“Big Disapointment” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #17 of 33 Hotels in Vail
boulder
“Big Disapointment”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

We drove up from Boulder to celebrate my Birthday with my family. We were given a basement room which had low ceilings, no views and was dark. The front office said their were no more rooms which I understand being a Saturday - but you cannot charge people the same price for a basement room as an upstairs room with vaulted ceilings and views (we paid about $140/nt.) . There was no mention of any type of basement on there website - I strongly suggest finding a better place to stay. We ended up driving back to Boulder and it blew the weekend.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Davis, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

We enjoyed our stay at the Christiania. Very quaint with a wonderful breakfast room and helpful staff. We visited in the summer, but can imagine that it would be an excellent location for skiing in/out. There is an awesome pirate ship park behind the hotel - our kids loved it. The heated pool was great!

Room Tip: The first floor has rather low ceilings, if we return we will request a higher floor.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

Very friendly staff. It is located one minute from the village and has reserved parking across the street. The property is well maintained and reasonably up to date.

The two issues are probably minor but need to be mentioned. First, no A/C. If it is hot you get a window fan and no cross ventilation. Second, the room was on the small side. For my wife and I in July, not that big a deal. With two queen beds it would be very tight with four people and ski equipment.

We would come back again.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Hotel was in a very good location in the village. I can't complaign too much, given the great price we paid for the room (<$100). I will say, however that maintenance and amenities are not strong suits. No air conditioning and a crank open window that broke the first time we tried it. Don't expect a lavish (or even hot) breakfast. All in all, however, it was clean and it was convenient. I would recommend to the very budget conscious traveler.

Room Tip: Avoid the downstairs room next to the service room.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
New York, New York, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

I've stayed at the Chrisitiania Lodge a couple of times, both in May. This is a quiet time between the ski and summer seasons when only a fraction of the shops and restaurants are open but the general lack of people is a plus, not negative, in my book. The lodge is a somewhat sprawling boutique hotel situated close to the town center. They have a small private parking lot for guests in front and at least one building across the lane from the main lodge. I've stayed in both. The hotel is modeled after an alpine ski lodge so don't expect the uniformity of a Best Western and again this should be viewed as a positive. My rooms were very adequate and clean. Bubbling brooks outside can be heard from the rooms if you have the windows open but in general the hotel wasn't noisy. The WiFi was fast and problem free in my visits. The desk staff attentive and helpful. The continental breakfast is served in a small communal dining room. Basic stuff but again, more than adequate. For lunch and dinner we ate out but this was always a short walk away, another plus. I don't know what the prices are like in season but off season they seem reasonable.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Glen Burnie, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

I travel to Vail annually and usually go in shoulder season which is in May. It is such a joy to be there without the crowds and at very reasonable prices. I will make Christiania my usual place since my visit this past week was perfect. The clerk up graded me to a suite for the same price as a regular room just because it was available. I did not even ask for an upgrade. The breakfast was free and had the usual continental favorites. I slept very well and was able to walk around Vail near the river in the morning before I left. It was a terrific 24 hours in Vail courtesy of the Chrisiania!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

If you are looking for a boutique type hotel, there is none better in Vail. The best location with a caring staff. The property is less than 30 yards from the new gondola. The suites are spacious and are perfect for a family.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Been to Christiania Lodge? Share your experiences!