“Favorite hotel in vail” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 33 Hotels in Vail
MusicTraveler2
“Favorite hotel in vail”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2011 via mobile

The Cascade is a great ski hotel, but what makes it really special is the quality of its concierge and bell staff. They remember names of guests and what they like with courtesy and friendliness, and usually after just one visit. In fact, the reason we keep coming back has far more to do with friendships developed over the years with the staff than the hotels private chairlift or great spa. Steve, Everett, Jen, Tony, Jeff, Dave at the bar, almost anyone you can think of there will be very helpful and make sure your stay is enjoyable. Our daughter is always excited when we say we are going to the Cascade over another hotel, and when trying to pick a getaway spot I have a saying: "Going to the Cascade is never a mistake."

• Stayed December 2010

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (282)
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2011

This is a great hotel that has a fab SPA ! It is also an ski in ski out hotel with great service for skiers. The main restaurant is chic and has a great view of the montain. The brakfast is amazing, dont eat too much or you will be slow at the slopes.....
They also have : SPA, BIG GYM, BASKETABALL COURT, MASSAGE (FOR A FEE) and much much more. They have a nice concierge also, which are very helpfull. It is a great hotel for family and also couples. The price is also good. You pay for a 4 star and get many extras !!!!

Room Tip: Pay a little extra for montain view....if you are in the winter it is great to see the snow....
  • Stayed December 2010, traveled solo
Brett S, General Manager at Vail Cascade Resort & Spa, responded to this review, December 5, 2011
Thank you so much for taking the time to write. One of the things we frequently hear is how surprised guests are when they discover our fitness center--just like you described! It is so hard to image a hotel gym being 78,000 square feet with a basketball court, three indoor tennis courts, the yoga studio and on and on. It sounds like you got to explore a lot of the property and we are so pleased you had a great stay.
Very best,
Saint Louis, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2011

We liked Cascade a lot for a recent ski trip. I found the rooms to be nice and staff was generally pretty helpful. Perfect for Ski-In-Ski-Out. We got a great rate, but looking at this winter--it's $400-$700... much more than we paid. For that kind of money, Vail Village has some great options. I recall getting a great spa massage here. Overall good for groups. Nice, but not fancy.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with friends
UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2011

Wonderful summer stay at Vail Cascade

Booked a standard room via Amex FHR and so package offered upgrade (if available), breakfast & late checkout as well as resort credit
Received a great welcome from a young woman with dark hair who check us in – we received a fantastic room located creekside (think it was a deluxe room)– it had its own patio area next to the creek – wonderful to sit outside with a drink.

Room facilities:
Room had king bed (very comfy & good linens & pillow), sofa & armchair , desk, fridge. Coffeemaker, Bathroom had double vanity – toiletries were from the onsite spa & were nice. Hairdryer was very powerful.
The room was spotless
patio area creekside with table & chairs

The pool area was gorgeous in the early evening & there were chairs to sit out & enjoy the mountain air, and a firepit,

The area was very peaceful. and a nice walking path runs creekside

The restaurant was excellent and the service first rate.

The lounge areas looked comfortable & relaxing

Overall I think the inside of the hotel is much more impressive than the outside

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Brett S, General Manager at Vail Cascade Resort & Spa, responded to this review, November 22, 2011
We are so pleased that you not only enjoyed your stay, but also that you took the time to write a detailed description of our resort. Some potential guests don't realize the extensiveness of the ammenities we offer, and your review will be helpful to many.
With thanks,
Boulder, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2011

I have been visiting this hotel for many years and really enjoy the peaceful setting. I always bring my dog and we love the convenience of the path along the creek, which only takes a few minutes to walk to Lionshead. During winter it is ski in/out, which is not that easy to find in Vail. I happen to enjoy the full service gym and spa. There is indoor tennis and I have had lessons with a great pro in the past. The staff are all exceptionally friendly, professional, and helpful.

Room Tip: Rooms that face the creek and are in the main part of the hotel are best.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2011

We got a great deal with a Groupon and we had never stayed in Vail so we decided to try it. We were very pleased with the room with the hotel with the service and the staff is very attentive and extremely helpful. We ate at the Atwater at Gore Creek restaurant in the hotel and the food was beyond all our expectations! We are still talking about the 1/2 roasted chicken, the caesar salad and the creme brulee!! The Angus burger was the best my husband had ever had. We had a balcony room and it was truly worth it. The sound of the creek right outside the door to the balcony and the beautiful views - so calming and peaceful. We just wanted a weekend away and this was the perfect spot to relax and unwind.

Room Tip: upgrade to the balcony, mountain view
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Brett S, General Manager at Vail Cascade Resort & Spa, responded to this review, November 11, 2011
Hi LJCanary-
Thanks for taking the time to post, we're so pleased that your stay exceeded your expectations. We are finding more and more Denver residents who are just now discovering us, like you did. Hope the word spreads, and thanks again for helping let others know to check us out.
Best,
Surprise, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2011

My husband and I found a really great deal online for this hotel. We kind of had an experience upon arrival that lowered our expectations. We drove past all these amazing resorts and, at the end of the line was one that looks a bit old and run down...that one was ours. Unfortunately I have a keen attention-to-detail, which makes me notice things that most people might otherwise miss (like mismatching pavers and cobblestone as well as cracks/broken concrete).

When we checked in, I was looking around while I listened to the customer service my husband was getting. Oh my. Little lack-luster to say the least. We were the only ones there and there were 3 people behind the counter and it took about a minute of us staring at them to get noticed. Everything around the check-in desk seemed aesthetically pleasing, but the chairs were all broken down and overly worn as was everything else in sight. It is what someone might call "Monet."

The room we got had a bit of a mid-evil dungeon-feel. It was averagely nice, but there were stains on the carpet that probably could have been cleaned with a shampooing...it was just never done. Made it a bit uncomfortable since I felt like I had to have shoes on at all times.

The building was definitely showing it's age as the plumbing was shotty. I will say, I was pleasantly surprised to find a small refrigerator in the room as well as a humidifier since my skin was falling off my face.

The location was fair...close to things (though not many were in open-season yet) but not close enough to walk. We did visit the Aria spa to get our first massages ever. I was able to get the one that was included in our package changed from a custom to a prenatal. The first part was great, but then came the second part when I had to lay on my back (something a pregnant lady is NOT supposed to do), I got very ill. Needless to say, the massage effects were gone before I had a chance to enjoy them. Also, when my husband left a tip, the girl overcharged us by $20, which was more of a frustration than anything.

Not sure I would return to this particular location, but it served the purpose needed at a fair price.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Vail Cascade Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!