“Has it all!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Peaks Resort & Spa

You added Peaks Resort & Spa to your Saves list
Peaks Resort & Spa
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   136 Country Club Dr., PO Box 2702, Telluride, CO 81435   |
Ranked #11 of 18 Hotels in Telluride
Gunnison, Colorado
“Has it all!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

I visited the Peaks for two nights on a work trip and I will definitely return again. The staff was very helpful and courteous and the accomodations were fantasttic. On my return, I will give myself more time to just enjoy the spa, hotel amenities and surrounding trails. I did use the large gym one morning which exceeded all expectations of a hotel gym. I also spent a morning enjoying the steam room in the spa. One negative I have is that all of the tile grout needs a thorough cleaning. This is true for the room as well as the spa area. I recommend a room with a west view and balcony. There is no AC so if you are visiting the Peaks in warmer months call ahead and have a member of the staff open your room windows and turn on the ceiling fan. Some rooms are quite far from the elevators so if that is a problem for anyone in your party call ahead and request a room closer to the elevators.

Room Tip: Again a West facing view, a little closer to elevators is recommended! No AC so south-facing rooms...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
dciani, General Manager at Peaks Resort & Spa, responded to this review, February 22, 2014
Dear GunniMom,
Thank you for your review and the helpful tips for our other guests. I am glad to know that you found our staff helpful and friendly and fully enjoyed your stay. I agree that its time for new tile and the management and ownership is constantly working to make improvements and upgrades to our facility. We recently just completed a full remodel of the steam rooms in the spa and have plans for the showers as well. I can't wait for you to return and see the improvements. Remember to contact us directly the next time your visit for special return offers. We look forward to seeing you back again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

This is an excellent hotel with great staff/service, Easy access to gondola. Town of Telluride is filled with store keepers who are very nice and helpful. Hotel and surrounding area feels very safe, even at night, and is very clean. Only negative thing is that there are absolutely no vending machines....very hard for my husband who is a Diet Coke addict lol. Had to get to the bar before they closed.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear kisses2004,
Thank you for your great review. I am happy to learn that you fully enjoyed your stay, our resort, the friendly and service oriented staff as well as the incredibly beautiful, safe, and welcoming town. Telluride is truly a special place to live and visit. I'm pleased to inform you that we have installed a vending machine adjacent to our Game Room and that we are planning to put a second one in to offer more late night options and conveniences for our guests and we really appreciate your comments. Thanks again!
Rio Rancho, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

Arrived for single night during the off season. I loved the staff, who remembered our names as well as our pup's, and greeted us whenever they saw us in the hotel. Room was very comfortable, shower was GREAT! I am just surprised they did not offer a dog bowl for water in the room. Many places we stay and let them know in advance about our dog coming with us will provide a dish for water.

My only problem was the restaurant, Palmyra. Limited menu choices, prices that would make you think you would be getting very nice preparation, but instead was either over-seasoned or over-done and there wasn't any substitutions for dietary requests. If it wasn't snowing in September, we would have left and gone to another restaurant down the hill.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Dear NMFireHorse,
Thank you for your review! I am thrilled to hear that you loved the resort and bring your dog along. We are very dog friendly at the Peaks and the entire town of Telluride is too. I am pleased to inform you that we have a new pet pampering program where our four legged guests receive their own bed, bowl, and welcome amenity with a special treat. We also have our newly opened Dog Spaw, Soggy Dog, which specialized in dog treatments, grooming, and day care. Next time you come back please contact me directly so we can ensure your pet gets a luxury experience just like our people guests and we can introduce you to our new menu and Chef which has been getting rave reviews. Thanks again for your patronage and feedback!
Centennial, Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

Booked three nights at this so called resort and spa because my girlfriend stayed there in the 90's and just loved it. She even requested the same room overlooking the golf course which we managed to reserve. Upon arrival, we could immediately see that the place had gone completely down hill. For starters, there were obvious and easily repairable damage to drywall and paint throughout the building, major damage to the wood inside the elevators, but what was most disturbing was the total lack of simple maintenance and cleanliness such as brass elevator doors and brass door fixtures that had not been polished in months, filthy finger prints all over the floor to ceiling windows in the Palmyra restaurant, which promotes its signature view of the mountains if you don't mind looking through dirt. Our balcony railing overlooking the golf course and mountains was covered with a thoroughly filthy and worn out piece of plexiglass that totally blocked our view when we sat down and the list just goes on. The granite bar top at the Palmyra is in total disrepair and needs to be replaced, as are the broken drawers, etc behind the bar. As a former construction manager, I can assure you that a couple of weeks of simple maintenance, touch up, cleaning and repairs would improve this property 100 %, but it obvious that hotel management is blind to these problems.
Secondly, the food at the Palmyra was truly second rate. We ordered the lamb t-bone special which turned to be two totally tough lamb chops with some mediocre side dishes which were about as appetizing as the view through the dirty windows. The complimentary breakfast consisted of scrambled eggs and so called fried potatoes that tasted like they were left over from the day before and bacon and sausage floating in grease.
The bed in our room was very comfortable, the was room reasonably clean except for the mold growing in the shower, which is easy to resolve if your housekeeping staff knows what they are doing. Our first request after check in was for some ice that was delivered in a filthy finger print covered ice bucket. Second request was for a do not disturb door hanger that was missing from the room. I could continue, but I am becoming exhausted. All I can say is that if you are planning to visit Telluride Mountain Village, avoid this place like the plague.

