“Nice Stay but Hidden Costs” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Peaks Resort & Spa

Save Saved
You added Peaks Resort & Spa to your Saves list
Peaks Resort & Spa
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   136 Country Club Dr., PO Box 2702, Telluride, CO 81435   |
Ranked #11 of 18 Hotels in Telluride
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
“Nice Stay but Hidden Costs”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

We wanted to experience one of the towns on the San Juan Skyway, and we chose Telluride because the historic district sounded like a fun place to spend a few hours. I wanted to stay in a ski resort just to see what it was like and so we wound up at The Peaks. Everyone was super nice, but it was pricey for an overnight. Parking and other fees added up. That being said, our room was comfy, with a ginormous bathroom! It was indeed a spa bath. NOTE: The hotel has no air conditioning. We were comfortable enough, but we didn't have much cross breeze in our location in the hotel. It was a little stuffy, even with the ceiling fan. It did enjoy the stay, though. I'm sure it is a great place to be during ski season too. It is in Mountain Village, not Telluride itself, but it is easy to catch the gondola to town.

Room Tip: Probably choose a room with a mountain view for summer. Better ventilation I suspect.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
Telluride, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

I'm so thrilled I experienced the Crave Dining Series event, Sutcliffe Summer Social. I had never tasted the wine collection by Sutcliffe Vineyards (though I have always heard wonderful things about it!) The wine pairings were perfect with the stunning dinner presented by Chef Patrick. Patrick is a youthful & very experienced Chef who sources local ingredients whenever possible. We had a sommelier present the wine pairings & Chef Patrick present each dish. There was a lively group to dine with which made it all the more fun! Palmyra is one of my all time favorite restaurants in Telluride for it's wonderful food, drink, atmosphere & service. The view of the San Juan Mountains makes it all the more fabulous! I will be certainly attending more of these Crave Summer Socials as they come up.

Room Tip: Try to get a mountain view room!
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

Let me start by saying this hotel has NO air conditioning in the rooms-- The evenings were very hot despite having screen door and windows open.The meeting room was very hot.Woodwork is beat up--the hotel is just not kept up well.
Service was fine,staff was friendly and the views/ location are outstanding! The hotel is directly connected to the golf/pro shop so it is very easy for golfers.
Easy walk to Mountain Village and the Gondola to go to Telluride.

Room Tip: Rooms facing golf course have best view.A balcony is a plus.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Boulder, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

Stayed here for business in town - usually like to stay in town but had my dog with me. The hotel staff was extremely accommodating and pleasant. Had a really good time. The spa fee daily is a little pricey and I hate extras but the facilities were really amazing. Very dog friendly but not at the expense of people or cleanliness.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

I stayed here over a weekend in July. The front desk people were super friendly and helpful. The room was clean and the beds were luxurious! The view at the hotel was breathtaking. The burger and fries special was a great choice when you're hungry for something good and fast. The gondola was easy to find and convenient to get to town. Valet was very accommodating as well. I would recommend this hotel for the overall great experience I had.

Room Tip: The side with the view would be ideal.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Vail
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

We stayed at The Peaks for a wedding over the 4th of July. Overall, we had a great time. The rooms were spacious and the beds were super comfy! I stay in hotels a lot (as I'm in the travel industry) and these beds were the best! I did upgrade my room to a room with a balcony, but I would have preferred to be on the west side, which had amazing views.

We dined in the restaurant and loved the cafe - a great place to pick up a coffee and a quick bite to eat (and reasonably priced). The patio was stunning. We enjoyed having cocktails and watching the sun set every night.

The location of the hotel is good, but it seemed a lot of the shops were closed in the village (kind of surprising since it's the busiest weekend in the summer). Using the gondola was tough at times (two hour wait on Saturday morning due to the crowds trying to get to the parade).

The wedding was great - food was okay. Definitely would go back, although it's a far drive from Denver. Telluride is just spectacular - one of my absolute favorite places in Colorado.

Room Tip: Upgrade to a room on the west side - the views are stunning!
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014 via mobile

We booked this room at the visitor center of the town and they recommended this hotel over many of the others. We were told that parking was included and no resort fee. At check in we learned there is a $24 valet parking and that is the only option and a $25 resort fee. The hotel is generally nice but important details are glanced over. I wish we had known that this hotel is extremely dog friendly and we didn't realize till we checked in and there are dog treats sitting on the counter. Another thing to watch out for is that there is no A/C fine for the winter don't come in the summer. For a 4 star hotel it didn't meet my expectations seeing as that is the same rating the fairmont had. I will not be returning and suggest you don't come there are much better places for the same price.

• Stayed July 2014

Been to Peaks Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!