“Great place for a burger” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #33 of 63 restaurants in Telluride
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Late Night
Description: "Pub with good bar food".
“Great place for a burger”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013 via mobile

Floradora is a "joint" ...bar for the locals and a good place to catch a bite and take in the mountain village of Telluride from its patio seating. I have eaten here serveral times ...service can be spotty, but that is just "mountain time". I recommend the BBB ...blackened burger with bacon and blue cheese.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

76% Recommend
Chicago
“High altitude, high attitude, high price bar food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

The Floradora Saloon is a Telluride stalwart but recently things seem to have gone downhill. A late night dinner over Memorial Day weekend may have been the straw that broke the camel's back. We were disappointed to see that entrees had been excised from the dinner menu, and we were further shocked to see the revised price tag on some items: $5 for a side salad that fits in a ramekin and $6.50 for a cup of soup that's diner-sized is really beyond the pale, even in a resort community as luxe as Telluride. Service at restaurants in resort towns generally leaves something to be desired, and Floradora is no exception. In a stunning case of "the customer is always wrong," our server described the evening's halibut special as accompanied by a sweet potato hash. I was puzzled when the plate arrived with what obviously appreared to be mashed potatoes, only to be told that "some sweet potatoes are white." Apparently these special high altitude white sweet potatoes taste just like, um, potatoes. A dining companion ordered a burger medium rare, and when it showed up cooked beyond well, the waitress insisted that it was cooked only medium. After some prodding, an offer was extended to remake the burger according to the desired temperature. Fifteen minutes later (after everyone else had finished their meals) a replacement burger showed up, still tragically overdone but this time accompanied by some flaccid, chilly french fries that had clearly been sitting on the plate waiting for a new burger. Sadly, with this most recent experience, the short list of decent places to eat in Telluride has just gotten even shorter.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Denver, Colorado
““Great burgers, good portions, rustic local atmosphere, good friendly service””
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

Great value and quality. I've always enjoyed my visits here. Weekend breakfasts are great. Rustic mining town vibe with local characters usually hanging at the bar. All around good food, service, and atmosphere. Telluride can be a challenge sometimes with food, but this is definitely one place to go. Could be a great venue for more intimate live music at night. Some of the burgers are a heart attack waiting to happen, but who doesn't like bacon?!

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Stafford, Virginia
“See review 'Best of the average' - I agree!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

The Floradora was good, but not great. I can't really capture why this place didn't "Wow!" me but the food and service were just okay. I had the BBB Burger and fries after a long day of skiing (so I was hungry). I also ordered a side of their homemade cole slaw... What does it say about a place when the cole slaw was the best part of the meal? What drew us in was the delicious smell of burgers on a grill and rustic feel of the place but after our meal we were left wishing we'd re-visited Brown Dog Pizza or considered other options.

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“The best of the average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

If I said it was average, that wouldn't be fair but it certainly wouldn't warrant a four. The ambiance is a sort of roadhouse, meets Telluride, meets let your kids color on the table type of place. The menu is simple but for a pub type place, I liked the food.

Where it dropped down a couple of notches were, shockingly, provisions. I kid you not but they ran out of Mac and Cheese, milk, and rootbeer. Now, I know I don't own a restaurant but if I did, I would have driven to the 7-11, bought a few boxes and a few gallons of milk. Its $8 for Kraft mac and cheese and even at 7-11 prices, thats better profit margins than most US businesses. The server also dropped my views. We had to repeat our order several times, remind him several times what we had asked for the several times prior and the bill was still wrong.

So here is the scoop. If you have kids, go because they can eat and you can eat. Its a nice place, and the food they did have in stock was good.

• Visited March 2013