We booked a family vacation online at the Vail Cascade Resort and Spa over the 4th of July, supposedly the busiest day of the year in Vail. From the moment we checked in, to our departure, we had an outstanding visit at the resort and in the town of Vail. This is a beautiful property in a remarkable setting.
Rooms - We managed to get two rooms on the ground level on Gore Creek, which provided easy access to the hot tubs, the salt water pool and the outdoor fireplaces. Vail Path was right outside our door and follows Gore Creek to Vail Square in Lionshead, which was an easy walk of .7 miles. The rooms are spacious, well-appointed and clean.
Amenities – The main hotel has a saltwater pool, two hot tubs and two outdoor fireplaces, all of which are on the Gore Creek. The Aria Spa and Club is a connected building. Aria has full spa services, an outstanding exercise equipment setup, a full-size basketball court, a second outdoor pool and 3 indoor tennis courts.
Transportation - The resort is located just west of Lionshead and Vail Village. There is a city bus that runs regularly to Lionshead and Vail Village. In addition, the resort also provided a shuttle service to Lionshead that ran every 15 minutes. Parking is limited in Vail so walking, shuttles and buses are important for enjoying all that the town of Vail has to offer.
Dining – Atwater is the full-service restaurant and the food was outstanding albeit somewhat expensive, like most restaurants in the area. They also have a small market/café and gift shop with breakfast sandwiches and decent coffee, which worked well for us. That’s it for onsite dining.
Staff – The staff was extraordinary. The front desk was able to accommodate a room change to the ground level; the concierge knew everything that was happening in Vail over the 4th of July; the valet was remarkably fast.
Activities – The ski resorts in Colorado are becoming a summer destination. Hiking has always been the favorite past time in the mountains but now there are numerous biking trails and paths for riders of any skill level from family-friendly rides to highly technical descents on the mountain. We took the gondola up the mountain to have lunch, visit the children’s activity center and take a short hike. They also feature horseback riding and are in the process of building zip lines this year. Some people were fly fishing on the Gore Creek and others went out on ATVs on trails. Rafting is an option but will require a bit of a drive.
- Look for deals online, especially during the summer
- Book your room on the Gore Creek and enjoy the sound of the water
- Try to get a room on the ground level if you can for easy access to the amenities
- Take advantage of the Aria Spa and Club – 2nd pool, basketball, indoor tennis, weights
- There is a ski lift right on the property, it does not run in the summer
- Pets are allowed at the property, for a fee
I would recommend the Vail Cascade Resort and Spa if you are looking for a first-class property that has a bit more privacy than the other hotels in Vail. The setting on the Gore Creek is somewhat unique and provides a more tranquil setting than the hotels in Lionshead or Vail Village. If you want more dining choices, nightlife and such then I would recommend a hotel in the Village or Lionshead.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Vail Cascade Resort and Spa features 280 comfortable hotel rooms and suites as well as condos and private homes. This Vail hotel has an outdoor pool and hot tubs, restaurants, room service, concierge services, spa, gym and a gift shop. Vail Cascade Resort is the perfect ski-in/ ski-out location with an on-site chairlift. Combine this with equipment rental and ski storage, skiing and snowboarding have never been more convenient. Other amenities include a 78,000 square foot spa and fitness center, complete with an indoor running track, tennis courts, yoga, pilates and fitness classes. If you need more space than a hotel room, consider staying at a Vail Cascade condo or private home. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Groupon, Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Orbitz, BookIt.com, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Priceline, Odigeo, Jetsetter and Tingo so you can book your Vail Cascade Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vail Cascade Resort And Spa
- Vail Cascade Hotel Vail
- Cascade Resort