“What a cool place!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Black Cat Bed and Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Twin Lakes
Black Cat Bed and Breakfast
Save Saved
You added Black Cat Bed and Breakfast to your Saves list
250 Reva Ridge Road, Twin Lakes, CO 81251   |
Ranked #2 of 4 Twin Lakes B&B and Inns
Denver
“What a cool place!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2008

Lovely, cute, comfortable, modern, designed with all the thoughtful little touches you want in a place you stay in. The Black Cat B&B is on a mountain side, looking out over Twin Lakes towards Mt. Elbert and Independence Pass. There are houses nearby, not close (the equivalent of four or five city blocks away) but you can't see any of them from your room. It's as if you have the valley to yourself. An absolutely perfect view, and so private, we slept with the curtains open in the moonlight, and woke a to beautiful sunrise at dawn. The decor is cat themed, but not overdone or tacky, as sometimes happens with B&B's. It was original and charming. Our bed was very comfortable, and the bathroom very nice with a good sized shower. Every thing is new, and designed to be a guest house. The guest rooms are on the bottom floor and very private, with a separate entrance from the rest of the house. The owner, Ric, was very nice and made us a wonderful sort of baked fruit French toast for breakfast, and served us fresh, good fruit and coffee. Absolutely quiet, except for the wind in the pines.

• Liked — the incomparable,beautiful view and the cute, comfy room.
  • Disliked — No problems.
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
  • Polish first
Bidwell,Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2008

My wife and I have been to Murren, Switzerland twice. I have always thought Yosemite Valley and Murren were the most beautiful places we have seen. Ric's Black Cat B&B has a view from the bedrooms that rivals both these places. Ric was a great host and served a great breakfast along with wonderful conversation. The place is sparkling clean and very comfortable. Be sure to go into the village of Twin Lakes for a meal at "The Inn of the Black Wolf" (reccommended by Ric) for a unique dining experience in one of the truly rustic and commercially unspoiled areas of Colorado. We will soon return to visit with Ric.

• Liked — The view.
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with friends
Montana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2008

I just stayed one quick night as I was passing through town from a business trip. I wanted to break up my drive & use the occasion as an excuse to spend a little time in the mountains. The view from my room really couldn't be any more spectacular. The host, Ric, was very relaxed and welcoming. I mentioned that I was interested in a short evening hike and he was quick to make a suggestion. He also suggested a few restaurants. The hike was perfect-next to the lake & included some history. The dinner, at the Black Wolf, was the perfect setting. I had to get going right after breakfast, but I procrastinated because I was really enjoying the conversation (and I'm not the biggest chatter). The breakfast was gourmet, in my opinion. Delicious! Room was very clean. Bed was comfy. Nice time. Great price.

• Liked — mountain setting
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled solo
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2008

We stayed 3 nights at the Black Cat and had a tremendous time. Ric was a great host and his breakfasts were excellent. The facilities were very clean and comfortable. We look forward to visiting Twin Lakes and the Black Cat again soon.

• Liked — Location and the great views!
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2008

My wife and I stayed with Ric at the Black Cat during the snowy season. Everything we hoped for and more. We are into the less hectic outdoor scene (snowshoeing, xc skiing) and the twin lakes area is amazing.
During our stay, Ric prepared some tasty breakfasts that helped fuel us for our day, for which we were grateful. He even went to town for fresh ingredients; what more could you ask for. The furnishings were comfortable and clean, and the frig and tv were appreciated since we stayed several days.
Anyway you look at it, staying at the Black Cat is truly a bargain vs. staying in some cheezy motel in town. We really couldn't have asked for a better place to stay, or host to stay with.

• Liked — Clean and comfortable
  • Disliked — Can't think of any
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled as a couple
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2007

The Black Cat B&B is in a truly wonderful location. There are pictures on the website that I thought were surely taken at another location, but that is what you see right out the front door. The rooms were clean, bathrooms generous, and there were lots of channels on the TV if you can resist spending time outdoors in the beautiful Rockies. Sometimes the breakfast part of a B&B can be underwhelming, but Rick, the owner, can cook a mean breakfast casserole as well as his famous apple french toast. I would not only stay here again, but I would make Twin Lakes my destination just so I could stay here again. One note on payment....the owner only takes cash or Paypal.

• Liked — Location and view
  • Disliked — No credit card payment
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled as a couple
Dallas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2007

Great B&B.

New residence built as a B&B.

Very private rooms with private entry and Bathroom.

The view is awesome, exactly like the picture on the website (although there is a road at the bottom of the hill, but it is not visible).

Rooms are very comfortable, nice HDTV, bed and pillow were great.

Very clean and brand new.

Rick, the owner is very friendly. His breakfasts were excellent.

He also drove us in his 4X4 to the trail head for Mount Elbert for a small fee.

• Stayed July 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Black Cat Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!