“herding cattle” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Mermaids Dive Center Pattaya

Mermaids Dive Center Pattaya
315/166-167 Moo 12,Thappraya Road | Pattaya, Jomtien Beach, Pattaya 20150, Thailand
+66 (0)38 303 333
Website
Improve this listing
4.5 of 5 stars 38 Reviews
Type: Water sports, Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: Do you want to experience scuba diving for the first time? If you are not a certified diver or never tried diving before sign up for our “Discover Scuba Diving!” program. You do not need swimming skills to complete this experience. All Discover Scuba Diving programs are conducted by Professional PADI Instructors.Join us on the boat for a fun filled snorkeling day or day of diving.We will collect you from your Pattaya or Jomtien Hotel between 8.00am and 8.15am and transfer you to Mermaids Main Operations Center in Jomtien.
Pocatello, Idaho
6 attraction reviews
“herding cattle”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

Although the shop is well put together, and the people behind the counter are nice, the good vibes end there. They quickly toss some gear at you, and herd you towards the boat. I had not been diving in several years, and asked for a refresher. The sum total was to check my gear, and jump in. NO go over signals or what we would be seeing once under. There was no real guide for my dive, though her was listed as one. He just kind of swam off on his own and once even got stick under some debris. He almost never checked my air, or turned around to see if I was even there.
the next day I went to another shop and had a much better experience, which I also rated.

Visited September 2013

Hong Kong, null, Hong Kong
“Excellent experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

This was the first time for my diving experience. we joined the e-learning open water course which i highly recommended for beginner.

First day, we spent a little time to do a revision quiz for the course. It was easy, so don't worry about it. Then, we were arranged to a pool to learn basic diving technique step by step. It was safe and enjoyable. We spent a half day in pool and able to learn most of the basic skills. We did not speak good english. However, the instructor was patient and was willing to explain it in every details so as to make sure we could dive in open water safely.

In two other days, we dived in boat. The boat was well equipped. The diving environment was great, so many fishes under water and around us. Although we had to perform some diving technique in open water as the couse requested, it only spent us a very short time. So, most of time we could enjoy the view under water.

One thing I must mention was the diving instructor was so experienced which let us relax in the water. As a first open water diver, our most concern was safety. Diving with mermaid, you don't have to worry about it, just enjoy.

After one day in pool and two days in open water, we not only passed the open water course but also enjoyed the under water in Pattaya!

Special thank to our dive instructor Wayne and the assistant instructor Nathan.

Visited September 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Fantastic dive training”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

Diving with Mermaid was a truly amazing time. I received the best training and progressed from rescue diver all the way up to master scuba diver trainer. The variety of diving from reef to wreck gives diving for every diver at every level. The staff at mermaid are great and you'll feel like part of the family from day one which will keep you coming back time and time again.

Visited December 2012
Plymouth, United Kingdom
“Intern and lifelong mermaid”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

I completed my PADI instructors course (6 month internship) with mermaids and have to say the training I received was second to none. The instructors work with you through every step of the course and ensure that you gain enough experience in all areas to make sure you pass that all important final exam. Besides the superb training I met some amazing people and the guys at mermaids become your second family.
I have been back to mermaids many times since completing my course and each time it feels like coming home.
I would highly recommend these guys wether you are going for one off dive while on holiday or training to become a professional. I have dived with many places since and although the viz may be better in other locations you will not beat the professionalism and care you find here.

Visited October 2012
6 attraction reviews
“Top notch, High Standards”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

Did my OWSI Internship here and having dived in several other locations in Europe and the US since I can apprciate the high standards that Mermiads enforce and uphold from a customer service and safety point of view. Mermiads uphold PADI standards to the highest level and are by far the safest company I have ever dived with.

Visited February 2013