“Good food, but too expensive” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
La Marmotte is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 64 Restaurants in Telluride
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romance, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Mark Reggiannini is a former sous chef for Jean Georges Vonrichten, and has a philosophy regarding food - simplicity. His rustic bistro cooking focuses on the use of local fine ingredients, prepared using French techniques. Private dining room and buyout options available. La Marmotte menu changes nightly depending on what is in season and fresh.
Telluride
“Good food, but too expensive”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

I agree with the other reviewer that said that the food was good (but not great), but way too expensive. We sat on the patio (which is very nice), had a glass of wine ($12) and ordered from the the bar menu. My husband's bowl of soup was TINY, but the least expensive item on the menu. My entree was better, but cost $18. Just too pricey for what we received.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

80% Recommend
Durango, CO
“I wouldn't go back”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

This isn't going to be a scathing review, but I won't be back. A couple of good things:
Dark and romantic atmosphere.
The food is pretty good.
What I didn't like:
Bottle of wine $40-$850
Glass of wine $12-$22

We enjoyed our meals with 2 glasses of wine each, then paid the bill- $190...

Just took all the fun out of it for me. The food was good, but come on, really?

Tom and Sheryl
Durango, CO

Visited June 2013
Savannah, Georgia
“Excellent food, great service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

My family has enjoyed La Marmotte numerous times over the years and this visit was no exception. The price fix menu was very reasonable for the food selection and the food was delicious as ever, from the beef, chicken and seafood. The service was excellent, as the wait staff were warm and attentive. A Telluride must if you want an excellent relaxing meal.

Visited June 2013
Greeley, Colorado
“Very Good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

My husband took me here for my birthday and the food and service was very good. We left very full. Loved the atmosphere as well.

Visited May 2013
“Excellent Dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013 via mobile

Went with my wife for an anniversary dinner, it was excellent! They had a pre fixe three course menu for $39. In addition, they also had oysters on the half shell for $1 each, great deal!!! We shared a half dozen, they were fresh and delicious. My wife then had the quail first course, followed by duck. She loved both. I had a goat cheese tart followed by hangar steak. Tart was tasty, and steak was all I could've asked for, cooked perfect. Great evening overall! Oh and the wine list isn't huge, but they have good pairs for everything they serve.

• Visited May 2013