Aspen at Streamside was great. We stayed in a 1 bedroom unit on the ground floor.
-New amenities (kitchen w/granite countertops, new bathrooms, nice furniture)
-They stocked the unit with all you'd need for a week - dishes, dish soap, sponge, paper towels, pots, pans, coffeemaker, tea kettle.
-Complementary shuttle to Safeway just across the highway between 5 and 8 p.m. You just call and schedule a pick up and drop off.
-The free shuttle bus into town was key (this is not the Vail shuttle, but the one provided by the hotel). Make sure to get a seat though because it can get crowded in the mornings. It runs every 15 mins in the AM and every 30 in the PM. It takes about 15 minutes to get to Lionshead. Keep in mind the shuttle does not go to Vail Village in the morning, so you will begin skiing in Lionshead or you will have to take the Intown bus into Vail Village.
-The property has a Clubhouse with a bunch of outdoor hot tubs, an indoor/outdoor pool, sauna and eucalyptus steam room.
-Food tip: Across the street, near the Safeway, is a new-ish restaurant called Ale House. The food is delicious (I'm a NY food snob), service was great, and you can walk home when you're done. It's a good option if you don't want to go into town.
-IF YOU ARE A LIGHT SLEEPER: Because I am, I will not stay here again in a 1 br unit because they are located on the 1st and 2nd floors and the floors are poorly constructed. I could hear every step of the people staying upstairs. That being said, they have 1 br lofts on the third (top floor) and I would definitely stay in those units in the future.
-You have to strip the bed and put your own linens in a laundry basket at the end of the stay, as well as collect all the trash from the bathroom and kitchen and put it in one bag in the kitchen. I felt this was a little tacky and that housekeeping should take care of this for you at the end of your stay. Note that they do not have complementary housekeeping except on Wednesdays, so you have to pay if you want your bed made up and towels changed.
-Shampoo provided is awful - bring your own.
Overall great stay, we'd come back!
- Also Known As:
- Vri Streamside At Vail - Aspen Hotel Vail
- Vri Streamside At Vail - Aspen Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At Aspen at Streamside resort, there are several pleasant choices for high-energy recreation and high-profile relaxation! Whether it's skiing, snowmobiling, swimming or biking, there is always a glamorous thrill surrounding the lively year-round activities at the resort. In nearby Vail Village you can relax in a fine restaurant or visit its shops. Enjoy it all in your own one bedroom or one bedroom+loft condominium! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Fareportal and Otel so you can book your VRI Streamside at Vail - Aspen reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.