“I wish I never stayed here, lying management” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Econo Lodge Thornton - Denver North

Save Saved
You added Econo Lodge Thornton - Denver North to your Saves list
Econo Lodge Thornton - Denver North
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   12101 North Grant Street, Thornton, CO 80233 (Formerly Sleep Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #5 of 6 hotels in Thornton
Columbia, Maryland
“I wish I never stayed here, lying management”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2011

After a long drive we checked in around 5pm. We got to our room and the door was propped open. Housekeeping came a few minutes later and was surprised they put someone in the room. She gave us towels and mentioned that they just replaced the AC unit.
We showered and left to Denver for dinner and exploring the city. We came back around 11pm to get some sleep before our flight home the next day. The AC was on high the entire time we were gone but it was still extremely hot in the room. The daytime temps were in the 90's and we were on the 4th floor. The front desk sent a maintenance guy up at 12:30am and he determined the AC unit was bad. They said they couldn't move us to another room and there were no other hotels available in the area. The manager came up around 1am and agreed it was hot in the room and said he was sweating after 3 minutes being there.
He went to the store to purchase two fans to try to make it more comfortable. He agreed to call Expedia the following day to get us a refund.
I waited a few days and finally called Expedia to make sure it was taken care of. Expedia support called him and he denied ever saying this. He told Expedia since we stayed there they had to charge us the full amount.
We had a terrible stay there and the management was unwilling to do the right thing and refund our money. If he couldn't do it he shouldn't have told us he would.

Room Tip: go somewhere else
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple

52 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Bradenton, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2011

I checked into the hotel and everything was O.K. the first night. I Ieft the hotel the next day intending to give the maid time to clean my room. I informed the front desk I was leaving and the maid could clean the room. I came back back 3 1/2 hours later. When I got back my room key would not work, the owners son swiped the wrong room # on the replacement key, but luckily the front desk clerk caught it before I went back up to the 4th floor.The owners son thought it was a joke and was laughing. When I got to the room, it had not been cleaned, but worse of all the air conditioning was not working in my room and the rest of the hotel was very warm also because either the air worked very little or the owner was trying to save money. I say this because they offer a very very small continental breakfast offering and a community margarine bowl. Loke all the guest are one big family. It's onthind seeing toast crumbs of my family, but I do not fine it appetizing pushing my knife into a bowl to get margarine with "mysterious" peoples bread crumbs in it. (keep in mind I stay in hotels on business 340 days a year). It was 98 degrees that day outside. Needless to say my room was an oven. Probably 105-110 degrees or more I would guestimate. The owner told me to wait and he would send someone up to fix the air conditioner. Fifteen minutes later I went downstairs and voiced my complaint. The owners son thought it was humorous, however I did not. Whereupon the owner got involved and I asked if I could switch rooms. He told me that no rooms were cleaned yet. Yet this was at 2:30 in the afternoon ? (checkout at the hotel 11 a.m.) And the made was knocking at doors at my level at 8:30 a.m. to see which guests had left so she could clean their rooms.
I asked the owner that since the room had not been cleaned and I had been out of the room since 11 am if I could get a refund and not stay a second night. The owner said I could not and if I chose to leave he would not refund my money. He told me at one point to go back up to my room and wait for the guy to fix the air conditioner. I said, "what? Are you ordering me to my room? He aid yes, you just go!" I am a fifty year old woman and could not belleive this guy was ordering me to my HOT room like I was a 6 year old. I told him I would go out for an hour and that whould give them enough time to fix the issues. Again the owners son smirked like the spoiled rotten child he was (he was 16 years old at best) I
went over to the RAMADA across the street to kill the time and enjoyed their cool air conditioned lobby. I spent (3) 20 minute phone calls and talked to two custoner service people and 1 supervisor only to be told by the people at the corporate 800# that the only thing I could gdo was I could file a complaint only after I checked out of the hotel and no one would give me a refund and once I filed the complaint at corporate, it would be sent on to the owner for a response. And\, "He would decide what to do about the situation. WHY i ASKED HER SHOULD i EVEN CALL BACK AFTER i CHECKED OUT TO EVEN FILE A COMPLAINT IF IT WAS ONLY GOING TO GO IN A LOOP? No wonder the owner did not care, and ordered me to my room like I was in some 3rd world country. I was a paying guest and only expected the basics. Nothing fancy, just a reasonable request. I DECIDED TO CHECK INTO THE RAMADA. I will be staying in the area every weekend in the future due to business, but it will never be at the Sleep Inn. I went back to the sleep in and checked out and I paid foe two htel rooms only to sleep in one!!! I told the owner to take my $ and what he could do with it on my way out. I hope by typing this review, it will hurt his revenue in the future. He may get my $ for one night , but he will probably lose more of his in the future. I truly call this experience to put in old school terms a TOTAL RIP OFF. I hope he spendsmy 80 bucks on a great Dinner for himself and chokes on it.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business

Travelers are raving about these Thornton hotels

3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2011

Question: how do you drive a new BMW? Buy a Sleep inn and run it into the ground. This place is full because of choice hotels.(.) Choice needs to rough up cheap bums such as these clowns. Staff is busting butt while gym equipment is busted and gym hot as hell. room carpet was dirty -spread had a burn hole in our NS room. For seeing Denver area you cant beat this location.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Colorado
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2011

We paid $78 for one night here and it was not worth the money. The staff were not particularly friendly or helpful. We had to switch rooms because the AC was not working. Our second room was fairly clean, but small and a bit "tired". The breakfast area is tiny and the selection very limited. The location is good for restaurants and stores just a short walk away. There are lots of hotels in the area, so I'd recommened staying somewhere else.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Waldport, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2011 via mobile

If you need an inexpensive room this is fine. Walk to restaurants. Small parking lot.

• Stayed May 2011
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2011

The staff was very hospitable and the room was exceptionally clean (my favorite part of the stay). I was in town for business and was very impressed with the internet speeds at the hotel, it was faster than being at home on my high speed line.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
Thornton, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2011

Had to stay in hotel while semi truck was in the shop. Stayed for 5 days. This is not the fanciest hotel but its nice and clean and they are in process of remodeling. Big rooms and lots of restaurants and grocery stores near by.The thing we were impressed with was the staff. Everyone was so nice and even though busy still stopped to chat with you. Anytime there was any problem they were quick to fix it and with a smile. every shift was like this! Very enjoyable stay. I would defiantly stay here again!!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business

Been to Econo Lodge Thornton - Denver North? Share your experiences!