“Exceeded High Expectations” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 33 Hotels in Vail
Denver, CO
“Exceeded High Expectations”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

We stayed here in October during a relatively slow weekend in Vail. The staff was so friendly and took care of anything we need. The valet crew gave some great tips on everything from local hikes to area restaurants. Our room was outstanding. Great attention to detail which made for a very relaxing weekend. We can't wait to go back.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
singapore
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

We spent a week at the ritz residences in late 2012 and it took me a long time to write this review because I was so irritated by my experience there. I also read some of the reviews below and sometimes think that if people spend a lot of money on holiday, then they feel obligated to write a good review to "justify" their expenditure. I don't. I also think some of the reviewers must own properties there hence they fluff up the brand.

While the property is nice and is by all means a very high end experience, I was appalled by the property's approach to tipping. Upon arriving we were given "tipping guide" along with our welcome package that suggested incremental tipping guides for all of "services" that supposedly came with the property such as 5 to 10 dollars per set of skis shuttled to the lifts per day, a listed amount per bag at the curb, daily tipping for the staff in the boot room, something for the maids, and even 100 to 200 per concierge per week. In order to follow their guidelines I would have had to find a bank to give me several hundred dollars worth of 5$ bills just to keep them ready at all times. In all my life I have never encountered such an in your face approach to tipping and service. So while I do agree that the service is good, I also felt like the staff essentially had their hand out at every possible moment and it was exhausting trying to keep up with their guidelines (ultimately I gave up as I ran out of small bills). I have been to other comparable properties with similar excellent good service where the service is included and it's a much more relaxing experience. I suppose it wouldn't bother me so much if they didn't list all of these wonderful services as "included." So, for 12,000 us$ per week, I don't expect to have to spend my time keeping up with their onerous tipping guidelines. I would rather they just charge me 12,250 us$ per week and then just pay their staff appropriately. He whole experience left a horrible taste in my mouth and I would never return to any Ritz property as a result.

FYI it's also a 10 minute walk to the slopes, which is fine in a pair of walking shoes, but with ski equipment, it's barely walkable, so one really does need to rely on their services.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Marana, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

My wife and I stayed at the Ritz-Carlton Club for five days in mid-September.

We have decades of experience in timeshare units, but our two bedroom unit was really much more like an apartment than any timeshare we have been in. It was spacious and luxurious and overall made for a very memorable experience.

Each of the two bedrooms has a large walk-in closet which lights up when the door opens. Each also has a marble topped dressing table that also can easily be used as a computer desk. There are double-sinks in both bedroom baths (there's also a half-bath just off the kitchen) and large jacuzzi-style tubs. Each also has a very nice shower area. The master bath has a heated marble floor.

The kitchen-dining room area is very well appointed with top of the line appliances and with a wide range of cooking utensils, dishes and glasses.

The living room area is quite comfortable. It has a wide-screen HD TV with a Bose sound system and hundreds of channel options (the bedrooms have smaller HD TVs and fewer channel options).

The property is about two blocks from the center of Lionshead Village (to the west of Vail Center) and has excellent views of the ski slopes there.

We were in residence there when the aspen were changing and that certainly added to the scenic appeal.

The staff was exceptionally helpful and accommodating. There's full maid service both in the morning and in the evening and complementary transportation throughout Vail. Vail also has complimentary bus service that runs past the property.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Lone Tree, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

We stayed in a two bedroom unit beautifully appointed with a great view of the mountains. The staff was so accommodating right from the beginning. We were even addressed by our names during our stay here.
There is a cozy members lounge with coffee and tea available, comfortable seating and panoramic window. Off the lounge is an outside firepit. Very nice on chilly evenings.
The Ritz Carlton is just a short 15-20 min. walk into Vail- very scenic stream side walk. Transportation into town is available if you prefer.
We highly recommend the off season in Vail. Still stunning scenery, but no crowds.
Looking forward to our next stay at the Ritz Carlton Residences.

Room Tip: Ask for a mountain view room on a higher floor.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Pompano Beach, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

We just returned from a 9 day stay at the Ritz in Vail. I cannot compliment the staff enough. Every need was attended to with excellent service. We recently stayed at the Boca Resort and Hotel, known for it's top level service (stayed in May of 2013) but this Ritz Carlton completely surpassed that service and is now at the top of my list in terms of quality of service. We returned late one evening and the coffee service at the bar was already put away for the night, before we even had a chance to get back to the elevator, the manager had asked us if we wanted him to get us a couple of cups from the downstairs employee coffee. We declined, but this is only one example of the type of service that we grew accustomed to at this hotel. The front desk staff was always energetic and asked us how our daily adventures were (we travelled a lot and saw 3 nearby National Parks during our stay, so our party was always coming and going). Great Hotel, great rooms, and a great staff made this one of the most memorable vacations of my life.

atlanta, ga
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

Overall we had a great experience at this Ritz location. We are a family of four, with 2 young children. We have stayed in the Batchelor's Gulch location previously but felt this location would be closer to the activities in Vail.

We were not disappointed with our choice. The two-bedroom suite with three bathrooms was clean, beautifully decorated and had ample space for us. My favorite part was the steam shower in the master bath!

The location is good within Vail. It is within walking distance to the Lionshead restaurants. When you want to head into Vail Village you can either use the free bus system (very easy to use with the stop in front of the Marriot next door) or take advantage of the Ritz car service. Also very easy to use.

The service we received was very good to excellent. The doormen and drivers in particular were fantastic. Btw, they have a great gym that few utilize!

This is not the type of resort you go to and hang out there much. It is a great property in a good location with great service and rooms. Venturing out is why we headed to Vail anyway. Only thing it needs is a real restaurant.

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

The Ritz is the best in Vail, Great Staff, will be back for more spoiling.
The Gym is outstanding also had a trainer on staff and available for assistance if needed.
The Ritz Carlton Holds up to there Standards of Excellence.

Room Tip: Top floor view of mountains, cannot go wrong.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Been to Ritz-Carlton Club & Residences, Vail? Share your experiences!