“Fly Fishin'” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Wethersfield, CT
“Fly Fishin'”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

My husband and I are fishing novices. I mean I was calling the rod a pole and had to learn the floaty thing was not a bobber, but a strike indiator. Ahh, but Marty was patient and understanding thank god. It was all good - enjoyed the experience because Marty kept it light and had some colorful stories to keep me amused. I caught a fish in the San Miguel - sort of - and of course took pictures, and my husband managed to snag a fish in the stocked pond - I will always enjoy telling that story. Marty is a pro with the public. It was a good time.

Visited August 2012

Corrales, New Mexico
14 attraction reviews
“Imogene & Tomboy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

For a different trip for us, we chose a 1/2 day morning 4x4 tour from Telluride up through Tomboy to the top of Imogene Pass. Our guide and driver, Dan, was excellent with wonderful history, stories of the mines and characters as well as a great grasp of geology. Takes about 4 hours and a great way to get above Telluride and above timberline. Dan even picked us up at our lodge up in Mountain Village! A great extra to our 5 days in Telluride.

Visited August 2012
Edwardsville, Illinois
“What an awesome tour!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012 via mobile

Our family really enjoyed our tour of Imogene pass. Jerry was an awesome tour guide! He knew so much history of the area and was also a great driver. Spectacular views! Thanks for the memory!

Columbia Heights
3 attraction reviews
“Jeep trip to Tomboy Mine and Imogene Pass”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2012

This trip is not for anyone afraid of heights, but for those who like adventure, a good adrenaline rush and the most exquisite scenery, I strongly suggest a Telluride Outside Jeep tour to Imogene Pass. My friend and I, both senior citizens, are always looking for something new to do. It gets harder with age. This jeep trip was something new. We both read Tomboy Bride, by Harriet Backus, a true story of a young bride at the turn of the 20th Century, whose husband worked at the Tomboy Mine and they lived in this perilous land. We wanted to see the conditions of life that were described in the book. I would strongly suggest reading the book before you go. This jeep tour goes to Tomboy Mine and even though there are only ruins remaining, the book came alive. Then on to Imogene Pass and as the jeep crested the pass and Red Mountain comes into view—well the exquisite beauty leaves me without the ability to describe it. Plenty of stop time is allowed for photos. Be sure to take a warm jacket, water and a good camera. A good guide is everything on this trip and we had the best. Be sure to ask for Ramo although I’m sure they are all good.

Visited July 2012
Krum, Texas
“Great fun jeep trip for our daughter's wedding party”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012

Telluride Outside is the best. We booked the Imogene Pass jeep trip for our daughter's wedding party and everyone on the trip loved it. The trip was a half day to Imogene and Tomboy Mine in the large jeeps with covered seating. The company offers blankets and rain ponchos to keep everyone dry. It rained almost the entire afternoon (as it always does this time of year in Colorado) but this didn't spoil the kids fun. The photos the kids took on the trip were incredible.
The company is easy to work with and prompt to respond to inquiries when you are ready to book your trip. The drivers are knowledgeable, fun and genuine.
Contact John Duncan if you want to hear more about Telluride Outside- you won't be disappointed.

Visited July 2012

Been to Telluride Outside? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Telluride Outside, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.