“Is this what you call service? YES it is!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Ski Free Package
Ranked #7 of 33 Hotels in Vail
Sydney, Australia
“Is this what you call service? YES it is!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

Ohhh boy, this is what skiing is all about. The Four Seasons clearly understand what the word "service" means. Its everywhere. From the front desk, to the in-house ski hire, to the Ski Concierge, to the restaurant, to the Concierge, to Housekeeping ... And then of course you need a room - well how about 54 square metres of luxury for the starting size, a fire in each room, and every other appointment you could desire. We only ate breakfast in-house (as we wanted to visit as many restaurants as possible) which was unbelievably goood - food that was actually good for you. Yes, the hotel is 7 mins walk to the gondola, but we thoroughly enjoyed that each morning - you can shuttle it if you must. And finally the ski concierge ... where do I start? Soooo unbelievably good. It is housed 50 metres from the gondola, but don't worry, you don't carry your skis, either direction! Your own large locker to keep whatever you want in it. Oh by the way, it (the locker) has warm air piped thro it, just your boots are the right temperature each morning!! And I have NEVER had someone help me on and off with my boots each morning, ever - I am spoilt for life now! Oh, I forgot about the warm choc chip cookies and muffins each morning and evening not to mention you can make you own cappuccino or hot chocolate. I still can't get over the fact that at the end of each day I would ski to the bottom, get out of my skis, allow the ski concierge boys to pick them up and I just walk off for cookies and coffee. Loved it!

Room Tip: Pay the extra for the mountain views!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
FourSeasonsColorado, Public Relations Manager at Four Seasons Resort and Residences Vail, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Thank you for your 5-star review of our Resort! I'm glad you enjoyed our large guest rooms--some of the largest in the area! Thanks for highlighting our Ski Concierge program; we aim to make skiing effortless, so you can enjoy the mountain more--rather than worry about your equipment, transportation, etc.!

Please visit us again soon.

Director of Public Relations

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (129)
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

An incredible stay in Vail at the Four Seasons. Excellent location with views of the village and slopes. Our room was beautiful w/a fireplace in the bedroom. We stayed here 3 nights before the Christmas holiday rush & it was a winter wonderland. We were planning to stay at The Sebastian but we had a hassle getting the hotel to accept our gift certificate. The hassle w/them turned out to be a blessing because we upgraded & stayed at the Four Seasons. It is truly a 5-star resort. We've visited many FS's & this is by far the most elegant resort to-date! It is in a prime location with beautiful views & the staff & management are top notch. Great place for families, singles, couples, you name it. The main restaurant was fantastic--dinner was superb..service was entertaining. The Sebastian on the other hand is located on a side street & lacks what the FS offers.

Room Tip: Any room would be great but the rooms w/views of the village or slopes are great.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
FourSeasonsColorado, Public Relations Manager at Four Seasons Resort and Residences Vail, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
Thank you for your compliments! I enjoyed hearing you had a wonderful stay at our Resort. Please do come back again soon.

Denver, CO.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

I really can't share enough great things about this hotel. I know...the prices are so high, but let me tell you. It is one of the places in Vail that you actually get what your paying for! Kids loved it, so many special things for the kids. Four Seasons makes it so easy for skiing too. I highly recommed this hotel!

Room Tip: Third floor or higher and you would have a wonderful view of the mountains
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
FourSeasonsColorado, Public Relations Manager at Four Seasons Resort and Residences Vail, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
Thank you for your recent stay and 5-star rating of our hotel. Also, thank you for mentioning how kid friendly our hotel is!

bergen county,NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

We stayed at the Four Seasons for 7 nights last week. We booked the cheapest double. The room was very comfortable. It had a small walk in closet, a grand bathroom and two double beds. The room could have fit two queens and I can not understand why the do not use queens. It was not an issue as upon arrival we asked for a roll away. They were very accommodating and brought one right away. At first my son was very displeased about sleeping on a roll away but that changed when they brought and incredibly comfortable bed. It really was outstanding.

What made the whole experience was the staff. They where cheerful and over the top in the service they provided. I went through over a $150 in tips and they were all well deserved.

We were not psyched that it was not ski on/off but that changed when we saw how awesome the set up was. A van took us a short walk to the ski concierge. There was a very nice looker room and your boots were dry and heated gloves also. Then you had a short walk to the gondola. You did not have to carry your skis. They were delivered right to the gondola. It really was a very sweet set up.

