The reviews already written are accurate--this is a large condo complex owned by various owners and so each unit is different. We stayed over spring break, which is a very busy time in Telluride. We wanted a location near the lifts, so this seemed good. Also, we got a very good price from Silver Star Luxury Properties. We were able to see pictures of the unit (411) before we rented, and it was exactly as pictured. Very clean, modern, comfortable. Our unit was a 2 bedroom, 2.5 bathroom with loft, but ended up really working more as a 3/2.5. Our teenaged son stayed in the loft which had a TV and full-size bed.
The configuration of our unit was three-story split-level, and from the upper floors, the views were great.
Here are some tips that weren't publicized when I booked, but were very nice amenities:
1. Unit 411 came with two spa bathrobes for each bedroom. If I had known that, I would not have packed my own!
2. Each bedroom has a humidifier available
3. Each bathroom has a full-sized blow dryer
4. The unit has a washer and dryer
5. As others have said, it is a two-minute indoor walk to Clark's grocery, and that is very handy
6. Kleenex, shampoo, lotion, paper towels, and dishwashing soap are all provided
7. There is a ski closet assigned to each unit. Ours also had sleds in it.
Here are a couple of drawbacks that you might want to consider:
1. Parking is very difficult, and not covered or assigned. There is enough, but you might be quite far from your condo. We arrived late Saturday night, and had to hike across the whole complex from our car to our condo. Fortunately, there are breezeways you can pull under for loading and unloading, but it's hard to figure that out at midnight. Snow was bout a foot deep when we were unloading, so it was really a chore. The weather warmed up, but if it had stayed cold or snowed more, the cars would have stayed buried. Later, we moved the car closer to the unit, but really didn't need it our entire stay. It appears that many other condo complexes have the same problem. I think it's just part of Telluride--it's a rugged town and that's part of the charm.
2. The condo provides lots of staples (see #6 above), but no sugar, coffee filters, or laundry detergent. You might want to bring your own, but again, the grocery store is close
3. There is maid service at no additional charge, but no "do not disturb" sign. The maids came before 9:00 am our first day. The property rental people said they come between 10:00 and 4:00, and it varies from day to day. If you turn them away early in the morning, they do not come back later
4. The walls are thin, but people generally were very considerate, and honored the quiet hours from 10:00 pm to 8:00 am.
Overall, we were very, very happy.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- One of the largest condominium complexes in Telluride, the Telluride Lodge sits on 5 acres of park-like setting with BBQ stations and plenty of grassy areas in the summer. For guests during the winter season – skiing and other activities are close by with lift 7 right across the street. Approximately one-third of the condos are available for Vacation Rental, in sizes from Studio to 3-bedroom. Each apartment has its own individual style, but all are based on a split-level floorplan. Every residence has a full kitchen and living room, wireless internet access, and parking on site (limit one car per unit). In fall 2011, the new hot tub - one outdoor, one indoor - and steam room reopened for residents' use. Just to the north of the complex is a grocery store and visitor center. Just to the south is the San Miguel River and Telluride Ski Area lift #7. And historic downtown Telluride is 5 short blocks away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, BookIt.com and Orbitz so you can book your Telluride Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Telluride Hotel Telluride