“Great hotel, great views!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Peaks Resort & Spa

Save Saved
You added Peaks Resort & Spa to your Saves list
Peaks Resort & Spa
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   136 Country Club Dr., PO Box 2702, Telluride, CO 81435   |
Ranked #11 of 18 hotels in Telluride
Kansas City, Missouri, United States
“Great hotel, great views!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013 via mobile

We were here for a wedding, June 6-10th and really enjoyed this hotel! The employees were really nice and the views incredible ! My only complaint, was the Hot room! No air, had to bring in extra fans and when the sun came up, you awoke! No blackout shades! Otherwise, I would stay here again!

• Stayed June 2013
dciani, General Manager at Peaks Resort & Spa, responded to this review, July 25, 2013
Dear Jean W,
Thank you for your review. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and the unbeatable views. The Peaks is located at 9,500 ft. in elevation and usually our warm summer days are in the high 60s and low 70s with afternoon rains that do a great job of keeping it cool and comfortable. However it does occasionally get hot without the afternoon rain and I am sorry that you were bothered by the heat in your room and lack of A/C. We are looking into possibilities of adding air conditioning to our guest rooms and appreciate your time to provide us with this valuable feedback. We hope to see you back soon, and if so please contact us directly to make sure we can provide you our best offer. Thanks again!

261 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Aurora, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

My family of 3 enjoyed a long weekend getaway and found a Groupon deal for The Peaks Resort. We loved our stay. Our room was beautiful, well sized, and very comfortable for our small family. The room was on the 3rd floor directly above the game room so it got quite noisy. Fortunately it closed early enough that by the time we were in the room to sleep it wasn't an issue. The pools and slide were the highlight of the trip for my 12 year old. Great location, close distance to gondola. Can't wait to go back.

• Stayed June 2013
Dear HybredCO,
Thank you for your review. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and found our rooms to be spacious and comfortable for your family of three. The water slide and year round indoor/outdoor pool is always a big hit with the kids. We appreciate you sharing your experience and can't wait to welcome you back!
Golden, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

My husband and I needed to get out of town and due to his recent accident needed a quiet location. We happened to receive a Groupon offer for The Peaks. We typically don't stay at resorts but had a great experience at The Peaks. The staff was super friendly and accommodating. My husband is a "retired" executive chef and we dined twice in the restaurant with great experiences.

Also we were traveling with our dog and The Peaks was very accommodating. Our last evening we dined on the patio with her and finished our evening in the Great Room with her.

Overall I would recommend. The Mountain Village was quiet but that's how we like it. The Gondola ride was a wonderful change to get into town - even with our dog!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
dciani, General Manager at Peaks Resort & Spa, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
Dear pfitz524,
Thank you for your review. I'm thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We are fortunate to have such a warm, welcoming, and caring staff which is what one can expect to find throughout Telluride. Telluride and The Peaks Resort, is also very proud to be pet friendly, We encourage our guests to bring their furry friends with them to enjoy the beautiful mountains as much as we do! I was also very pleased to hear that Chef Patrick Funk and our F&B team could delight your culinary cravings. Thanks again for positng a review and we'll look forward to welcoming you back again!
Phoenix, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

The reviews below explain my frustration. Fire alarms going off constantly, elevators not working, apologetic front desk with no answers, shabby matresses, not enough outlets and a bunch of kids who must of been hungover from the night before managing the place. Next time i visit, I reccomend one of the smaller boutique hotels.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
dciani, General Manager at Peaks Resort & Spa, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Dear Chris G,
I am terribly sorry for the inconvenience you encountered and hope to have the opportunity to speak with you about this in detail. I am certain we can find an appropriate resolution and show you a much different experience in the future. I hope that you will respond to my attempts to contact you and allow us a chance to make up for the fire alarms that severely affected your experience. Best regards,
David Ciani, 970-728-2509
Denver, Colorado
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

Stayed Memorial Day Weekend 2013. 2 out of 3 elevators NOT working. Several electrical outlets in room not working. Booked 'Sunset Vista' room, but couldn't see the sunset. Fire Alarms went off Sunday morning at 7am, Sunday night at 11:30pm, and Monday morning at 6:30am and 7:30am. Felt bad for guests of the Wedding that was hosted there Sunday night. Was looking forward to this stay but left disappointed.

Dear bricta33,
Thank you for your review. Please accept our sincerest apologies for the dissapointing experience you had due to the alarm system. We have made adjustments to ensure this will not occur again and hope to make it up to you during a future visit. Please contact me at anytime to discuss arranging a return trip.
Vail, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

My husband and I were seeking a relaxing get away this Memorial day weekend and decided to splurge on this property in Telluride. The weekend was not at all relaxing - we were literally EXHAUSTED by the time we got home. The property is beautifully situated in the Mountain Village. Be prepared - you take the gondola into town. At this time of year very little by way of shopping and food was open in the Mountain Village which made us very dependent on Peaks. Even when things are in full swing, it did not appear there is that much going on in the Mountain Village. This is not a complaint on our part for this trip - just something for other travelers to consider.

