“Best Pet-Friendly Hotel ever!” 5 of 5 stars

The Hotel Telluride
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   199 North Cornet Street, Telluride, CO 81435   |
Ranked #4 of 18 Hotels in Telluride
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Best Pet-Friendly Hotel ever!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

My wife and I planned a short trip to Telluride over Memorial Day weekend. We were delighted when we found out we could bring our Swissy, Alpine. We had never lodged in a hotel with her, so we didn't quite know what to expect. We were blown away with the service and warm welcome from the front desk staff. Upon arrival, the front desk person came out and personally greeted Alpine giving her all kinds of love. To top it off, they gave her a treat. That was Alpine's favorite part of the hotel. Every time we would venture to the lobby, she plopped her big paws up on the front desk counter and the staff happily obliged giving her a treat. It seemed everyone on staff, including the bartender, knew her name and greeted her every time we strolled through the lobby.

Besides the pet experience, we couldn't have been happier with the hotel itself. The staff was great, the Nook bar/restaurant was highly convenient and had quality food and drinks, and the room was very comfortable. Our favorite part was the lobby. The big sofas and chairs nestled around the mountain-lodge style lobby created a very comfortable and relaxing place to hang out between all of our outdoor activities.

We will surely come back!

Stayed May 2015, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
Broomfield
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

We stayed for three nights during the shoulder season. The hotel looks just like in the pictures, the rooms are very well stocked, and are clean. I was pleasantly surprised by the ample supply of Aveda products, which I use myself regularly. Since it was off-season, there was hardly anyone at the hotel, which made it easy to get a spot in the hot tub at night. The restaurant was not open, but the town is just a short walk away, and they even offer bicycles if the weather is nice.
But the walls were so thin that we could hear the few other guests loud and clear all night long. Whoever was above us sounded like a heard of elk and we kept waking up all night.
At check-out I was told to request a room at the top floor next time. I can only imagine what the place sounds like when all the rooms are filled.

Room Tip: Upper Floor
Green Features: Love the Aveda products and lack of plastic containers.
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled with family
North Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

When we arrived very late at night, tired and road-weary, Maxwell's professional demeanor not only made us feel welcome and well cared for, but he went the extra mile to make sure our experience was top notch. Max made sure we knew we were left in Austin's good hands once he had left for the night. Austin's friendly smile and can-do attitude stayed with us even after we left Telluride. We loved our experience here! This is a lovely hotel with great amenities. We'll be back for sure!

Room Tip: Ask for a top floor - the ceilings are high and the room feels so spacious!
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple
Rittman
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This was our second visit to the Hotel Telluride and it is just as great as ever! This hotel has all the comfort you need. Our room was spacious, very comfortable and cozy. The bathroom is also spacious and very clean. Unfortunately the hotel restaurant was not open as it was off season so we had breakfast in town which is a short hike. There were few restaurants open in town for dinner as well. There is a nice lititle grocery store across from the hotel where you can also get what you need. My suggestion is that if you are visiting Telluride for restaurants, shops and night life you need to find out if it is off season otherwise you are limited. Even so, the hiking is fantastic , we enjoyed the quietness of the season both hiking and the hotel.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Telluride, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

If you have an opportunity to take advantage of the remaining weeks of the Staycation Locals Rate, book a room! The hotel amenities are top notch, staff is friendly and helpful, and the mountain air is sweet. Our king bed was luxurious contributing to the best night sleep I believe I've had in a hotel. The hotel was very quiet. The decor is elegant and functional. We will recommend this hotel any time of the year for our family and friends.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This is a must place to stay in Telluride. The hotel makes a wonderful impression when you first arrive at it. It is nicely decorated and the staff is friendly, warm and cordial. When we first arrived our home did not have the amenities we were told it would have when we book the room over the phone. I contacted Max at the front desk and he placed us in a room that did have the amenities were we promised. Max was an excellent person to deal with. I have traveled a lot and usually the front desk is the weak link in customer service. The poor customer service I have received at the front desk at other hotels has set the stage for a bad stay at the hotel. Max with his excellent customer service set the stage for a wonderful stay. Hats off to Max and the Hotel Telluride for a wonderful experince.

Green Features: Hotel had reclcying containers in each the room and gave every appearance of being concerned with the environment.
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Charleston, South Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

First issue, I was there in the off-season. And in Telluride, off means OFF. I made a reservation for an elite room with balcony. My room was very nice, great bed, clean. The balcony was there but it is about 4' x 2.5". View is nice but balcony bench did not even face the mountain, of course because there was no room for that. Only reason I speak harshly of this was that I confirmed with the hotel about the room and balcony. Anyway, I was glad to have a door that would open. On the website, it states that there was a restaurant and spa. Well they have them, just not Off Season. But, I was not informed of this when making a reservation at the same price as On Season. So, I am sure that most have a lovely time here. But you better clarify what you get. The lobby is charming, fire going, dark paneled walls. If you are a skier, I would not recommend this location. Good for walking distance to restaurants (only 2 or 3 open) in Off Season. I must say I love this charming village. It is only 1.2 miles long on the historic side, so it is tiny. The people are delightfully friendly and helpful. So just ask a bunch of questions. Sure this would be perfect June-September in particular. I may try it again in non ski but in season. One saving grace was great wifi, complimentary.

Room Tip: upper floors mountain view rooms
Green Features: good with reusing towels... I suspect they had a lot more but that is what I noticed.
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends

Been to The Hotel Telluride? Share your experiences!