“If you like rudeness, then this is the place for you!!!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Ute Mountain Casino Hotel

Ute Mountain Casino Hotel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Towaoc
Ute Mountain Casino Hotel
You added Ute Mountain Casino Hotel to your Saves list
3 Weeminuchie Dr, Towaoc, CO 81334   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Towaoc
Montrose, Colorado
“If you like rudeness, then this is the place for you!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2010

Well, we actually planned a day trip to the four corners, but 18 miles from the monument they had the first sign that stated it closed. Therefore, to avoid a wasted long trip, we decided to stop at the casino. As we approached the front doors, there was a sign that stated "No one under the age of 18 allowed beyond this point unless accompanied by an adult." I planned on gambling, while my wife just held our 8 month old daughter. As soon as we opened the door, the smoke was overwhelming. I went in to find the non-smoking section and after I found the tiny room I went to get the rest of the family. As we started to enter this section a fifteen year old looking rent a cop stated my daughter was not allowed. I then pointed to the sign that was in the middle of the entry way to the smoking section of the casino that stated the above. The rent a cop stated "that means allowed on the property, but not on the gaming floor." I then stated well, beyond that point is the gaming floor and I didn't get a response. So, my wife had to go sit out in the vehicle with our daugther, while I gambled. After, cutting my way through the smoke, I found a game to play. As I played I had several rent a cops walk past me and finally one of them came up and rudely asked to see my ID. After that I left and during my experience, I was never greeted or smiled at. The employees all seemed to have a chip on their shoulder. Oh and the smoke is very strong still in the hotel section of this rat hole. I can onl imagine that the food also tastes like smoke. I would not recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Cochrane, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2009

My husband and I decided to stay here as it is so close to Mesa Verde and the price quoted was reasonable. When we arrived to check in I was directed to get a players card to receive the quoted rate. Sent thru the casino (actually told " to just go that way") to wait in line for 30 minutes to get a card only to get back and be told by another checkin agent they were not offering that promotion on that weekend. I got quoted rate only after very strongly suggesting to the agent she recheck her information. I found all the staff in the casino, store and hotel extremely rude. Supper was not great, and overpriced. The only good thing was the room which was very clean and spacious. It could just be that after the terrible service I was not expecting much so I was pleasantly suprised. Lobby and outside area is very busy and loud with music blaring from loud speakers. Won lots at the Casino but beware....they take 30% and I had to wait 1 hour and 45 mins to get my jackpot. payout....very unprofessional. I would definitly choose another hotel in the area

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Elgin Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2008

My wife and i stayed here on sept,24th of 2006. We got a king hot tub suit.Our main reason for this choice was the central location to the 4 corner area attractions . such as monument valley,mesa verde,and the san juan skyway.The rate we paid was 80.00 per night for 3 nights.

The room-- had alot of space including a seperate sitting area with tv.A sleeping area,and the bath/tub area. a small hallway with closet on one side and a fridge/micowave on the other. robes in the closet with iron/board lots of spreading out room. the bed was comfortable the lighting was well apointed and the temperature control was easy to use. also had coffie maker hair dryer. the maid service was standard . check in /out normal.

The hotel--- we did not use any of the rest to comment.

The buffet--- This is the thing to avoid they need some help here!!!

The casino--- again did not use.

overall-- i loved the room ,the hot tub (use every night). For the price of a standard room at another hotel we got suit . so if your looking just for a good price on nice room. this is the place.

• Liked — The room size (for a suit)
  • Disliked — The food here is not good at all.
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Fortaleza, CE
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2007

For $66 (would have been $62 if I had found my AARP card, but they would not or could not let me print out my card from the Internet), the room was very modern and nice except for one stain on the carpeting. Better price than what I found on the Web sites of hotels in nearby Cortez. Casino was pretty small and basic. Only dining options in the hotel were a fast-food counter (closed when I got there) and a dinner buffet, from which my wife got ill (I got a hot dog at the truck stop next door). Only option for breakfast was a buffet, so we ate in Cortez. I would not go out of my way to stay at this hotel, but as a place to sleep it was fine. I would not take a chance on the restaurant, however.

Stayed October 2007
mcallen
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2007

Twice a year our family goes on a trip and we always stay at UTE mountain. The Casino is not that great and we ALWAYS lose. Front desk is usually friendly and the rooms have always been clean. The view is beautiful BUT staff is not courteous what so ever. My complaint is especially with housekeeping. They were rude and tried to refuse extra towels. That is ridiculous. Also, I accidentaly forgot my sprint internet connection card in my room. I called asking for it becuase I was positive I left it there and they claimed to not have seen it. When I was discussing this with this lady she started babbling about it being my fault and acted very unprofessional. She acted like a high school brat. UTE mountain staff and their total disregard of the client has lost our business for sure. We decided to take our money else where, I would suggest everyone else to do the same. I am not generalizing, we are basing our decision on multiple occurences. Sorry, but I do NOT reccomend this place. Oh and the food is not impressive.

Stayed August 2007
Scottsdale
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2007

On the positive side,the guest registration counter is easily located just inside the main entrance. On the negative side, the smoke from the casino is overwhelming. I had been quoted one price, but upon arrival, a higher price was on the paperwork. I mentioned that Kirby had quoted the lower price, but learned that he was on break. I had booked a mini-suite, supposedly with jacuzzi tub, etc. When I got to the room, there was no jacuzzi tub, no refrigerator. When these were mentioned, there was no adjustment in price or change of room.
The room was spacious, I can't say too much more in favor of staying there again. There must have been a power failure recently, since the clock radio and microwave needed to be set. The room had a safe to put valuables, in case it was broken into, but the safe is just a small portable, that is sitting in the closet.They might want to bolt that down!
Also, if you have your air conditioning on, the noise from it cycling on and off during the night was enough to wake us up. When we were awake, you had to adjust TV volume every time it cycled. Checkout was OK, and Kirby was there to authorize the correct rate.
Food in the restaurant was nothing special, the buffett was not restocked or clean. Looks like it had been sitting for a long time. Service sucked! No asking to refill water, tea. When you got your food, you also got your check. Server was gone after that.
Overall impression was to not stay there again!!WOULD NOT RECOMMEND.

• Liked — LEAVING
  • Disliked — BAD VALUE
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
San Francisco
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2007

An interesting and enjoyable hotel. By getting a player's card from the casino we were able to get a very nice non-smoking room for not much more than half what we are accustomed to paying.
They have a small buffet in the hotel, which while less fancy than a big place in Las Vegas, was very satisfactory. We enjoyed our stay and would recommend it to anyone.

• Liked — excellent value
  • Disliked — cigarettte smoke in casino, but this is to be expected
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Ute Mountain Casino Hotel? Share your experiences!