“A dump” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Tower 64 Motel & RV

You added Tower 64 Motel & RV to your Saves list
Tower 64 Motel & RV
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   10301 Santa Fe Trail Drive, I-25, Exit 11, Trinidad, CO 81082 (Formerly Budget Host Derrick Motel)   |
Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Trinidad
“A dump”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

After checking 3 different rooms with filthy tubs and torn unclean carpet and tiny old tv's with who knows what smeared on the screens we settled for a "deluxe" room for about $60 that had 2 queen beds and large flat screen tv, a cleaner bathroom but dirty carpet, and bed stand with rings of old sticky drinks. The clerk didn't understand English very well so communicating was difficult.

Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2015

We got there late Friday night, and was put in a filthy room with no heat. Then we get another room the next night, it wasn't as dirty, the only positive thing I could say is it's 420 friendly. The place is ran down.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Prior Lake, Minnesota
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2015

I booked this motel based on the reviews I read. When I got into my room I thought I must have read reviews for a different motel. I didn't expect what I found so I obviously was NOT in a refurbished room. The carpet had so many stains I didn't want to walk on it barefooted, the mirror in the room was so dirty it didn't seem it hadn't been cleaned in a long time. The bathroom mirror wasn't cleaned well. The bathroom floor looked dirty but it was just worn and the bath mat is literally made of paper. There were four lamps in the room and only two of them were functional, one bulb was missing the other burnt out. The fan in the bathroom is very loud and no option to turn it off. The fridge was a very small one and some rust inside. The furniture is worn and the dresser drawer is broken. The pillows were too thin so I used my own. On the positive side it is very quiet location wise. It served my purpose as I was just passing through but I wouldn't stay here again.

Room Tip: Room 37 is not updated.
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled solo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2015

This is a friendly hotel. They seem to be pet and marijuana friendly. Rooms are average for the price. No coffee pots, phones, or hair dryers in room. Good for the budget traveler just needing to crash for the night. They also own a dispensary in town and give you a small discount for staying there.

Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
Colorado Springs, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2015

this is the place to go ! we stayed one night in this 420 friendly motel and couldn't have made a better choice. the staff was nice and very helpful, gave us great advice on where to go and things you can do around the area. the property does need some upgrades but you get the best you can imagine for the money you pay.

very recommended, we'll definitely come back again !

Room Tip: Great view on the upper floors!
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled with friends
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2015

Nice and inexpensive place to stay for a night or a week. Close to the highway and an easy drive to town. Pet friendly and a safe area to walk the dog. Herb friendly inside and outside. Beautiful sunset. Helpful staff.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled solo
Colorado Springs, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2015

I stayed at the Tower during a recent visit to Trinidad and really enjoyed it. The rooms are decently priced and the staff friendly. Most importantly, the establishment is friendly to Amendment 64 rights which fosters a positive community. Check it out and enjoy!

• Stayed February 2015, traveled on business

Been to Tower 64 Motel & RV? Share your experiences!