“Fantastic Customer Service” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 33 hotels in Vail
Dallas, Texas
“Fantastic Customer Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Highly recommend the Lodge at Vail! The customer service employees- front desk; valet/bell service; concierge folks were outstanding. When we checked in, the room did not have a balcony and the staff did everything to accommodate a room with one for us. This was a very nice perk just to enjoy the views from outdoors when we were in the room, although in the new room we had a queen (vs original request for king) and were not aware until we moved our belongings to the new room. Even though the room was nice and had a great ambience for an old lodge, it was very small! To the point of not being able to pas one another in the room without one stepping into the bathroom or moving into a corner.
The ONLY drawback was the housekeeping Staff. Every morning at 0800, they spoke and laughed VERY loudly outside the door and in the hallway like they hadn't seen one another in a year! While we were awake , it was vacation and a couple days we wouldve loved to have slept a bit longer.

Room Tip: use the hotel web site vs Priceline to book a room. My guess as to why we didnt receive a larger roo...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

450 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here with a company visit for a week, and the service was great! We used a large banquet room and restaurant every day. All servers did an amazing job. Can't wait to come back on my on with my family.

• Stayed June 2013
Otis, CO
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

Stayed during the off season, Room good size, bathroom a bit crowded though. Was a bonus that was a full bathroom with combo tub/shower but lacks a vent so mirror steamed up. Not a fan of the sliding door either. Nice to be able to sit on the small balcony and enjoy the beauty of the Rockies. Staff was helpful and friendly. Location is great, two exterior doors put you right in the middle of the shops of Vail Village and is super close to the gondola.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Elk Grove, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

This hotel is conveniently located in the heart of Vail. The customer service was great.

The $20/day resort fee was an unexpected and unwelcomed surprise; especially since the exercise facility, pool, etc is similar to other nice hotels. I typically think this is just another way for a hotel to nickel and dime you. Why not include everything in the room price? What's next, cleaning fees? fees to use towels? fees to use the heater/AC unit? Where does it stop?

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

I have stayed at the Lodge at Vail three times and all have been just perfect. The property is located right in the middle of the Village and steps from the gondola. In the winter, it is perfect. In the summer, it is perfect. Great facilities (pool, spa, etc). Great food. Fabulous staff. Always a smile. Always trying to be of assistance. Regarding the rooms, one can have just about anything desired. Lovely King rooms and wonderful and spacious suites - it is all there. If you can, request the International section as this is the newer one and the rooms are really nice. Once you give your car to valet, you probably won't use it again unless you are leaving Vail to go to another area. Vast choice of dining spots all probably under a 5 miniute walk in the Village. For those of you who do not know Vail, the village is filed with wonderful boutiques and restaurants from burgers or pizza to gourmet dining and everything in between - and the Lodge is in the middle of everything. Go and enjoy - and by the way, the summers are every bit as good as the winters in Vail.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

I'm local (Breckenridge Area), but I like to get over to Vail and ski and ski/enjoy that mtn. Being only 45 minutes form my house I look for the deals that sometimes pop up on vailonsale.com or priceline.

I took a chance and got a pretty good deal at this property that is located pretty much as close as you can get to the gondola. That is a major plus. The minus? When you book one of these deals they totally treat you like you booked one of these deals. Listen, I probably only spent $150 on a room that night in the Lodge at Vail, but I dropped well over $250 for steaks/drinks at Elway's for my wife and I, tipped a bunch of people pretty well, and purchased a decent breakfast.

The hotel had excess capacity that I fulfilled, but in many ways treated me like a second-class citizen. That, I didn't appreciate. They waited until the very last minute (actually 20 minutes after "scheduled" checkin) to check me in....on a day I needed to work. It was evident there were rooms available, but it was nonsensical game playing. I've been to enough hotels to know and it was a shame. I realize that is the hotel's right, but it is also a service bonus when they get the guest comfortable. There were a few other minor incidents too, but nothing too noteworthy.

My only advice is if the rooms are going to be offered up as excess capacity on slow times -- treat every guest the same or at a high level. I know it is tempting to treat the $1000 a night crowd that much better than the $150 a night crowd, but the level of service should be consistent and good across the board. After all, all the guests aren't going to pay $1000 a night every night.

Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Huntington Beach, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

We can't say enough about how we enjoyed our stay at the lodge. From the time we pulled up to the lodge until we left, we were treated wonderfully. The management even upgraded our room without us asking to more easily accommodate my husband's mobility scooter. Our room was beautiful and the bathroom large and lovely. The lodge also has a wonderful and large fitness room. Great location in the village, too.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to The Lodge at Vail, A RockResort? Share your experiences!