“Our new happy place” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 33 Hotels in Vail
Littleton, Colorado
“Our new happy place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

This was our first time staying here and we have discovered our new happy place. The staff were so good and seemed to really enjoy working there. WE loved the pool area as the infinity pool feels as if you are almost in the river. Our kids thought it was the best place ever! they even made new friends in the pool and everyone seemed to be enjoying the beautiful scenery and amazing location. I would give this place an excellent rating but, we did have to wait a long time for our room to be ready (even though we said we would be arriving early and checked in early). Whilst I appreciate we were early, we had to wait until after check in time for our room to be ready. However, we did have the most amazing service from our pool bartender (Warren Taylor) and the best waiter ever (Jarius T). If you love Vail but are looking for place that is a bit more laid back, you will not be disappointed. We have found our happy place and so can you!

Room Tip: Ask for a room along the river, the sound of the water will put you to sleep!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
John G, General Manager at Vail Cascade Resort & Spa, responded to this review, July 11, 2014
Dear mtngyrl_10,
We love being your new “happy place”! Thank you for sharing your positive experience. We are thrilled that you and your family enjoyed our pool, service and staff. On the flip side, we apologize about your wait to get into your room - we know that can be an inconvenience and we appreciate your patience. If you do return to Vail, please let me know so we can ensure your next stay exceeds your expectations.

Thank you for your business and your endorsement of Vail Cascade,
Vail Cascade

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (282)
Waconia, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

I recently stayed at Vail Cascade for 4 nights. We were ALWAYS greeted with a smile and a welcoming greeting. Service was wonderful ~ food delicious ~ views breath taking ~ rooms comfortable !! The staff was so cheerful whether it was at 7 in the morning starting the fire for us. or getting us a cup of coffee BEFORE the store opened!
I am looking forward to visiting again.

Room Tip: Rooms with a view mountain side ~ lovely!! and the running river great sleeping "white noise&qu...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Jennifer,
We do hope you visit again – sooner than later! Glad to hear that you enjoyed your summer vacation and we love the picture you posted! Our team truly provides service from the heart and I’m glad you experienced it. If you do travel back to Vail Cascade, please let me know so I can personally welcome you back.

Thanks again,
Portland, OR
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

Vail Cascade Resort sits a couple of miles west of Vail Village, which is nice if you are looking for a quieter location that still has a lot to offer. The facility includes a nice pool area as well as a spa and sports center which were top notch. The staff were exceptionally friendly and helpful, with a pleasant smile and "hello" whenever they passed. The dinner I had at the casual restaurant was excellent.

The only disappointment during my visit was that some of the interior seemed a little worn. One example was the shower fixture in my room, which was dated and leaked almost as much water from the valve handle and plumbing joints as what came out of the shower head itself. The deck off of my room needed to be refinished, as the wood was very aged and weathered. On the plus side, the beds were very comfortable, and I got a great night's sleep with my deck door open to the cool summer night air outside. Wi-fi was complimentary and worked flawlessly during my visit.

All in all, it was a very pleasant stay, and I would definitely consider staying at the Vail Cascade during my next visit to the area.

Room Tip: Second floor mountain view rooms are available with a private deck from which you can enjoy the suns...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Dear PlazMan,
Thank you for selecting Vail Cascade for your recent trip. We appreciate hearing from our guests. It sounds like you enjoyed our location (yes – the serenity of our setting is hard to beat) and our amenities. There really isn’t anything better than sleeping to the sounds of Gore Creek. Thank you for your feedback pertaining to your guest room. We will share this information with our staff and ensure the shower and plumbing are fixed.

If you do return to Vail, we’d love to have you again as our guests. Please feel free to contact me if there is anything I can do to make your next visit even more memorable.

Bloomington, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

Can't wait to return! The staff was awesome - helpful and personable and always seemed genuinely happy to see us. It was a girls get away and we indulged in a spa day. I had a massage with Celeste and it was divine. The amenities at the spa "Aria" were more than we expected. Thank you to the entire staff for an amazing stay!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Katie J, General Manager at Vail Cascade Resort & Spa, responded to this review, July 11, 2014
Dear Christina,
Glad to hear you enjoyed your girls getaway at Vail Cascade and enjoyed a little pampering at Aria Spa. It’s a beautiful time of year in Vail and we hope you return again soon.

Fairview, West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

The clean, comfortable setting of the Cascade Resort was just the beginning of a lovely stay. The staff was extraordinarily professional and congenial. The front desk staff always made a point of respectfully addressing us by name. They smiled and assisted us efficiently with every matter that needed to be addressed. When business correspondence arrived by overnight FedEx, I was contacted immediately. When I needed a notary, the resort's notary left another building so that she could meet me at my convenience in the main lobby. My correspondence, business needs, and inquiries were addressed with consumate professionalism. On one night, I awakened with a headache and went down to the lobby so my husband could rest. I sat by a roaring fire in a high back leather chair. The ottoman was so elegant, I was reluctant to put my dirty shoes on it. Not only did the night auditor assure me that I most certainly coukd put my shies on it, she graciously pushed the heavy piece of furniture toward me. Within a ouple of minutes, a lovely staff person offed me a glass of tea, suggesting that the caffiene might help with the headache. She prepared the beverage and carried it to the lobby along with sweetner and napkins. Later she checked to see if I was feeling better. THIS is customer service! My grandson flew in to Vail to spend a little time with us, and the first thing he said was how extremely cordial everyone was. Don't miss a stay at the Cascade. If your experience is half as good as mine, you will not be disappointed.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
John G, General Manager at Vail Cascade Resort & Spa, responded to this review, July 1, 2014
Dear Adventurous Author,
Thank you for sharing your Vail Cascade experience! Comprehensive reviews such as yours are not only beneficial for us, but for other potential guests as well. We are glad to hear that our team was able to make your stay more enjoyable, even with the unexpected head ache – sorry to hear you had to deal with during your stay. Our team truly takes service to a new level – we truly care about you! We hope you’re feeling better.

We are grateful for your business and would love the opportunity to have you as our guest again soon, but next time for fun (leave work at home!).

Thanks again,

Denver, CO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

Stayed there for just one night on my birthday with my wife. We got the Groupon deal, so price was really good. The hotel is very peaceful, clean, and in a great location. Parking is free across the street. Room was huge - too big almost for 2 of us. The walk to Lionshead village is about 20-25 minutes, and further 10 minutes to Vail.
I also loved their bar - very cozy.

Would love to return here with my kids.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear KGBhoy,
What an honor that you selected Vail Cascade for your birthday! After reading your review, it looks like you enjoyed your visit and appreciated the serenity of our location. We would love to see you again soon – with the kids! They will love all of our amenities and summer activities. From dive-in movies to s’mores by the pool to a mountain full of adventure! If you do return, please let me know if there is anything I can do to make your next stay even more memorable.

Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

Great from check in to check out with one exception....the spa. A big screen tv in ladies dressing room and hot tub area? Let me guess.....the designer of the area was NOT female. Loved the hotel but spa was not work class as advertised. Great staff!

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Dear mavfan59,
Thank you for selecting Vail Cascade for your spring break! Glad to hear you enjoyed your business trip and squeezed in a little time at Aria Athletic Club & Spa. And thanks to your feedback pertaining to the locker room.

We hope to see you again soon; enjoy your summer!

Vail Cascade

Been to Vail Cascade Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!