“Decent value and food in West Vail” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Bar
Chicago, Illinois
“Decent value and food in West Vail”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2012

Considering the prices you pay in Vail, this sports bar is a pretty good place for early evening food and drinks. Food is your basic "bar grub" with a few of them specially priced during the "happy" hour (3-7pm). Many drinks are also discounted during that time as well. The best rating was received by the brisket, sandwich or platter. Burger was also pretty good. Beef or fish tacos were just "OK" As far as "ambiance" goes, you are literally surrounded by scores of TV screens with at least 6-7 different programs going on at the same time.

Visited March 2012

Boston, Massachusetts
“Great local drafts & bar food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2012

I arrived when it was quite empty - no live show (there is a stage near the bar). Hungry and in a hurry, I ordered a locally brewed IPA and their (inexpensive) half-rack of 'cued ribs. Another draft - Sam Adam's seasonal - and the ribs, cole slaw and fries were a perfect end to a day on the slopes.

Visited February 2012
Golden CO
“Ripped off, tons of old people”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2011

My fiancé and I were charged a cover. No big deal. But after entering and being the younger people by 40 years, I noticed we were the only ones being charged a cover. When I asked, the bouncer told me "we came at the wrong time". If you want to be random selected to pay more for the retirement home experience, go here

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Cleveland
“Great casual food with excellent service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2011

We went for a late breakfast at this comfy sports bar. The breakfast burritos were excellent and the service was awesome! Great place to get a quick bite.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Columbus, Nebraska
“Fantastic food, great value...good kids menu too”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2011

Lets start with saying, I hate to eat at restaurants because I rarely feel I get what I pay for. I usually feel like I can make better food at home. I was amazingly impressed with Jason and crew at Sandbar. The food was actually prepared by the people in the kitchen (Jason) instead of pre-processed. My kids got chicken fingers that looked like chicken, mac & cheese made from scratch. We had brisket that rivals the best smokehouses. My wife and I shared a half-pound burger that was creative and not ordinary. And finally, lets not forget the sweet potato fries. This place cannot be getting the recognition it deserves. And the prices...lets say I spent as much on lunch earlier in the day in Eagle and didn't get half the food. Thanks Jason and Nichole!

• Visited August 2011