Overall this hotel was great. There were a few things that I didn't like but that is expected with any hotel I think. Let me describe the location: This hotel is in Mountain Village and is built into the slopes. It has a ski valet, which allows you to ski in and ski out at your leisure (they keep your boots warm too!). The hotel requires that you valet your car, which for the location is probably better that way. It is not far from the main village where you can eat, drink, ski and take the gondola to the main town of Telluride. This was our first time to Colorado, ever so we did not have expectations going in. The price of the hotel is a little pricey but with the location is acceptable. Our mattress (king) was very comfortable throughout our stay. The room had a separate shower and tub, the shower head could have been upgraded but the tub was great.
We did not eat at the resort as I felt there was better local food in Telluride. We did not experience the room service, food or cleaners- so I cannot comment on that.
Now onto the Spa- they boast that it is the largest spa in Colorado. From my experience with spa's it was okay. I did not get any service at the spa, just took advantage of the access I had during my stay. The common areas include a lap pool, fitness room, slide, indoor/outdoor pool, indoor hot tub, outdoor hot tub, steam room and sauna. The pool was great, the slide was fun, steam room was nice, but the sauna could be MUCH hotter. There were also separate (men/women) locker rooms with showers and a hot tub. When I entered the spa, there was no attendant at the women's locker room, which was confusing to me. I took a robe and shoes and attempted to learn the locker system- not too hard. After lounging in the pool/hot tub I went to take a shower. The showers were not very clean, used towels and toiletries. I feel they could improve on the cleanliness of the spa. I would also like to see a bar service by the facilities in the winter.
Overall we would stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Offers a children's day spa as well as an indoor pool with water slide. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, TravelClick, Hotels.com, Priceline, Odigeo, BookIt.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Peaks Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Peaks Resort And Spa
- Peaks Hotel Telluride
- The Peaks Hotel Golden Door
- The Peaks Resort Golden Door
- Telluride Peaks Resort