great but sometimes we don't feel like riding in a noisy snow-cat for 20 minutes to get there.

The kids had a good time at the 10th, and the driver of the small snow cat that takes you for a 5 minute joy ride was awesome. He really made a point of entertaining the kids.

Prices were reasonable compared to Game Creek and Beano's Cabin. For a party of 18 we averaged less than $75 a person with a couple bottles of wine.

Food was mediocre at best. Go to the 10th with the kids for a "cool" fun evening. If you want great food to go with the on the mountain dinner experience go to Beano's Cabin - of course you will pay more at Beano's.

The service was also surprisingly slow at the 10th. We had very long waits between finishing our meal and getting desert menus. And then from finishing our desert and getting a check. Sitting and waiting for 15 to 20 minutes after the entire table is finished with dinner and not being able to find your waitress is pretty much unacceptable in what is marketed as an on the mountain fine dining experience.

I waited tables all through college and specialized in large parties. It is just not that hard to check in on your table to make sure they have everything they need.

Would I recommend it - yes. But not for the food or the service. I would recommend it to friends who want a fairly inexpensive on the mountain dinner experience with the kids.

Also I would recommend it for last minute plans. It seems like when every other placed is booked up we can still get a table at the 10th.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Atlanta
“Beautiful Unique Setting, Good but not Excellent Food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014 via mobile

Worth trying if you want a fine dining break on the mountain. Beautiful space and bar, provides boot/coat storage and slippers to change into. Food was high quality but not amazing. Good drinks and amazing views, ask for seat by window. Make reservation.

Visited March 2014
Caracas, Venezuela
“Tourist trap (Trampa de turistas)”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2014

IN SPANISH
Ya con la visita de ayer a este restaurante van 6, y será la última.
En alta temporada el restaurante The 10th es un verdadero CAOS. Lo escribo con mayúscula para que no haya equivocaciones al respecto, caos en el servicio, caos en el ruido, caos en la espera por la mesa y por si fuera poco, caos en la comida.
Ayer comí el "Elk bolognese hand formed pasta" y la verdad es que el plato es un verdadero engaño.
En primer lugar la pasta no es "hand formed" es un vulgar (y en mi caso sobre cocido) Penne.
En segundo lugar, la salsa no debe haber sido mas de dos cucharadas de lo que ellos llaman Elk Bolognese, pero que (dado el poco cuidado que le prestan a las formas) bien podría ser cualquier tipo de carne, no necesariamente Elk (Ciervo Canadiense) es mas, seriamente dudo que haya siquiera un pequeño trozo de es animal en el plato que me fue servido.
Es decir, en definitiva, el plato que me sirvieron el The 10th corresponde mas a un restaurante de carretera y cuyo costo no debería en ningún caso pasar de 10 Dólares americanos.
Porque me la comí dirán Uds.? Pues porque luego de hacer una caminata de (Snow shoe) 3 horas y esperar 15 minutos por una mesa que debió estar lista para la hora en la que le reservé, simplemente no estaba en condiciones de rechazar el alimento que mi cuerpo exigía.
Mis dos hijos pidieron pizza Margarita, hasta eso lo hacen mal, la salsa de tomate de la pizza tienen tanto orégano que es desagradable.
En suma, el Chef, o la persona (el apelativo de Chef le queda grande) que nos cocinó nuestra comida, debería seriamente volver a la escuela de cocina.
Si aun después de leer esta reseña les quedan gana de ir a The 10th, NO PIDAN el "Elk Bolognese hand formed pasta" a menos que no les importe pagar 22 Dólares por un plato de pasta que deberían regalarle.
Un italiano definiría esto que me sirvieron en The 10th como la pappa di Fido, es decir, la comida del perro.

IN ENGLISH
Yesterday's visit to this restaurant was my 6th, and the last.
In high season restaurant The 10th is a true CHAOS . I write in capital letters so that there are no mistakes about it. Chaos in service, noise chaos, chaos in waiting for the table and to top it off, chaos on the food.
Yesterday I ate the " Elk bolognese hand formed pasta". The truth is that the dish is a real deception.
First the pasta was not "hand formed" it was a simple ( and in my case overcooked ) Penne .
Second, the sauce should have been no more than two tablespoons of what they call Elk Bolognese, but (given the little care we give to the forms ) could be any kind of meat, not necessarily Elk ( Canadian Deer ) , seriously I doubt there was even is a small piece of that animal in the dish that I was served.
Ultimately , the dish I was served the The 10th corresponds more to a roadside restaurant where the cost should in no case exceed 10 U.S. Dollars .
Why did I ate it you would ask? Because after "Snow Shoeing" for 3 hours and wait 15 minutes for my table (that should have been ready) I just wasn't in a position to refuse food that my body demanded .
My two children asked for pizza Margarita , even that they do bad, the tomato sauce in the pizza is made with so much oregano that is unpleasant.
In sum, the Chef, (Chef is too big of a description ) who cooked our food , should seriously think to going back to cooking school.
If, after reading this review you still are going to The 10th, DO NOT ASK for the " Elk Bolognese hand Formed pasta" unless you do not mind paying 22 USD for a pasta dish that should be given to you FREE.
An Italian would define the pasta I ate as "la pappa di Fido", the dogs food .

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere