“Snow Mobile Newbies!” 5 of 5 stars

Uxbridge, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
“Snow Mobile Newbies!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

Just returned from a fabulous 10 day holiday in Telluride and one of the highlights was a very memorable introduction to snowmobiling by our perfect guide "Roy", of Telluride Outside. We had never seen a snow mobile before, let alone driven one (we are from England, where the weather and the environment would render them almost obsolete). Being on the cautious side, we just booked half a day with Roy, but at the end of the session we wished we had taken a full day. It was perfect from start to finish. We were picked up on time from our hotel and driven to the base camp and during the journey Roy told us many interesting facts about the area that we had not known. When we arrived at the base camp, Roy explained all the safety procedures and kitted us out with helmets and boots to ensure that we would be as warm and safe as possible. The gleaming snow mobiles awaited us and then the admirably patient Roy gave us a full demonstration on how to handle the machines and instructions on how to avoid any mishaps and we were off. It was snowing very hard so we didn't experience the usual amazing views of the mountains, but for us, this time it did not matter too much because we were enjoying the thrills of the ride. It was a fantastic experience, managed by a very professional company and our excellent guide. So thank you Roy, we will be back, but next time we won't leave it until the last day of our holiday.

Visited February 2013

Dallas, Texas
14 attraction reviews
“awsome day snowmobiling”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

A great guide, well kept sleds, and well guided by a knowleagble and friendly guide.
the guide was on time to collect us from our lodgings in telluride and drove us to the trailhead where the sleds were warmed up and ready for us to go.
Clothing was available to those who did not have the right and warm gear with them, along with winter boots and helmets.
The guide gave us a good mix of trail and off trail riding and was more than happy to stop at key vantage points to show us some spectacular views as far away as Utah.
Some was also spent in an open meadow for those of us who wnated to stretch the legs and capabilities of the sleds and have some fun.

all in all a great day and good value too

Visited February 2013
Athens, Georgia
“Dunton Hot Spring”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

I recently took the full day tour over to the Dunton Hot Spring. This was an amazing trip. I am an advanced snowmobiler. I had my doubts on how the tour would go being that I have done guided tours before. I want to say by far the best tour I have ever taken. This group is amazing our guide took the time to really see if I knew what I was doing and was full of knowledge of the back country that you would not expect.. After about an hour of the tour he turned it up and we had a blast. This tour is not for the beginner by any means. The group is professional from the booking all the way to the drop off after the tour. The tour its self is amazing from the natural beauty to the hair pin turns to the adrenal rush. I would only recommend this group if you are planning on a snowmobiling trip in this area. I assure you I will be back. Thanks guys we had a blast.

Matt D

Visited January 2013
Telluride, Colorado, United States
“Great Snowmobile adventure!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

I recently went on a half day snowmobile tour with telluride outside. I talked with both john and colette while making the reservation and they were very friendly and helpful. There was tons of snow on the day we went and the powder fields were amazing. Roy was a very friendly and knowledgeable guide. The sleds were in great condition and no member of our party had any mechanical issues. The half-day trip was definitely family friendly but was still a ton of fun for the more thrill oriented individual. I highly reccomend the tour and telluride outside.

Visited January 2013
Flagstaff, AZ
13 attraction reviews
“Imogene pass is a must-see in SW Colorado!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

Please don't miss the trip over IMO pass. The views are amazing. There's not much left of the mine or town ruins to explore. Ouray side does not open until mid summer often times. Check the trail reports before you go up.

Visited August 2012