They pool and hot tub are fabulous.

I have one weird complaint. There was no ventilation fan in the bathroom of our room. Just do not understand how new construction of this amazing hotel would not have a bathroom fan.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your week's stay during ski season! Glad to hear you took advantage of our convenient Ski Concierge program--that whisks our guests to the base of nearby Vail Mountain. Our outdoor heated pool and hot tubs are also a guest favorite, so I'm glad you enjoyed!

There is an exhaust in every bathroom above the toilet. It's just a "grill"; the fan itself is located in the building roof.

Please visit us again soon.

Plano, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

Beyond the confusion of where to meet all the different ski instructors and at which school on the very first day, our trip was awesome. The ski rentals could not have been easier since it is right off the lobby and the young man who helped my kids was so patient and kind, it really made it easy. We were upgraded to a suite which was a wonderful treat and upon arrival the housekeeping had set up a tent for our two little ones (6 and 4) with robes, hand drawn pictures and a stuffed animal. The kids were so excited it made the end of a long day of traveling really fun. Meals are easy too because they hand out all sorts of little toys for the kids to play with which is great. I have to stay, ski trips with little kids can be exhausting but this is about as easy as you can get.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for mentioning our convenient Ski Concierge service! I am pleased to hear that your children enjoyed the tents, robes, stuffed animals and toys at meals. We love our littlest of guests.

Visit us again soon.

Rochester, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

We just came back from a ski trip with our family and had a great time. The hotel rooms are amazing. We stayed in the residences side and had an amazing three bedroom guest room that was cozy and spacious. True luxurious accomodations! The kids loved the robes and the stuffed animal! It felt like home away from home. The hotel personnel is amazing and the highlight of the hotel. They are truly there to make your stay perfect and please you. The shuttle to the ski area are great and we loved the Mercedes SUV rides! Concierge was very helpful and despite our challenging requests, they arranged to our expectations.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for rating us 5 stars!

I am so glad to hear that your children enjoyed the many amenities available to them--especially kid-size robes!

Our staff is our best asset, so I'm pleased to hear you were treated like royalty.

Come back soon!

Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

I stayed at the Four Seasons in September with my 100 pound Newfie/lab. I was not sure if "pet friendly" was real. i travel with my dog a lot and have had many mixed experiences with hotel and mostly motels. I bring my own sheets for the hotels protection and frankly mine and Chianti's (my dog)protection too.
The entrance was a little hard to find at night - Even with my GPS I passed it twice because there is not an obvious sign. Once I did find the drive, we were both welcomed as a friend more than a guest. The bellman held on to a very excited Chianti's leash as I grabbed my overnight bag.
Check in was smooth and quick and we were on my way to a ground floor room. My room was large with a nice soaking tub- separate shower and toilet. The sliding glass door opened to a small outside area,handy for a large dog potty break. I did not hear any noise from the hall or other rooms- We were welcomed with a nice note and dog bone treats. The hotel is very classic mountain Colorado style. The bed was very comfortable and the specialty coffee maker in the room was a nice feature along with the mini bar. The hotel is about a 10 minute walk from the center of Vail and the ski area. There is a nice path for walking and great for dogs to get their exercise and explore by the little creek. I had to work in Vail so I did find a doggy day care a few miles away- That worked out great for the day- You do need to bring shot and vet records before hand (www.vaildoggie.com) I did feel awkward leaving my dog in the room while i was gone -
The breakfast was great and the service excellent at the restaurant. I also ordered room service- The sandwich was ok- service was prompt. The hotel is a great choice for those that like top notch service in a comfortable luxury atmosphere- They also have villas that are great for families - large with full kitchens. The spa and work out facilities are an added bonus to the luxury amenities of the hotel. Be sure and call the hotel in advance if you do have a pet so they can make sure you have the correct accommodations. I would highly recommend this property

Room Tip: make sure you have a ground floor with sliding door access with a dog- otherwise I would suggest a h...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
FourSeasonsColorado, Public Relations Manager at Four Seasons Resort and Residences Vail, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review us--and for visiting us in the fall. Glad you enjoyed the room's amenities--and quietness. Vail is extremely dog friendly, given its location in the Rocky Mountains, so we are glad your four-legged friend felt welcome.

Please visit us again soon!
Director of Public Relations

Been to Four Seasons Resort and Residences Vail? Share your experiences!