“Everything you'd expect from a Four Seasons and more!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Ski Free Package
Ranked #7 of 33 Hotels in Vail
Dallas, Texas
“Everything you'd expect from a Four Seasons and more!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

I had read some reviews here of this hotel posted in the last couple of years that weren't very glowing but as they enter there 3rd winter season, the hotel definitely has its act together. Service, service, service is what I expect from a Four Seasons and from the moment we arrived and Sunny arranged a very reasonably priced upgrade from a deluxe mountain view room to a mountain view executive suite, the service was extraordinary throughout our stay. The things we liked best:
1. The ski concierge just steps from the main desk where we got fitted for our boots & skis that were stored in the hotel each night. The rental prices were only slightly higher than the outside ski shops but the convenience more than made up for that.
2. Our room. The separate living room allowed me to watch basketball at night while my wife watched The Voice, X-Factor and her other favorite shows in the bedroom. We had a walk-in closet, a great view from the balcony and the TV in the bathroom was part of the mirror.
3. The spa was one of the best of any hotel I've stayed in and the steam room was set to a high temperature; just the way I like it. The co-ed lounge is beautiful and opens to the outdoor pool, fireplaces and hot tubs. A special shout-out to Jody at the spa desk for offering me an ice bag when she noticed I was limping from a mild groin strain when I came in on our next to our last day there and giving me another one to use that night; as a result I was able to enjoy our last day of skiing without any pain or swelling!
4. Not only did the hotel take us to Lionshead when we wanted to go and pick us up when we were ready to come back, they also offer a free courtesy-car service to anywhere in the area. That came in really handy when we needed to go pick up a few things at a nearby shopping center.
5. Location, location, location. Not only is the hotel is only a block away from the main lift at Vail mountain, it is also only a block away from all the shops & restaurants in Vail Village.
My only complaint? They didn't have a gift shop to pick up snacks, sundry items & souvenirs. They did have a limited selection of clothing in the spa but we ended up purchasing most of the things for ourselves and gifts for our friends elsewhere.
All in all, it was just a wonderful stay at a wonderful hotel and I'm already day-dreaming about going back asap!

Room Tip: The mountain view rooms are terrific. If it's not high season, be sure to check out the price of...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
FourSeasonsColorado, Public Relations Manager at Four Seasons Resort and Residences Vail, responded to this review, December 20, 2012
Greetings, thank you for taking time to write this review.

I'll commend Sunny, a front desk agent, on a job well done! I'm glad to hear you took advantage of our Ski Concierge--a favorite service of our winter guests. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed our 14,000 sq. ft. Spa and its eucalyptus steam room. (I'll also commend Jody at The Spa.)

Did you visit Bean & Gone, our coffee shop, for snacks? Our Gorsuch store on property does have clothing and other items as well.

Thanks again. We hope to have you back at our Resort soon!

Director of Public Relations

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (129)
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

My second stay at this resort again featuring outstanding service everywhere by happy men and women. Love this resort. Recommend getting high altitude adjustment massage in spa (try Sara) -it really speeds up acclimation. CLEAN, spacious room was kept that way by usual twice daily Four Seasons service. Gas fireplace and soaking tub were so welcome on snowy days and post skiing. Arriving unprepared to ski and thanks to assistance of Jody (one of Spa managers--other, Marcella, is also helpful) who introduced me to Ski Concierge I was able to get equipped to ski. Kaitlyn and the guys all took excellent care of me and exhibited friendliness and unending patience. If you've never used this service, do so. On my next visit with my own equipment, I plan to do so. Breakfasts and nightly visits to the Lounge (try lobster tacos and elk corn dogs) never disappointed. And on the mountain, don't miss The 10th at Mid Vail.

Room Tip: At the last minute upgraded to Deluxe Mtn View - not disappointed.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
FourSeasonsColorado, Public Relations Manager at Four Seasons Resort and Residences Vail, responded to this review, December 14, 2012
Thank you for visiting us again!

I will make sure to commend Sara, Jody and Marcella in the Spa! Our Ski Concierge service is a favorite of our guests; it makes the entire process simple and maximizes your time on the mountain. Glad to hear you enjoyed our lobster tacos and elk corn dogs, too--my personal favorites.

