I had read some reviews here of this hotel posted in the last couple of years that weren't very glowing but as they enter there 3rd winter season, the hotel definitely has its act together. Service, service, service is what I expect from a Four Seasons and from the moment we arrived and Sunny arranged a very reasonably priced upgrade from a deluxe mountain view room to a mountain view executive suite, the service was extraordinary throughout our stay. The things we liked best:
1. The ski concierge just steps from the main desk where we got fitted for our boots & skis that were stored in the hotel each night. The rental prices were only slightly higher than the outside ski shops but the convenience more than made up for that.
2. Our room. The separate living room allowed me to watch basketball at night while my wife watched The Voice, X-Factor and her other favorite shows in the bedroom. We had a walk-in closet, a great view from the balcony and the TV in the bathroom was part of the mirror.
3. The spa was one of the best of any hotel I've stayed in and the steam room was set to a high temperature; just the way I like it. The co-ed lounge is beautiful and opens to the outdoor pool, fireplaces and hot tubs. A special shout-out to Jody at the spa desk for offering me an ice bag when she noticed I was limping from a mild groin strain when I came in on our next to our last day there and giving me another one to use that night; as a result I was able to enjoy our last day of skiing without any pain or swelling!
4. Not only did the hotel take us to Lionshead when we wanted to go and pick us up when we were ready to come back, they also offer a free courtesy-car service to anywhere in the area. That came in really handy when we needed to go pick up a few things at a nearby shopping center.
5. Location, location, location. Not only is the hotel is only a block away from the main lift at Vail mountain, it is also only a block away from all the shops & restaurants in Vail Village.
My only complaint? They didn't have a gift shop to pick up snacks, sundry items & souvenirs. They did have a limited selection of clothing in the spa but we ended up purchasing most of the things for ourselves and gifts for our friends elsewhere.
All in all, it was just a wonderful stay at a wonderful hotel and I'm already day-dreaming about going back asap!