“Views to die for” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Peaks Resort & Spa

You added Peaks Resort & Spa to your Saves list
Peaks Resort & Spa
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   136 Country Club Dr., PO Box 2702, Telluride, CO 81435   |
Ranked #11 of 18 Hotels in Telluride
Europe
“Views to die for”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

We stayed here the last weekend in September as we were keen to snap some great fall foliage pics. The location is divine. I didn't realize it wasn't in Telluride proper, but it's very close, and there's a gondola that takes you to the top of the mountain, from where you can take another one down the opposite side and into the town.
I think if I hadn't stayed in the Viceroy at Snow Mass the week prior, I would have been slightly more generous on my review. But these two places were very similar in price and style yet Peaks fell short in the room department. Toiletries were basic, bed was a queen size and no frills. Our room had an old school coffee pot with two packets of coffee - one regular and one decaf. After my Nespress dream, gas fireplace and George Neil toiletries, I was mildly bummed. We also had no balcony on our room, which is not what you want when you've got views to die for. It was quiet and clean and fit the bill. And it does have a clock with a docking station for an iPhone.
I would certainly return, but I'd also check out other options first.
Staff were all very pleasant and the lobby is great.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
Parker, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here from sept 39-oct 1, 2012 and was quite pleased. I come to Telluride often and stay in Mountain Village, but this was the first time at The Peaks. I got a 2 California king bed room on the 6th floor. Beds were super comfortable and the room was large with a full size bath with separate shower and tub. The resort itself is very nice. The resturant has an outside seating area with the most picturesque view of Mt Wilson one could ask for. I spent quite a bit of time out there. The food was good and priced at the level one would expect at an upscale resort. Try the bacon Mac and cheese and the truffle fries. Tasty!!

I had my two daughters with me (7 and 9) and picked the Peaks specifically for this stay because the indoor/outdoor pool. There is a two story waterside that is super fun for both adults and kids. The only downfall is the pool closes at 8pm. This would be a big downside during ski season as there would really not be a lot of time to hit the pool/hot tubs once you finish with après ski and then dinner.

The service and staff were top notch and the valet very quick. You are within walking distance to the gondola station in Mountain Village as well as many other reaturants and shops. Didn't try the spa during this stay, but I do plan to come back during the winter and try it then.

All around, The Peaks is worth a stay. You won't be disappointed.

• Stayed September 2012
Broomfield
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

My wife and I spent two days at the Peaks Resort and Spa. It was fall color season in Telluride and the trip was WONDERFUL! The staff at the resort was very friendly and professional. The room was larger and more comfortable that I thought it might be. And we got (what I thought was) a good price for our stay. The rate included the (normally overpriced) resort fee and valet parking. Many, many hotels have changed their strategy to stick you with these stupid, almost-hidden resort fees as a way to gaff you as you check out. I was very delighted that the Peaks Resort offered us the Package Price that included everything. If you have never been to Telluride to see the fall colors, you are truely missing something INCREDIBLE! And I would not hesitate to book our next color-show adventure at the Peaks Resort and Spa.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012 via mobile

Was just at the peaks this past week...nice hotel but due to the 'off season' but still open, many amenities closed or scaled back. Minimum staff. Pro: you have a VERY quiet hotel virtually to yourself. Cons: min staffed, only one restaurant open with some food and drink. Was told three times they don't order, so I will make the leap that your food is frozen. Also the place is a ghost town. But the town/hotel on this week has beautiful views of the fall colors and lucky for me snow capped mountains. If u want a getaway that's quiet, nows time to go.

• Stayed September 2012
nc
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

We stayed at The Peaks for 2 nights mid-Sept. No doubt the grounds & views are magnificent. The hotel itself was just beautiful. Our room was spacious & we enjoyed the large deck, We were drawn to Telluride by a great deal on Hotwire UNTIL we got the daily $50+ add-ons, not plain on Hotwire's site; you book first.-very, very deceiving. As a side note, room had several maintenance issues & housekeeping had to be called late in the afternoon to make up room.Telluride is wonderful, but be prepared to pay high prices. Explore the town first.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

I just spent four days at the Peaks Hotel and Spa in Telluride. What a beautiful location! Everyday we watched the valley below, the planes landing at the airport, the large golf course as we ate our breakfast with floor to ceiling windows. The manager was attentive, positive and helpful. The staff were enthuastic. I will go back there in the ski season for sure. Eileen Sanford

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the valley. Higher room would get better view.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Cleveland, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

Stayed at hotel for 4 nights to attend my niece's wedding. Had two adjoining rooms with the kids. AMAZING STAFF, great amenities, Spa and pool were fantastic! Food, (especially the room service burgers) was delicious. Everyone was very friendly and staff went out of their way to accomodate us in every way possible. The town was great, gondolas were fun and the scenery was amazing! Would love to come back in the winter months to enjoy the winter season. The ONLY DRAWBACK was that the rooms don't have air conditioning!!!! And they don't tell you that when you check in, nor do they state it on their website. Naturally you would just expect it from a resort. And of course, it was soooo hot when we were there. I did not sleep well due to the altittude but also the room was so hot at night that it made it worse.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Been to Peaks Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!