Denver, Colorado
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

Last night I had a lovely overnight night stay at this Four Seasons, then spent this morning lounging in bed, reading and drinking espresso from the little machine in the room. When I took my shower this morning I noticed 5 red, itchy bumps on my hip, back and leg. They look and feel just like mosquito bites, but it's December and very cold in Vail. Bedbugs seem to be the obvious explanation. I can't imagine what else might have bitten me there- four of the bites were in an area covered by my underpants. I didn't see any bugs, but I didn't look too hard, just left the room and checked out. I told the guy at the front desk when I checked out and he said they'd check the room. So, beware! I'm glad I didn't stay more than one night!

Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Four Seasons Hotel Resort Vail does not have bedbugs. Four Seasons, the safety and comfort of our guests and employees is our primary concern, including the cleanliness of our entire hotel.
We work with our housekeeping staff and with several outside pest-control companies to ensure that our hotel is well maintained and thoroughly cleaned on a regular basis. Guests can rest assured that we are taking all steps and precautions to ensure that we maintain the high standard of cleanliness they have come to associate with Four Seasons.

Jim Guttau,
Oak Park, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

We just got back from a long weekend to Vail, and stayed in this beautiful hotel with our two little ones, ages 4 and 6. From check-in on, the experience was just lovely. The hotel itself is gorgeous. Despite its large size, it feels intimate and cozy, with many seating nooks centered around massive stone fireplaces. The room was very spacious, with a fireplace, a large walk-in closet and a huge bathroom with an enormous soaking tub, a separate shower and toilet. We spent a lot of time with the kids in the heated saltwater pool and hot tubs, which were so warm steam poured off them and it was pleasant to swim even with snow on the ground. A nearby cabinet held heated towels and robes. Maybe the best part was the service, though. Everybody was incredibly friendly and helpful. They knew our kids' names as we arrived, offered genuinely helpful ideas for activities, set up a great babysitter for us, took care of our skis and shuttled us around (to meals, to the ski slopes) in the hotel's fleet of SUVs. Our daughter's birthday was around the corner, and they left a cupcake in our room with her name written in chocolate on the plate, which delighted her. At every turn, we felt welcomed and like the hotel had thought of every way to make the stay easy and fun. We are coming back next year, and can't wait.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for choosing us for your family vacation! We are a popular choice of families with small children.

I am glad to hear you enjoyed your hotel room; at 575 sq. ft., they are some of the largest in the area. The outdoor pool, heated year-round, is a picturesque place to unwind, so I am pleased that you spent a lot of time there.

We love to anticipate our guests' needs and enjoy surprising them with amenities, such as the cupcake for your daughter.

We look forward to your return to our Resort!

Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

This hotel is amazing, but borders on not being worth the cost. $40/day parking. $30/day resort fee. $480-1000+ rooms. It's a fantastic place with exceptional food, location, and service. Just be ready to pay for it. One of the most beautifully decorated properties I've ever been in, and easy walk to everything in Vail.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Thanks for your recent visit and 5-star review of our Resort! Thanks for noting our exceptional service, food and convenient location in Vail Village. Yes, we do have a charge for valet and the Resort Fee. The resort fee includes various amenities, such as, complimentary transportation within the Vail Village, health club access, standard in-room internet, local phone calls, newspapers, in-room coffee & tea service, morning lobby coffee & tea service, access to our Kids for All Seasons program, and use of our private lockers and refreshments at our off site Ski Concierge during the winter season.

California,USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

The hotel is very nice and well kept. People are friendly and really try to help you if needed. We had a Junior suite: very clean and comfortable. The hot tub and swimming pool at 7.30 am in November was so exciting ...
A special mention to the restaurant: the beef was excellent as well as the wine.
We are planning to be back next year for a longer vacation!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
FourSeasonsColorado, Public Relations Manager at Four Seasons Resort and Residences Vail, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
Greetings, thank you for your recent stay and taking the time to review our Resort. Glad to hear you enjoyed our 75-foot heated, outdoor pool! Looking forward to seeing you next year.

Denver, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012 via mobile

The first visit to the 4 Seasons was nice, but felt like I was being overcharged around every corner, but we thought we'd try it again. Whatever your room rate is, add another $70 per night ($40 to park your car, $30 resort fee). It's very nice, and the staff is friendly, but simply not worth the cost. Not sure if the mattress was old, but one of the roughest nights sleep on our attest/last stay.

Time to try someplace else.

Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Greetings,

Yes, our Resort Fee is $30, and our valet, in ski season, is $40 per night. Those are listed on your confirmation at the time of booking and explained at check in.

Please do contact me with further comments: jim.guttau@fourseasons.com

Thank you for writing us.

Director of Public Relations

Been to Four Seasons Resort and Residences Vail? Share your experiences!