“We just wanted a place to rest between skiing and fun. What we got was so much more!!!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Vail Cascade Resort & Spa

Save 10%-15%
Ranked #10 of 33 Hotels in Vail
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014

We just wanted a place to rest between skiing and fun. What we got was so much more!! It's not the newest place but I sort of like the older style that gives a sense of time passed. It was spotless and well cleaned every day. Everyone was friendly and extremely helpful. They'd help you pick places to go or best times to go. They had the 411 of how to get where and best roughs.
They gave us a room on the bottom floor, thinking we'd love being near the fire pits and Jacuzzi (it was an anniversary trip for us) but for me being from NY I don't like being that close to the central hub of things or on a ground floor with people passing by our room. I asked (expecting a hard time) to be moved but it was no problem and I was placed in a new room with an amazing view and awesome balcony!! The tub was so deep you could drown and the shower pressure was very good!!! Our sheets, pillows and bed itself felt great. They even have a humidifier in the room which we used each night and really helped us!
The resort has everything you want/need small store, ski shop right on sight (OMG they were AMAZING IN THERE!!! So helpful!!) restaurant and bar. It also, had heated pool ...LOVED IT, rocking chairs at two fire pits with someone who came out with the making of smores...more excited then we were about it too!! You couldn't help but have fun. The least loved was the bar as the wait staff left me feeling like they were doing me a favor by being their...but the wine and drinks were still good...not the best of the trip but when you're tired it will do for a night cap. They even have live music each night. You were no more than a 4 min. drive to the center of Vail. I looked into some of the other hotels during my stay, as I wanted to know if I was really missing out on anything...in my opinion all I missed out on was the bigger bill!!! I'd book it again in a second!!!

Room Tip: I got a room in the center above the fire pit and loved the veiw and location to night roaming of th...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (286)
Boulder, CO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2014

We intended to visit just one night. My husband and teen sons loved the convenient skiing -- equipment rentals, ski concierge and ticket booth on site, chair lift right outside the door. I loved the huge fitness center and spa -- great place to relax the day away. Resort shuttle to Vail Village was incredibly convenient. Breakfast buffet at the restaurant had enough variety that it seemed like a great value. Room was large enough, comfortable and updated; double sinks outside the bathroom are great. Live music in the packed bar area. All this right on site. We checked out after one night but spent the day and then planned to head home after dinner. When the highway was closed due to weather, the front desk was very gracious -- a great deal on a second night. We are Coloradans, and Vail Cascade is now our go-to spot in Vail.

Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
John G, General Manager at Vail Cascade Resort & Spa, responded to this review, February 25, 2014
Dear Juja80301,
Thank you for your business and your endorsement of Vail Cascade Resort. We would be honored to be your ‘go-to spot in Vail’! We take great pride in providing superior service and are thrilled to hear about your stay. With Vail’s largest fitness center and spa, Aria Athletic Club is an amazing experience and we’re thrilled that you enjoy it. We hope to see you and your family again soon. The snow continues to fall and the skiing conditions can't be beat!
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2014

This was very nice Xmas weekend, we rent a car from Denver and drove to Vail, booked the hotel through their website, cheaper from Expedia and similar sites.
Place is great, they have their own shuttle, and its very fast every 1/2h if I remember correctly. We had only one time breakfast at the hotel, and it was great, but the most of the time we dine in town.
Would definitely go again if we decide to go back to Vail.

Room Tip: Restaurants in hotel are closing early and hotel store doesn't offer a lot if you like your wine...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear celsolph,
Thank you for your 5-star review; we are humbled by your generous comments. The holidays in Vail are truly a special place and we’re glad to hear that your stay was memorable. The snow continues to fall and we’re having a great winter – we’d love to see you again! If you do decide to return, I’d ask that you reach out to me so I can ensure your next visit is even more special.
Thanks again,
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2014

I have been all over the world and I have to say this is one of the best hotels I have ever stayed at. We had our wedding in Vail and had about 100 guests all staying at the Vail Cascade. The staff is VERY friendly and helpful. They went out of their way to fulfill all of our needs all week. Great bar, great pool, great rooms, excellent food. I really cant say enough good things about this hotel. They even remembered us when we came back the next year for our anniversary! They truly make you feel like a VIP. I look forward to going back every year.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Jason,
First let me take a moment to say congratulations on your recent wedding and send you best wishes for a lifetime of happiness! We are truly honored that you selected Vail Cascade as your host hotel for your special celebration. We appreciate you taking the time to write a review on your experience and from what it sounds like, you had a memorable time, which is great to hear. We hope you make your anniversary a tradition by coming back to Vail Cascade year-after-year. We will go above and beyond to ensure your stays exceed your expectations.

Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2014

One of the best girl's trips we've had thus far. Even though we were booked in a private home, the hotel staff treated us the same as they would if we stayed on the hotel premises. They even found an iPod dock for us to use for the weekend! We definitely plan on coming back!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Ania,
We’re delighted to hear you enjoyed your girl’s getaway! Having the largest selection of condos and homes provides a great opportunity to connect with those you enjoy spending time with. Glad to hear you enjoyed our resort amenities as well. We do hope you return; we’d love to welcome you back. If there’s anything we can do to make your next stay even more memorable, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2014

I have been to Vail before for the skiing but had stayed at a different resort in the past. The hotel is located west of the two main areas of Vail, the Vail Village and Lionshead Square. For any dining and shopping other than at the hotel itself you will need to take a bus, taxi, or car. The hotel itself provides shuttles that leave every fifteen or twenty minutes and take you to two locations: the Vail Transportation Center and Lionshead Square. The free Town of Vail bus system also stops at the hotel on a regular (contact the Town of Vail for details as the schedule changes by season). Not being in the center of Vail means that the pace is a little slower and it is definitely quieter.

The rooms, overall, are kept up very well. They are clean and comfortable and you can find a humidifier in the closet. The rooms are a tad loud and should have been built with a bit more sound insulation and a better fitting door to the hall. While the resort was built in sections over the years and thus not new, it is in quite good shape. The room came with a very small balcony that was just able to hold two chairs.

Charter Sports is located on site. They sell ski and snowboard gear as well as renting ski and snowboard gear. You can buy your lift ticket right outside the sports shop and a ski lift, lift #20, is also located just outside Charter Sports shop. The Vail Cascade appears to be the only resort with its own ski lift in Vail. Charter Sports also stores your skis and boots when you come down from the mountain at no cost. It is all very convenient.

The Atwater restaurant is very good. The quality of food and service is great. The only negative was the price. However, I rate prices for all food and drink in Vail as rather high when compared with other resort towns. With that said, the Vail Cascade is one of the better values in the town. There is also a bar just off the lobby that was packed during much of the afternoon and evening.

There are two heated pools and hot tubs. I enjoyed relaxing in the hot tubs after skiing with their lovely view of trees and mountains.

The staff is pleasant and helpful. The resort is big, so it can take awhile to get to your room from the lobby. The hotel also has a spa and indoor sports facility, including indoor tennis and basketball, which I did not use.

The only major negative of the Vail Cascade, in my mind, was the mandatory “resort fee” at the hotel. This fee, which covers such things as in room coffee and local telephone access, is due upon check-out and is charged at the rate of $27 per room per night. One should consider the “resort fee” to be part of the room rate as most of the "resort fee" covers items included in the price of a room at most hotels.

Overall it was a pleasant stay, and I would stay at the Vail Cascade again in the future

Room Tip: If you plan to ski ask a room near the ski lift but not on the first floor or directly above the Cha...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2014 via mobile

We love this resort. We stayed here for a few days this summer and knew we'd have to come back during ski season. When we checked in, I mentioned to Dilyana, the incredibly pleasant girl behind the desk, that the price for our room had gone down since we booked. She smiled and said, "Don't worry, I'll upgrade you and give you a really nice room to make you happy." We had a beautiful suite with a view of the ski mountain and the stream. I love all of the amenities here that are included such as wifi, fitness center, spa facilities (I used the hot tub and steam every day), and the station in the lobby with the various chargers for whatever cellphone you might have. The market is great when you want a snack or a quick meal. Charter Sports which is on site has great rentals and they are so nice. To rent skis, walk out the door, and have the ski ticket office twenty feet away and the chair lift ten feet away is just terrific. They store your skis when you come down. There are two heated pools and hot tubs. I love the comfortable bar area. The shuttles leave every fifteen minutes and take you all over Vail. There's also free self parking. This is a wonderful place to stay and it's very good value. The best deals can be found when you "like" it on facebook.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
John G, General Manager at Vail Cascade Resort & Spa, responded to this review, February 5, 2014
Dear MarcelleMiami,
Coming all the way from Florida, we’re delighted to hear that you returned to Vail Cascade for another visit. Summer is definitely beautiful in Vail, but winter is equally as rewarding. We are grinning from ear to ear after reading your review. It sounds like you took advantage of all the amenities and offerings that make Vail Cascade so unique. We greatly appreciate your feedback and would love to see you again….hopefully sooner than later! The snow has been great this season!
Managing Director

Been to Vail Cascade Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!