Ok - so where do I begin with issues??

1. THE SCREAMING ALARM: 4 times while we were there a voice YELLED through a speaker in our room telling us to GET OUT while an alarm bell rang. 9:00am, 11:20pm. 6:25am and 7:20am. I mentioned we went to rest and relax right?? Each was a false alarm, that is we did NOT have to evacuate as we were being told to do. The kicker is when we asked about it at the front desk we were told "it is not our fault. it is when they use too much water in Mountain Village our alarm goes off". Ridiculous. I was told by 2 other staff people (not at the front desk) the alarm goes off often and has to do with burst pipes this winter.

2. As others have noted the mattresses need to be updated. the rooms generally are shabby actually - and pretty basic. There are hardly ANY electrical outlets - those that exist are hard to get to. The rooms are just not convienently laid out.

3. Food service - we were at the pool. We saw a family being served lunch. My husband requested menus from the server and inidcated we wanted to eat. Staff inidcated that "they werent sure if it was all set up yet- there was confusion with the hotel." A few minutes later the SAME guy came out with 2 menus and gave them to SOMEONE ELSE. He ignores us and leaves the area. we are starving, my husband heads to the restaurant - I am a bit behind (grabbed my stuff in my locker) I am stopped by the front desk who tell me the restaurant is CLOSED and not serving because of a private party. I ask where we can get food becasue the coffee/snack bar is closed. I am told room service is the only way to eat at 2:00pm (unless we take gondola into town). For 20 minutes I frantically try to locate my hisband - who is AT THE BAR IN THE RESTAURANT EATING. Ok, so I am not a fan of reviews of people who use these types of incidences to make judgment on a property BUT HERE it was that darn front desk - they TOLD ME I COULDNT GO IN to the restaurant!!!! And the guy at the pool - serving some and not others - so irritating. The place is so disorganized.

I have to give a HUGE shout out to the Spa - the reason this got 3 stars from us is solely because of the Spa. Amazingly peaceful - may be the best spa tretament I have ever had. Loved it!!! Accomodating, appropriate, professional - night and day from the hotel. But good enough by its affiliation to earn the property an extra star.

Finally, I would not call this a luxury property - i would categorize this as a wanna be luxury property. Serious service and comfort issues but a GREAT spa.

Dear KAK 1965,

Thank you for your review of the Peaks. Please accept our sincerest apologies for the experience you had to endure with our alarm system. I can assure you that this is a very rare event and had nothing to due with broken pipes or water usage despite the information you may have received. Water pressue changes coming into the building from the town was tripping a sensor causing the alarm. We have been able to identify and adjust the sensor so that this will not happen in the future. I recognize that the wedding function in the hotel the night of your visit led to confusion regarding the food and beverage available to you and we have reviewed with the staff regarding communication to our guests on these rare occasions. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed the spa, our excellent therapists and the many fantasitc amenties it offers. I'll look forward to discussing your experience more and ensuring that we can create a return visit that merits 5 stars.
Colorado Springs, Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

We were at this hotel on a Sunday night in May. At reservation we were not told there was a large wedding there. The restaurant and bar were closed because of the wedding so we could get food/drinks only via room service which is more expensive and includes a service fee and 22% gratuity. This applied to ice as well and the hotel is two miles from town so we could not walk to other restaurants. There was no AC in our room so we had to keep windows open, and the music from the wedding was very good but loud and went until 11 pm. We had just gotten our 5 year old to sleep when the fire alarms went off w/ announcements to vacate the building immediately. We scrambled to get out and noticed we were only ones in the hall. The desk explained there was an engineering problem and this had happened earlier that day. Finally got to sleep after midnight and were awakened by the same alarm at 6:30 am and another a few minutes later. We asked to speak with the manager but he/she was not in and still has not called. For as lovely a hotel as this is, the experience was so disappointing. We can not recommend it.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Dear COF43,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent visit. Please accept our sincerest apologies for the issues you encountered with our alarm system. I can assure you this is not a typical experience and that the alarm was functioning correctly, albeit to alert us of water pressure changes coming into the building which was not cause for evacuation. We have made adjustments to the specific sensor to ensure that this will not happen again. Despite your terrible experience I am glad that you recognize the potential of our lovely hotel without the alarm issues and our wedding buyout the evening of your stay. I will continue to attempt to contact you and please contact me as soon as possible so we can discuss an opportunity to return and have a far different experience.

Been to Peaks Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!