“Was Not Welcome At All” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 10 Hotels in Trinidad
Gunnison, Colorado
“Was Not Welcome At All”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

I booked my room through Hotwire. The front desk lady (Amanda) was very rude, embarrassed me in front of another guest checking in, told me to, "go away, I don't care about you. . ." and put out a very threatening demeanor . . .all because I asked a question about the restaurant next door which is closed. The desk manager that evening was nicer, and I asked him to get me a beer while I sat at the hot tub because I was not welcome in the hotel bar because Amanda from the front desk was too busy flirting with the men in there, and I was uncomfortable going in there from a hard day at work. Finally, the breakfast room in the morning was ice cold, the kitchen lady came off mean & unhappy, and didn't leave out syrup for waffles. I had to go into the kitchen to get it. Never again. I will take my money elsewhere, and be sure that my friends and family do not stay here.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013 via mobile

I travel from Texas to Colorado about once a month and decided to stop at this hotel for the night. From check-in to check-out everthing was great. The staff was friendly. The room was very comfortable and the price was right. I highly recommend the Quality Inn -Trinidad Co. James Dennis

• Stayed October 2013
Albuquerque, New Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013 via mobile

Stayed two nights at the a Quality Inn, it's located off the Starkville exit at the Colorado side of Raton Pass. The rooms were clean and quite. The rate included a breakfast buffet with scrambled eggs, sausages, biscuits and gravy, waffle maker, cereals, bagels breads, Danish, coffee, tea and juices. The parking lot is large and well illuminated. The rate was a value too. The lobby is large and the indoor swimming pool is in the lobby. A bar is available in the evening. I would stay there again.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Dallas, TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

We have stayed here several times in the past 15 years and it has never disappointed. Our room was very clean and the bed was comfortable. The staff is friendly and helpful. The king suite was VERY big and was priced lower than you would think such a room would cost. We will stay here and again and again.

Room Tip: Definitely get a room at the back of the motel. The mountain view is gorgeous.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

At first I was surprised that I pulled up to the new Quality Inn which was actually the old remodeled Quality Inn. I was not looking forward to it but I picked it on price. Well, I was pleasantly surprised.
The rooms were BIG and clean. They have a nice little bar with a deck for smokers. It was all very good. I arrived late and the bar was closed however the manager insisted on getting me some beers so he went in and got three for me and they were cold. Sat on the deck, smoked a cigarette and enjoyed a couple brews. The morning breakfast was good.
This is a good stopping point for me on my travels between Texas and Colorado and I will choose this one again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Dallas, TX
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

We stayed here on our way from Texas to Colorado Springs. Town is nice and enjoyed our dinner at Bella Luna Pizzaria on Main Street. The parking lot at Quality Inn was empty when we arrived however the Holiday Inn across the highway and La Quinta down the road were both full of cars. We should have taken that as our first clue. Hotel lobby smells strongly of chlorine. Rooms are very dated- musty odor, peeling wallpaper, etc. but bed was suprisingly comfortable and shower was nice. Layout of hotel is odd like it used to be full service and was converted down to limited service. Several parts of the hotel were closed down which gave the hotel an eerie feel. Small breakfast area sectioned off for the buffet. Food was decent but room was dimly lit. No one seemed too concerned that we were eating in the dark. We woke up early and left as soon as we could. I will not stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Texas Gulf Coast, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

We checked in after traveling 13 hrs. from S.E.Texas, just needed a good nights sleep. Check-in was fast with 4 couples at one time. Our room was clean, quite & bed was comfortable.

Did not use pool or even look at it. The chlorine smell will knock you over when you enter the lobby.
We were pulling trailers loaded with side-by-sides. Had amply room in well lite parking lot.

Breakfast was the usual, nothing any better or worse than any other Hotel offering Free Breakfast. We departed in every early the next morning.
Yes, was way over priced. But after traveling for that many hrs we where to tired to shop around.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Quality Inn Trinidad? Share your experiences!