While a bit of a challenge to find in the dark, the Peaks Resort offered attractive, well appointed rooms and good service.
The aspens were in full golden glory with a dusting of snow on the mountains when I visited, so what's not to like. Views from the Peaks Resort were enough to keep one lingering on the balcony with a second cup of coffee for an extra -long morning respite.
The staff was geared to process guests quickly and therein lay just a bit of reserve in my recommendation - just a shade too brusk a response from the desk clerk to be truly welcoming, and the wait staff in the restaurant found it easy to ignore a single older female sitting alone on several occasions for refills or other attention.
I'd be happy to return, and would recommend it to my friends who might want to experience the best of Telluride. The ride down the gondola at night to the town was breathtaking and I can't say enough about the appeal of Telluride - especially at this time of year.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Offers a children's day spa as well as an indoor pool with water slide. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Peaks Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Peaks Resort And Spa
- Peaks Hotel Telluride
- The Peaks Hotel Golden Door
- The Peaks Resort Golden Door
- Telluride Peaks Resort