“Beaver Creek spring break” 1 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #14 of 55 things to do in Vail
Activities: Skiing
More attraction details
Owner description: Center for cross-country ski rentals, trails and for snowshoeing equipment.
texas
“Beaver Creek spring break”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2008

My children attended ski school during spring break in March. I have to agree with the previous reviewer. It was way too crowded. Long lines of children trudging along. It was especially sad to see the little 3 year olds crying for mommy. It was chaos dropping kids off. You had to go through a gauntlet of "helpers" directing you to the line.

My daughters didn't want to go back after the first day. On the second day, my one daughter figured out her trick of saying her tummy hurt and that way she got to stay inside all afternoon. That was a very expensive tummy ache. She was fine when I picked her up. As a result, she didn't learn a thing.

I think the instructors were really good but they were just overloaded. I couldn't believe the size of the classes with only 1 instructor and no helpers. They should have increased their staff. We made reservations way in advance so they should have anticipated the volume.

Bottom line, beware for peak times.

rather be in Colorado
“Baby sitting not a school”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2008

I put my older children who are level 8 skiers in ski school at Beaver Creek. I was hoping to help them improve, but all I got was a day of on mountain babysitting for $290.00. My 14 & 11 year old do not need a baby sitter on a ski mountain. They were placed in a class of 11!! That means one instructor is collecting over $1500 a day in fees for the resort. All of the kids were not on the same level. I put my three year old in a half day class. When I came to watch, I saw a long line of kids. I was told by one parent that the line was 45 minutes long from the time the child skied down the little hill until they got back on the magic carpet to go up again. Granted this is Spring break week, but Beaver Creek should put a limit on how many children they accept into ski school so the children get the attention they deserve and are paying for. Many of the young children in line were crying and I saw one tiny girl fall over asleep while waiting in line. I figure I paid about $30 a run (the run is 30 feet long) for my daughter's class. Now that is some expensive skiing.

phoenix, Arizona
“Best Instructors”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2008

I can’t say enough our three awesome instructors, named Natalie, Tony and Chippa. We all found it lukewarm interesting, that the ski school hires instructors from all over the world. We had Chippa who is from Australia, Natalie who is from Minnesota and Tony who is from Colorado.

The ski school’s manager, Mr. Greg Willis likes comments about his instructors. I wrote a nice letter to him a couple of days ago in regards of Natalie, Tony and Chippa.

Natalie is through the ski school’s awesome adaptive program. She is funny and serious.

Also, the instructors prefer to take the kids over to Beaver Creek Village because they think that it is much easier to teach the kids how to ski.

The instructors were encouraging when the Eaton/Vance kids fell in the snow.

Colorado
“Pathetic service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2007

My child participated in Beaver Creek Ski School the other day and luke warm chicken noodle soup was served. The HIGH dollar program could spend a few cents more in providing a nourishing meal for their students. My child was hungry when I picked her up and the excuse was that " We don't decide what is served". The instructors and greeters were the only saving grace with the service here.

A TripAdvisor Member
“Happy as a Beaver!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2006

Thanks to Ron, I had an incredible time skiing for the first time. He kicked my butt for three days and that's exactly what I needed. I had a blast going down the blue slopes on the next 2 days!