“We will return for another "get-a-way" weekend.” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 10%-15%
Ranked #11 of 33 Hotels in Vail
Longmont, Colorado
“We will return for another "get-a-way" weekend.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

Great location, great staff, great hotel, just great all around. Upon arrival we were upgraded to a larger room with a king size bed at no extra charge. We had purchased our weekend get-a-way through Living Social Escapes and were planning a weekend in September booking the last weekend Living Social would allow when my wife contacted West Nile. We waited until the Thursday before our stay to see if we could go but due to the weakness and pain my wife was having we decided to cancel. I contacted Reservations and explained our plight and was told there would be no problem with changing our reservation to a different date at no extra charge, this was not expected. I am very pleased with the way we were treated, it is nice to know that there are businesses that will cater to their customers. Vail Cascade Resort is one of those businesses.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (276)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

I had a wonderful time at Vail Cascade. All the staff was very friendly, engaging and welcoming. I had a great experience with room service when my colleges did not. On particular night I had placed and order and it took over an hour to recieve and I had to make a call to find out what had happen. The young man that answered the phone had it up to the room very quickly and fixed the issue right away and did not charge me for the meal. I would have to say I had the best grilled cheese of my life from your room service menu. Spent an afternoon in and had a wonderful time and talked Lisa Marie's ear off. She was wonderful.

I would have given Vail Cascade an excellent rating but I felt that the room fell short just a bit for the diamond rating the resort has. The room was lovely however the bathroom was not good. I loved the large lighted mirror. But the shower head in shower was one that looks like I got from Walmart that is my shower at home that cost me $5.00. There was so much hard water in it that the pressure was so light it took me 20 minutes to rinse shampoo out of my hair. Housekeeping staff needed to be more consistant in what things are completed in the room and what is not. The other reason why I gave the lower rating was the food service in the conference facilities. Food was normally cold and nothing special. Also another big issue was food was not labled. I have a very bad nut allergy that requires a visit to the hospital after a reaction. I felt as a nag every time I had to ask the staff if there were nuts in anything and then it would take forever to find out the answer. This could be a big liabilty on the facility if someone where to suffer a reaction due to poor awareness in what was being served. I however was impressed with our server during our plated meal with the group. First thing he asked was if there was any allergies, he then found out what could portenially have nuts and then found something else that could replace the course. Props to him but I can't recall his name.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
John G, General Manager at Vail Cascade Resort & Spa, responded to this review, December 18, 2013
Dear onthemovegirl,
Comprehensive reviews like yours are appreciated. Thank you for providing us with detailed feedback on some of the issues you encountered while visiting. I do hope you give us another chance to earn back your loyalty and I personally invite you to call me directly if I can make your next visit more enjoyable. Again, we appreciate your honesty and will take this feedback as a learning opportunity.

Thompsonville, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

I stayed at Vail Cascade during a five night business trip in early November (Sat – Thus). The room was adequate for a business traveler. There were plenty of plugs both on the desk and on the nightstand for chargers. There were enough hangers to accommodate my clothes and plenty of drawer space. The beds were high and didn’t cause any back aches. The pillows were an odd assortment. There were sleeping pillows, and two different sized decorative pillows. One sleeping pillow was too flat, and the other was too squishy. I made due. One of my traveling companions said they found their sheets too noisy; they were definitely crisp, but not rough.

I loved the extra few inches of width in the shower/tub. It was great for leaving bath toiletries and to prevent the shower curtain from sticking to you. The water was also hot which was most appreciated. However, the water pressure was poor and I felt the toggle from tub to shower allowed too much water to leak out causing the poor water pressure. The showerhead had adjustable settings, but I felt it might have needed a de-liming or something to get better flow. The pumps in the shower for gel, shampoo, and conditioner were awful. It is as if they wouldn’t raise high enough to get a good squirt. It took 12 pumps to get enough shampoo to wash my just-below-shoulder-length hair; yes, I counted. It was rather frustrating. The fan that appeared to be in the ceiling of the bathroom did not work (i.e no noise) and the bathroom was quite a steam room after my shower. The extra ledge over the sink was great for keeping toiletries!

The refrigerator was nice for keeping water, soda, and leftovers for later. When I arrived though, it felt extremely warm for a refrigerator. Finding no adjustment inside, I pulled it out and found one on the rear. I adjusted it and it was cooler for the remainder of my stay.

Stayover service addressed my two needs the first night (more coffee & a clean robe), and then I opted to forgo service and receive the $5 coffee-shop credit on subsequent nights. I tried this again on the 3rd and 4th night, but never received a $5 coupon nor stayover service on those nights. Maybe I misunderstood the promotion? We did call the first afternoon to have our deck shoveled, and the call was answered quickly and a staff member arrived within a reasonable amount of time.

Unlike other posters I had no problems with kids in the pool, although the only time I used it was during a heavy snow session. I visited it a few times during my stay for pictures and never found it occupied. The setting for the pool was idyllic with the sound of the creek close by. The temperature of the pool was perfect on a cold snowy night and kept me warm enough to enjoy a 20 minute or so swim. I was disappointed though the hot tub fireplace wasn’t going the night I went in. It was working the next few nights during my photo ops.