Room Tip: Just don't stay here.........
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Bud B,
Thank you for taking the time to post your honest review. I am terribly sorry that you feel our property is not up to your standards. By the hundreds of overwhelmingly positive reviews we receive consistently I am shocked to learn that you will never be back. Since you declined my offer to speak in more detail about your experience and the hotel I guess we are just not the right resort option for you. I am glad to hear that we were able to get you into the same room your girlfriend stayed in 20 years ago and you at least appreciated the stunningly beautiful views. We certainly appreciate your patronage and feedback. Our guest's complete satisfaction is our only goal. The offer to discuss your experience in more detail and do what we can to make it right for you is always on the table and I hope you'll contact me soon. 970-728-2509.
Diamond Bar
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

This is a very beautiful place that located inside Mountain Village. Easy access to free gondola service to town of Telluride. Hotel has one of the best spa in the world. It is huge with a saltwater Jacuzzi and many regular Jacuzzi. Staff is helpful but they like to nickel and dime you. While hotel was quite empty, we asked for a better view room but they wanted more money. On top of room fees, the hotel charges $25 to park and $20 resort fee, when you add on taxes extra cost over room fees are about $70 a day.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Richard W,
Thank you for your review. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and our fantastic Spa. Parking is very limited in the mountain village and because of this we only have valet parking services available. We offer these services for $20 per night in the Summer and $24 per night in the winter. Public self parking is available in the village for $25 per night so we feel we offer a great service and convenience to our guests for less than any other option in the village. Our $25 Daily Resort Fee which is listed on our website before purchasing your room, is listed on all reservation confirmations, and listed on our registration forms at check in. We feel this is another example of great value and amenities as the Resort Fee includes complimentary bottled water to stay hydrated at elevation, high speed WiFi, unlimited local, long distance and international calling, unlimited access to our 42,000 sq. ft. Spa, Ski Valet service with Hot Chocolate and Apple Cider in the winter, daily newspapers, complimentary business center and business services. Thank you for your patronage and review and we hope to see you back soon and often!
maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

Booked two double room two nights online at AAA rate. Upon arrival, my husband upgraded to a suite with one-bedroom suite with two bathrooms and a balcony overlooking the town of Telluride and having a beautiful view. There was ample space for my husband, our 17 year old and me and we were initially impressed with the room.
However, it became apparent that night that there was a significant lack of lighting in the bedroom. Although there was a ceiling fan and side reading lights as part of the headboard, there were no overhead lights, so it was almost impossible to see anything in the room especially in the dresser, making it hard to dress and undress.
Moreover, the location of the only window in the bedroom looked out onto another room's balcony at the same level as the window, so there was no possibility of using the natural light either unless you wanted to provide a show to the next door guests. It would be helpful to install ceiling lights in the bedroom and replace the current shades with ones that accordion up instead of down.
Although the bathrooms are capacious, the master shower needed a better scrubbing and the hotel needs to replace its bathrobes or no longer offer them because they are torn and look like rags.
The spa is advertised at the largest in Colorado, but, at least in the swimming pool area changing room there was no area in which one could take a shower privately. Showerheads were available only to rinse off before you entered the pool and were located on either side of an open area-nothing enclosed. I found that annoying when you want to take a real shower after using the pool. My husband and son really enjoyed the pool slide, however, and the pool and hot tub were well-positioned with a great view of the canyon and surrounding mountains.
You are also required to pay for valet parking and for resort use. However, the hours for using the resort offerings are fairly limited in the evening; the pool and hot tub close at 8 PM. Rather early for a resort hotel.
The breakfast buffet was a good value, but did not include cereal, so families might want to order a la carte or buy breakfast at the cafe. The breakfast servers were delightful and very attentive.
If you are going to Telluride for views, do stay in the Mountain Village. The free gondola is easy to access, manned by delightful people, and runs very frequently. Also, it is an ecologically sound way to travel between the village and the town.
If you are more interested in the shops and social scene, a stay in the town would be your better choice.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
dciani, General Manager at Peaks Resort & Spa, responded to this review, February 6, 2014
Dear graftongirl,
Thank you for your review. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and specifically our indoor/outdoor heated pool. We appreciate your comments about the spa, showers, robes, and lighting in the room and have taken this feedback seriously. New robes were purchased since you stayed with us and I am confident you will be impressed by the plushness and quality of our new product. While it is true that there are only public showers to rinse off on the pool level we do have a spacious lounge and locker facility on the main level that has several private showers stocked with bath amenities, robes, slippers and towels. I encourage you to contact me the next time you are planning to return to Telluride so we can show you all the new improvements. Thanks again!
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

First night we stayed August 27, it was so disgusting. Sheets were not changed at all. Dirt and hair all over both bed sheets. Called front desk and they offered to change our sheets. Instead we opted to change it ourselves. To our big surprise we found more blood stains on the inner blanket! Huge mattress stains of some possible body fluid. I am so upset! I'm Still waiting for their assistance. Apparently, no night supervisor on duty, just security. This place is awful, we are definitely not coming back and I would not recommend this place at all to anyone.

• Stayed August 2013
Dear dollynron,
Thank you for your review. Again I am terribly sorry for your experience in the first room upon arrival. As we discussed an error in communication with housekeeping lead us to accidentally check you into a dirty room. Certainly this is a very rare occurrence and abnormal experience for our guests. I really appreciate you taking the time to speak with me and am glad we have been able to make it right for you. While we strive to make sure every guests has the absolutely best experience in these circumstances we will always do whatever is necessary to make it right for our guests! I look forward to the opportunity to bring you back and provide you with a great experience at the Peaks Resort. Thanks again!

Been to Peaks Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!