We stayed here the last weekend in September as we were keen to snap some great fall foliage pics. The location is divine. I didn't realize it wasn't in Telluride proper, but it's very close, and there's a gondola that takes you to the top of the mountain, from where you can take another one down the opposite side and into the town.
I think if I hadn't stayed in the Viceroy at Snow Mass the week prior, I would have been slightly more generous on my review. But these two places were very similar in price and style yet Peaks fell short in the room department. Toiletries were basic, bed was a queen size and no frills. Our room had an old school coffee pot with two packets of coffee - one regular and one decaf. After my Nespress dream, gas fireplace and George Neil toiletries, I was mildly bummed. We also had no balcony on our room, which is not what you want when you've got views to die for. It was quiet and clean and fit the bill. And it does have a clock with a docking station for an iPhone.
I would certainly return, but I'd also check out other options first.
Staff were all very pleasant and the lobby is great.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Offers a children's day spa as well as an indoor pool with water slide. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Odigeo and Jetsetter so you can book your Peaks Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Peaks Hotel Telluride
- Peaks Resort And Spa
- The Peaks Hotel Golden Door
- The Peaks Resort Golden Door
- Telluride Peaks Resort