The walking path to Lionshead and Vail Village was wonderful. While snow covered and slippery in spots, it still made for a beautiful walk. The convenient resort shuttle brought us back to the resort with all of our packages!

From the conference side of things, the staff was very friendly and helpful. They took a moment to share their stories without acting rushed. The bartender Joey was my favorite and was quick to remember my drink. However, I found room temperatures to be a challenge and hated the bathroom situation. I found it bizarre the only bathroom on the floor with the ballroom was a single-stall unisex restroom. The main level women’s room was often without toilet paper in the first few stalls. The food and snack services were adequate, but nothing special. I didn’t like the beverage stations in the corners of the ballroom and didn’t even realize they were there the first meal and missed out on what I heard were amazing canoli! Signs or servers directing us to the corners would have been appreciated. I also wish the snack service would have been on both levels or in both buildings as I had no idea it existed for two days as my sessions were either on the first floor or main building.

What made this stay wonderful though was the scenery. The view from my room down the valley was breath-taking and the sunrises were stunning. It might sound like I’m complaining, but the little things didn’t detract that much from my stay. Being from the hotel industry, I tend to notice the little things and have many experiences to which to compare various stays. I would definitely recommend this property to friends and family.

Room Tip: Valley view with a deck was great!
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

I rarely write reviews, but in this instance I think it’s important to share our experience. Last year, my husband and I went to Vail Cascade between Christmas and New Years. After making our reservations, we were connected to the Concierge. By the LUCK of the draw, we received Sharon. She my friends, is what makes this hotel a memory. She lives in Vail, and knows every restaurant, chair lift, ski shop, activate there is to do in Vail. She is absolutely EXCELLENT. Sharon set us with everything from the moment we stepped off the plane and the trip was the very best we had EVER had. On account, we are bringing our 3 kids back with us this year, over Christmas. I called Sharon to help us with our itinerary-she still had height, weight, ski size, and food preferences in her notebook. The long and the short is the Cascade is a lovely hotel, but what makes it impeccable are people like Sharon. I strongly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Dalton25,
Making a meaningful difference in the lives of our guests is incredibly important to Vail Cascade. We strive to provide service from the heart and we agree - Sharon goes above and beyond to ensure to exceed guest’s expectations. Your review is a testament to that. Thank you for sharing your experience with us – we really appreciate it. We’re looking forward to seeing you over the holidays and ask that you let us know if there’s anything we can do to make your experience even more magical!

Denver, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

The hotel is adjacent to the creek and walking/bike path that is wonderful. The rooms were large and comfortable. The staff was very helpful and friendly. We enjoy using the shuttle service to town. The downside on this trip was the number of kids! We hoped to spend some quiet time by the outside heated pool, but there were so many kids it was impossible to get in the pool without being hit by pool toys. Kind of reminded us of a Motel 6 type of pool - very disappointing. For this reason I down-graded my rating. The hotel needs to make a pool available for families and kids.

Room Tip: Mountain side rooms are great!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Wray, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

Second time staying at the Vail Cascade Resort and we brough family this time. The outdoor pool and hot tub are beautiful and over look the Creek. In novemember they were plenty warm to swim in at 11 pm. I originally stayed because of a group on, but I didn't actually use the groupon. Instead I called the hotel and they gave me an equivalent deal plus when I arrived I was upgraded to a creek side view, much appreciated. During the day there are things going on for kids, such as smore roasts at the pool side fire. There is free parking available as well as a shuttle that will bring you to different parts of town for free as well. Rooms are large, clean and well decorated. There are some nice robes with each room, that can be purchased. I think for vail it's a great deal and would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Call the hotel to get the best room.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

Five Star qualities:
Gore Creek - Right outside our room! If it were summer I would have slept with the doors open and slept to the sound of water running over cobbles.
Rooms - large and comfy with upscale, mountain-lodgey decor.
Pool and hot tubs - Again, directly adjacent to the creek. Large patio and neat fire/art features.
Staff - Super helpful in answering questions and fulfilling requests.
Club access - one of us was able to use the gym for free while the other took a yoga class ($15).

Reason for 4 stars:
I try to reserve 5 stars for no complaints and or over-the-top type experiences. There were funny quarks about this hotel that just made me think, "You're almost there!" They were very small but the attention to detail could have been better in our room. A cabinet door hung slightly off its hinge, the shower product pumps were broken, the bed was a bit soft for us, and the phone jack was falling out of the wall. Also, as others have mentioned, TONS of kiddos! You'll have to go to the hot tub late to avoid splashing and whatnot. And I'm talking like 10:00pm, when they close at 11. It would be nice if they had adult hours, maybe starting at 9...

All in all, I would definitely stay at the Cascade again. Especially with another super awesome Travelzoo deal!

Room Tip: Go for a creekside room, you won't be disappointed.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
John G, General Manager at Vail Cascade Resort & Spa, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
Dear mtngirljen,
We are very grateful for your business and appreciate your review. Glad to hear you enjoy our amenities and location on Gore Creek. Thank you for sharing some of the ways we can improve – we will definitely share this information with our team as we do strive to provide an over-the-top experience. Hope you return soon!

Managing Director

Been to Vail Cascade Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!