“Fantastic” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
San Diego, California
“Fantastic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

This place was just wonderful. From the outside appearance and location, to the smooth check in, to the beautifully appointed, comfortable, large room. The hotel website photos are exactly as is reality. I truly enjoyed my stay here. Room 320 was perfect. The lobby is large, but charming and very comfortable and well appointed. Actually, the hotel itself, the lobby, the hallways and the room were all exactly what I would expect from a high end hotel in a high end resort town. It is almost across the street from the market (good for putting things in the room fridge) and within walking distance to the center of town. Although I was here during off season, I would honestly expect to pay more. If I'm back in Telluride I would most definitely stay here and would recommend it.

Room Tip: There is a school directly next door so if you don't like the sounds of kids playing (probably n...
Green Features: They are concerned and apply green standards.water conservation, lighting, etc.
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This is a great-looking hotel. The lodge is big and in-keeping with the ski lodge mentality with wood beams, large fireplace, several comfortable seats. The room was exceptionally large with a small balcony as well as a microwave and refrigerator. The bed was very comfortable. Everything very clean.
As this was off-season, the restaurants in the area were lacking, but the town is small enough to walk to most places. Had an overall great experience.
Cons:
1. There is no hotel parking, so have to work with the street hours or find a lot.
2. As food was lacking, there is a new market that just opened tangential to the hotel which is very good.

Room Tip: Off -season was great for no crowds.
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Emsworth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We stayed for 2 nights on a self-drive tour and could not have wished for more.

We had a balcony room with mountain view which added to our enjoyment.

As non-skiers we thought the rate was high but in line with the area, standard and dates.

If you are visiting Telluride you won't do much better!

Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
Arlington, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

My stay at the Hotel Telluride was over the last weekend of the ski season. The front desk was very friendly when I checked in, the room was clean and very comfortable and I appreciated having basic kitchen items in my room - microwave, fridge, dishes, glasses, etc. I was also impressed that the hotel provides a humidifier in each room. It makes a big difference to my sleep quality when I am in Telluride!

The fact that my stay coincided with the very end of the season did have an impact on my overall experience. For example, while the shuttle into town is supposed to run until 10:00 PM, I was told by my driver that he'd really only be available until about 7:30. It isn't that it is far to walk, just cold in the evenings. I ended up driving myself after the first night.

Also, on my last night at the hotel, I wandered down to the hotel bar/restaurant looking to order a drink, but the restaurant was not in operation. Again, this had something to do with being the end of the season (I was certainly there during their normal advertised hours). They had made a point of telling me about their restaurant at check-in and I would have appreciated knowing it wasn't going to be available throughout my entire stay.

All in all, I don't fault the staff for being worn out after the busiest time of year, and I don't fault the hotel for shutting down services that don't make sense when the clientelle simply isn't there (it was pretty quiet by the time I left). I'm more than happy to find other things to keep myself entertained, but I simply would have liked to know what was truly available to me so I could have planned better. I will give the hotel another try in the future, because I think during the height of the season, it would be just about perfect. And let's face it ... Telluride itself is what makes the trip worth while.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled solo
Waterford, CT USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I spent a week at the Hotel Telluride for some spring skiing.

The rooms are great; very comfortable.
The staff was very cool and accommodating.
There was a free shuttle to the ski lifts and to the main street, but it was walking distance (walked to the lifts, in ski boots, more than once - but also wimped out and took the shuttle once or twice)..

Telluride is a great mountain, the town is a nice old west place to spend time, and this hotel was a good choice.

Only negative - the hot tubs are probably ready for replacement - jets weren't very strong and one wasn't particularly warm. But still, clean outdoor hot tubs after a day on the slopes are great.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled with friends
Ormond Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

All I can say is WOW! Every nook and cranny of this hotel is dripping with detail and class, from the overall presence of the gathering spaces to our room and the hallways, it truly delivered the aesthetic I wanted for our first experience to Telluride. The staff, however, were the best part of the experience to be honest - so helpful before our arrival, getting me connected with a company that met us at the hotel to fit my family for the ski rentals, shuttle service that was always willing and ready to take us where we needed to go. My daughter was very sick when we first arrived, and once we got her issues handled, all of the main restaurants were closed, The staff went out of their way to get pizzas ordered AND picked up and delivered to our room - more helpful than I can describe as a single parent traveling with two kids. We will DEFINITELY be back, and cannot thank Hotel Telluride for creating what became the best Spring Break the kids have ever had!

Room Tip: It pays to get the room upgrade - has a gorgeous view of the slopes
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
Houston, Texas, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2015

We Visited telluride for spring break. We stayed in hotel telluride for 3 nights and two days. Rooms are very clean and comfortable, staff is friendlly. Request for room with a view. They have free shuttle service to the gondola. Free coffee and hot cocoa at lobby all the time. Breakfast is ok as there are few choices and also expensive. We ended up buying cereal for breakfast as rooms have fridge and microwave and has bowels, plates and cutlery . Market place is at walking distance. Not happy with restaurant menu. But if you are in Telluride there are lots of good places to eat closeby. Kids and pet friendly

Stayed March 2015, traveled with family

Been to The Hotel Telluride? Share your experiences!