“Great location, comfortable rooms” 4 of 5 stars

Christiania Lodge
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   356 E. Hanson Ranch Rd., Vail, CO 81657   |
Ranked #17 of 33 Hotels in Vail
Denver, Colorado
“Great location, comfortable rooms”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

This hotel is very pretty and is located on a quiet street but it's close to everything. They offer an adequate continental breakfast with yogurt, cereal, english muffins, and coffee. We made a last minute reservation on Expedia for a summer weekend and got a great rate. When we arrived, we were given a one bedroom suite which was very spacious and nicely decorated but on the basement level facing north. It was very dark and bleak on a bright summer day. For a weekend ski trip, I think it would be fine room, but not very pleasant on a summer day. Given the low rate we paid, I wasn't surprised to get one of the least desirable rooms in the hotel. If you make a reservation with the hotel, I'd suggest that you request other than the basement level.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Evergreen, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013 via mobile

Unfortunately this hotel decided to use Living Social to help sell rooms and boost revenue. I purchased a package on the Living Social website and Living Social cancelled my reservation that I had prepurchased without mu consent during the Christmas holiday 2013. There is currently a law suit underway and investigators are determining if the hotel is also using Living Social to fraudulently advertise and market the property. At this time I have nothing bad to say about this property but want to educate other customers who have purchased this deal.

Stayed December 2012
chrlodge, Manager at Christiania Lodge, responded to this review, September 20, 2013
Thanks for your review!
Christiania has had great experiences doing deals with Living Social. Our contract deal with living social this year was from September 11th to December 8th. Unfortunately there was a technical issue with Living Social that allowed reservations passed this date. We are terribly sorry for any inconveniences out there...Living Social has handled the issue professionally and promptly we will continue to use Living Social to promote deals.
All the best,
Management
boulder
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

We drove up from Boulder to celebrate my Birthday with my family. We were given a basement room which had low ceilings, no views and was dark. The front office said their were no more rooms which I understand being a Saturday - but you cannot charge people the same price for a basement room as an upstairs room with vaulted ceilings and views (we paid about $140/nt.) . There was no mention of any type of basement on there website - I strongly suggest finding a better place to stay. We ended up driving back to Boulder and it blew the weekend.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Davis, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

We enjoyed our stay at the Christiania. Very quaint with a wonderful breakfast room and helpful staff. We visited in the summer, but can imagine that it would be an excellent location for skiing in/out. There is an awesome pirate ship park behind the hotel - our kids loved it. The heated pool was great!

Room Tip: The first floor has rather low ceilings, if we return we will request a higher floor.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

Very friendly staff. It is located one minute from the village and has reserved parking across the street. The property is well maintained and reasonably up to date.

The two issues are probably minor but need to be mentioned. First, no A/C. If it is hot you get a window fan and no cross ventilation. Second, the room was on the small side. For my wife and I in July, not that big a deal. With two queen beds it would be very tight with four people and ski equipment.

We would come back again.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Hotel was in a very good location in the village. I can't complaign too much, given the great price we paid for the room (<$100). I will say, however that maintenance and amenities are not strong suits. No air conditioning and a crank open window that broke the first time we tried it. Don't expect a lavish (or even hot) breakfast. All in all, however, it was clean and it was convenient. I would recommend to the very budget conscious traveler.

Room Tip: Avoid the downstairs room next to the service room.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
New York, New York, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

I've stayed at the Chrisitiania Lodge a couple of times, both in May. This is a quiet time between the ski and summer seasons when only a fraction of the shops and restaurants are open but the general lack of people is a plus, not negative, in my book. The lodge is a somewhat sprawling boutique hotel situated close to the town center. They have a small private parking lot for guests in front and at least one building across the lane from the main lodge. I've stayed in both. The hotel is modeled after an alpine ski lodge so don't expect the uniformity of a Best Western and again this should be viewed as a positive. My rooms were very adequate and clean. Bubbling brooks outside can be heard from the rooms if you have the windows open but in general the hotel wasn't noisy. The WiFi was fast and problem free in my visits. The desk staff attentive and helpful. The continental breakfast is served in a small communal dining room. Basic stuff but again, more than adequate. For lunch and dinner we ate out but this was always a short walk away, another plus. I don't know what the prices are like in season but off season they seem reasonable.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Been to Christiania Lodge? Share your experiences!