“OMG.......WHAT A PLACE TO STAY...............” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Trail's End Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Trinidad
Trail's End Motel
Save Saved
You added Trail's End Motel to your Saves list
616 East Main Street, Trinidad, CO 81082   |
Ranked #6 of 10 hotels in Trinidad
NEW MEXICO
“OMG.......WHAT A PLACE TO STAY...............”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2010

I Just loved staying in this room. I was there on a business trip and needed a nice quiet place to sleep. I needed at least 5-6 hours of sleep so that I could attend my meeting at
the Trinidad State Nursing Home. I was pleased to know I slept 8 hours that night , so close to being at home. Renee went out of her way to help me that night. The room was so clean and VERY quiet...Really nice place to stay. The price was even better. I will always stay here when I am in Trinidad Colorado.....

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business

44 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Albuquerque, New Mexico
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2010

This was one of the worst experiences I've ever had at a motel or hotel. For the price, about $50, I wasn't expecting much though I definately expected a little common courtesy from the owner. I've stayed at this property before and thought it was good enough, but never that nice. I live in New Mexico and my boyfriend is in Colorado so we meet in the middle in Trinidad and have been on several occassions accused by the owner of just coming to their motel to "party" even though both of our id's clearly state that we are from out of town. The last time I stayed at their hotel I got a cut and used one of the towels to stop the bleeding. Knowing that it is a biohazard to leave a bloody towel around I placed it in their trash can so the housekeeper would not have to touch it. This time when we came to check in the owner told us she wanted us "black listed" from the property because we "trashed the room" because I threw away the bloody hand towel. She also proceeded to tell us how long it took to get the stains out of the towel. If she's reusing a bloody towel what other things is she exposing her guests to? Gross! Then she tried to accuse us of smoking in the room. Neither of us are smokers. We decided to stay anyway because we were both tired and didn't want to have to go find another place to stay. The following morning they started calling our room BEFORE checkout time to make sure we were leaving. Our treatment in this motel has not only ensured that I will never stay there again but has soured me on going back to Trinidad at all.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
Eugene, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2009

Arriving in Trinidad at 6:30 p.m. after a 23-hour Amtrak ride from Los Angeles, I wanted downtown lodging within walking distance from the train station, not a freeway interchange location. Trail's End Motel met this requirement, being about nine blocks away, but only four blocks from where I would rent a car the next morning. Nothing fancy, just clean, quiet lodging for one night, with a good cafe two doors away. I paid $49.40 for one bed for one night before heading to my convention in Colorado Springs, about two hours away. I would stay here again.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
Arvada Co
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2009

The motel was probably built in the 60s(?) so do not expect a place to stay that is full of modern technology although we did have a small refrigerator, a microwave, cable TV & free Wi-fi. What makes this place “More than a Motel” is the owners, I got the impression that they had welcomed us into their home, they were very KIND, Bud, Jim & Renee made their motel the type of place that will cause me to look for a reason to stay overnight in Trinidad. Thanks Jim & Renee!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Boulder, CO
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2009

For our one night stopover in Trinidad, this motel was perfect. Room was clean, with some homemade western style furniture, and the bathroom was recently remodeled. It was much nicer than other places we have stayed in Trinidad, and the staff was very friendly. And, a great bargain at $49!

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
Traveling constantly
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2009

I stopped here looking for a overnight stay but found that I felt so much at home I extended for a few days! The owners Jim and Renee were so nice they invited me to a benefit being held for a child that had been injured and I had a wonderful time at that. If you are looking for peace and quiet and the room to do your own thing the Trails End is for you.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled solo
Denver
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2008

I was passing through Trinidad on the way to a family visit and was looking for an inexpensive place that would allow a dog. Trail's End was at the east end of ugly downtown Trinidad. It's an old-style motel. The room I got was on the end near the road. When I opened the door I was assaulted by the unlovely smell of full-strength Pinesol. The room had not been updated since probably the early '70s and the bathroom had torn up linoleum on the floor, peeling/cracking stucco stuff on the walls and not-hot water. Bed linens were on the threadbare side, bed was saggy, chair was some kind of strange overstuffed creature that took up 1/4 of the room and looked too scary to sit in (I'm thinking flea heaven). The Pinesol smell never did dissipate. I left before dawn.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — the overwhelming PInesol smell
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Trail's End Motel? Share your experiences!