“Valentine's Dinner !!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Elway's Vail is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #32 of 101 restaurants in Vail
Cross street: The Lodge at Vail
Annapolis, Maryland
“Valentine's Dinner !!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

What an exceptional meal. We arrived 45-minutes before our reservation time, but the staff sat us early at a table right next to the fireplace. It was a very romantic setting that was only outdone by the meal we had. We started with the Lobster Tail appetizer ($21) which was served with three (3) different sauces. We enjoyed a great bottle of Stags Leap Petite Sarah (2008), which was decanted promptly so it would have time to open, before our entrees arrived. I had the bone-in Ribeye, which was the best steak (even better than Ruth's Chris) I've ever had, Sally had the Filet, which was also exceptional. Side dishes were separately priced. We had the Zucchini & Broccoli, both were prepared perfectly. We finished off our dinner by sharing a generous piece of their cheesecake, with strawberry sauce. The dinner was expensive, but well worth every penny. The service was impeccable!!!

Visited February 2013

70% Recommend
Otter Rock, Oregon
“A review of the bar, and not the food”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

We stopped by Elway's for a drink because it's within our hotel. Not impressed. My wife had a margarita which was too sweet and I ordered a 2008 Guigal Cotes du Rhone Syrah fom the bar list (which was different than list online). This wine was produced at Chateau D'Ampuis and is conisdered a bargain amoung it's peers. The wine I received was poured from a bottle that appeared in the dim light of the bar to be a shape that is used by this appellation. The wine I drank was a transparent bright plum color with substantial rim variation (held under a direct light and against the white back of the Elway drink coaster). It was silky smooth which is the tradmark of decent Syrah's with red and black fruit, pepper and a hint of brett, while in the mouth the wine shows ample fullness. The bill I recieved was for a Cabernet/Malbec (which is bottled in a high hip bottle common to Cabs) blend from Argintina at more than twice the price of the Guigal. I'm familiar with the wine I was charged for and it was not what I was poured. Not even in the ballpark. I asked the bartender who defended himself by telling us that he thought I said Tikal rather than "Guigal Syrah." The Tikal he charged us for didn't even appear on the bar lists we received. We paid the tab and made a mental note to bypass Elways in the future. Overall, the experience at Elways left a sour note with us.

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Worcester, United Kingdom
“Wonderful Steak”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

Based in the Lodge @ Vail this is a great place owned by the ex Quarterback and now owner of the Bronco's!
The food is amazing. It's not cheap but it is worth it.....we sampled the steak (a few times), shortrib and lobster......all were wonderfully prepared and full of flavour! A lovely intimate atmosphere as well!

Visited January 2013
Denver
“Tasty tasty !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

The Vail outpost of Elway's maintains all the favorable qualities of its urban setting siblings and avoids the chaotic, meat-markety-feeling ones. The food remains consistently excellent (on our particular visit, the Ahi tuna was outstanding and the chocolate cake required three people to make a dent). The service is quietly elegant and thoughtful, and the smaller, more intimate setting allows guests to really enjoy a quality experience. In nicer weather, outdoor patio is terrific, and in ski season, it is simply a cozy spot to have good food. Although pricey, it is on par with other Vail dining, and no different from the urban posts. Consistently easy to know that most people will find something satisfying here.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Edwards, Colorado
“First Class All The Way- I'll be back!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

What can I say except from the moment you step inside "Elway's", you feel special.

As a winter resident with many dining choices I have to admit that our dining experience at Elway's was a refreshing change..... First Class !

Excellent Food combined with great service catering to every detail is a great recipe for success.

Thanks! I'll be back soon!

a

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Been to Elway's Vail? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Elway's Vail, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.