“Good food, fast service” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
NY
“Good food, fast service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2012

This place was quaint and friendly! It seemed like there were locals there, which was a good sign. And it has a good location and speedy service. Don't expect anything fancy though, the menu is after all a bar menu and it's items reflect that. I had mac and cheese and my friend had a wrap that we were both happy with.

• Visited June 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

71% Recommend
Boca Raton, Florida
“Poachers a local hangout”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2012

Poachers was the only restaurant serving food and drinks when we arrived to Telluride. Starving and having been worn out and worked over by a 17 hour day of travel.... I welcomed this place into my world... I was hungry and thirsty. Once I realized we weren't getting to any of my first choice restaurants as they were already closed, I embraced this restaurant Poacher Style. If you want yummy hot hot hot wings, this is the place! Nacho plate to die for and local people watching. Play a game of pool or just watch the townies play. Either way, enjoy it for what it is and order those buffalo wings!

Visited March 2012
the woodlands
“local flavor”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2012

good beer, great location in mountain village.

Stop in for a pint after skiing a catch up with some characters.

Visited January 2012
Maine
“Good lunch spot”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2012

I want to write this review in response to the previous reviewer who mentioned the usual greasy bar food. Yes, you can get that here, and to be honest, just about everyone was eating the sweet potato fries, chili, mac and cheese, etc.. But that was their choice.

I, on the other hand, had an absolutely delicious Very Veggie wrap sandwich for only about $8--an excellent value, I thought. It was filled with spinach, roasted red peppers, other veggies that I can't remember, and feta cheese with a balsamic vinaigrette dressing and was huge. I'm an average eater, and half was even more than I wanted. My husband had some type of turkey sandwich, which he liked very much. They serve Polestar pilsner, a local brew, which was also great. Service was a little laid back but not lax, and food preparation was quite prompt.

The restaurant is small with a bar and only a few tables at the top of the Chondola #1 lift in Sunset Plaza, so get there early.

• Visited February 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
~~~
“A decent dive”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2012 via mobile

I always grab a bite to eat here every year when I come to Telluride. The bartender is always very friendly and the atmosphere is cozy. The food is ok- greasy pub food - but it does the job on a cold night. The prices are very good for a ski town, and the après crowd is fun.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere