We stayed at The Peaks for a wedding over the 4th of July. Overall, we had a great time. The rooms were spacious and the beds were super comfy! I stay in hotels a lot (as I'm in the travel industry) and these beds were the best! I did upgrade my room to a room with a balcony, but I would have preferred to be on the west side, which had amazing views.
We dined in the restaurant and loved the cafe - a great place to pick up a coffee and a quick bite to eat (and reasonably priced). The patio was stunning. We enjoyed having cocktails and watching the sun set every night.
The location of the hotel is good, but it seemed a lot of the shops were closed in the village (kind of surprising since it's the busiest weekend in the summer). Using the gondola was tough at times (two hour wait on Saturday morning due to the crowds trying to get to the parade).
The wedding was great - food was okay. Definitely would go back, although it's a far drive from Denver. Telluride is just spectacular - one of my absolute favorite places in Colorado.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Offers a children's day spa as well as an indoor pool with water slide. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, TravelClick, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Booking.com and Tingo so you can book your Peaks Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Peaks Resort And Spa
- Peaks Hotel Telluride
- The Peaks Hotel Golden Door
- The Peaks Resort Golden Door
- Telluride Peaks Resort