“Solo Surprise” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #13 of 33 Hotels in Vail
New York City, New York
“Solo Surprise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2014

What a great trip to Vail! Yes, the snow was incredible, but the team at The Lodge at Vail really made the trip great. I was supposed to be traveling with my wife, but she had to cancel at the last minute so I was on my own. Fortunately, the friendly team at the Lodge at Vail made me feel right at home.

The bellmen and front desk staff like (Rachel Sibley) were so helpful and friendly right from the start and really made me feel I'd made the right choice.

I'm from New York City and we have a lot of incredible restaurants, but I have to say that I was really pleased and impressed with the food and service in the restaurants which are conveniently located on the second floor of the hotel. Elways has wonderful food and a great staff that really knows the menu. Bryce was one of the bar tenders and he along with the rest of the team at Elway's took great care of me! It's a great place to go for food, drinks, and a great time.

My wife would have loved this trip and I feel a bit guilty for having such a great time without her, but we'll definitely go back together now that I've had a chance to check it out.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
LAV81657, Manager at The Lodge at Vail, A RockResort, responded to this review, February 15, 2014
Thank you Terrance M! I am thrilled that you had such a wonderful stay. It sounds like you need to plan another trip soon and bring your wife with you! All of the staff at the Lodge looks forward to welcoming you both back. Please reach out to me directly next time you plan a trip so I can ensure you have another flawless stay.

sbest@vailresorts.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (114)
Queensland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2014

If your prime reason to be here is to ski this is it. Round the corner a 2 minute walk is the main gondola, ski valet looks after your skis and poles overnight no lugging back to room. They don't have a shoe locker though so each day you walk to and thro with boots on. Out the door is a beautiful shopping village, restaurants and bars. My favourite being Mountain Standard, book though. Elways well worth visit too. The Lodge Staff always helpful and loved our omelette maker and the fresh berries of every kind at breakfast. Cheryl and Jill very helpful at conceige and Lala at front desk. We will be back.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
LAV81657, Manager at The Lodge at Vail, A RockResort, responded to this review, February 13, 2014
Thank you for sharing this great review! I am so glad that the Lodge at Vail was a perfect fit for your recent ski trip! I wanted to let you know that we have a partnership with Vail Sports right at the base of the gondola and they offer all Lodge at Vail guests boot storage at a discounted rate of $7.50 per day if this is somthing you want to considder during your next stay. All of the staff here at the Lodge looks forward to your next visit!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

I just stayed at the Lodge at Vail for a week with my family. Absolutely perfect, from top to bottom. If you want to ski, rest or enjoy the town, there is no better place. The accomodations are perfect, service is great and you are a few meters from Gondola 1. A must stay in Vail.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
LAV81657, Manager at The Lodge at Vail, A RockResort, responded to this review, February 11, 2014
Thank you Mauro L! We do pride ourselves on our prime location in the heart of Vail Village and our elevated service. It is like nothing else in Vail. I am so glad you enjoyed your stay. all of the staff at the Lodge looks forward to our next opportunity to welcome you back!

Hockessin, Delaware
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2014

Superb location, a short walk to Gondola One! The ski valet service was a big plus. The outdoor hot tubs were the perfect temperature. The condo was nicely furnished and had a beautiful view of the mountains. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

LAV81657, Manager at The Lodge at Vail, A RockResort, responded to this review, February 10, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your valuable feedback. I am so pleased that the location, the staff, and our luxury hotel amenities were able to meet all of your vacation needs! I appreciate your loyalty to the Lodge at Vail and look forward to your next ski vacation. Please reach out to me directly so I can introduce myself to you during your next stay.

Bangor, Maine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2014

The Lodge at Vail is well known for its awesome location. Front desk was very friendly but I was most impressed with the room cleanliness. Everything was spotless. It even smelled clean! I love the humidifier in the room also.

Room Tip: If you are willing to pay for mountain view request it.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your kind review! We have added some new luxury amenities throughout the guest rooms and the building this year including new scented spa sticks. One of our main goals has been to ensure a clean and fresh smell in all of our guest rooms and public spaces. I am thrilled to see that our guests are enjoying it! I hope that you come back soon for another visit. Please reach out to me when you do so that I can ensure you have another flawless stay.

Toronto, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2014

My wife and I just returned from a fantastic week at the Lodge at Vail! The location to Gondola 1 to start your ski day and positioning to the center of town is second to none at Vail! The customer service is amongst the best we have ever encountered. The breakfast buffet included with our reservation at Cucina was a veritable feast; from pickled herring & smoked salmon to a full cereal/oatmeal/toast/pastry offering to freshly made omelettes, scrambled eggs, sweet smoked bacon, sausages, home fries, incredible freshly squeezed juices - not just fruit juices but interesting/healthy combinations with cucumber or carrot blended with kiwi or grapefruit and orange or startfruit - simply amazing! My wife and I also experienced the spa with 1 hr massages from Suzanne and Carolina - again one of the top 3 massages in my life and my sore ski legs were fully restored! We loved the lodge at Vail and would return in a heartbeat! Thanks!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
LAV81657, Manager at The Lodge at Vail, A RockResort, responded to this review, February 7, 2014
Thank you for your kind review. I am very pleased that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay. I have already shared your feedback with the spa, breakdast and front office staff and thanked them for providing you with such great service. Please reach out to me directly next time you plan a trip to the Lodge so I can ensure you have another great stay.

970.754.7825
Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2014

The Lodge at Vail is exceptional for many reasons, the first being its excellent location. It is just steps from the gondola in Vail Village with very convenient ski storage. Also, the staff is extraordinarily friendly and helpful! We highly recommend staying here!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

LAV81657, Manager at The Lodge at Vail, A RockResort, responded to this review, February 4, 2014
Thank you for your kind review. The Lodge is a special place and we take pride in our unbeatable location. That is one of the many benefits that came with being the first hotel in Vail Village! I believe our unique history and our assertive staff are what make our hotel so special. Thank you for sharing your experience. I look forward to our next opportunity to host you.

Kinds Regards,

Director of Rooms

Been to The Lodge at Vail, A RockResort? Share your experiences!