“Perfect Getaway” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Nyack, New York
“Perfect Getaway”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

This hotel was terrific. From the fresh iced tea, homemade cookies and fireplace in the lobby to the pillow menus in the rooms! The staff was attentive and helpful in every respect. The small restaurant off the lobby has good drinks and a delicious four cheese mac and cheese. The kitchenette and deck with views was plus! Stay here. You won't be disappointed. We are planning to return next year.

Room Tip: Corner rooms tend to be larger. Our bath was enormous too.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

2 nights here (I wanted to write this now before I forgot) in Room 316 which is a junior suite. Great. Comfortable bed/suede headboard across from living room like area with sofa and chairs and tv, plus nice deck overlooking the mountain in back, kitcheonette, and good bath. Tremendous service - when I just asked (at 7:30 pm) if the yummy chocolate chip cookies were still out (placed out at 4 pm), the staff immediately brought us some. It's that kind of place. It's not in the middle of town - maybe 1/2 mile from center/gondola - but they have a huge SUV to take you there. For $200/night it's a good bargain. So glad I didn't rent a condo in town as originally planned.

Room Tip: Go for the junior suite. I think they have 2 in our type. Maybe 600 feet.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Denver
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

My husband, dog and I stayed 3 nights mid August. I intentionally chose a few days when the event calendar in Telluride was quiet. The hotel was offering a mid week special which brought the nightly rate into the reasonable range (except there is a 20% tax added to the bill and a $100 dog fee--a recent post said $50 which is incorrect). There was a large bicycle group in town and unfortunately for us, we had elephants clomping around in the room over us. They woke up by 6;15 am each day despite the a/c fan on low the entire night. I cannot give the hotel 5 stars due to the lack of adequate soundproofing between floors. We did not hear noise on either side of our room.

We learned that 2 rooms had toilets which were plumbed incorrectly. Our toilet had hot water. I cannot quite describe the feeling of sitting over very hot water! We had room 106 and had a fabulous quiet view of the high school athletic field and mountain. We had easy access out the door with our dog. The room was large and comfortable with 2 comfy large chairs as well as furniture on our private patio. The carpet in our room was stained and looks like it is ready to be replaced. Our room was quite dark because of the overhang of the porch above us. I would take the easy outside access over a brighter room. Everyone was so cheerful and friendly to us and our dog (which made us all happy). We found easy street parking and opted to make our own breakfast so I cannot comment on the breakfast served by the hotel. Our king bed came with a thick feather down bed under the fitted bottom sheet. Because my husband is allergic to feathers, we removed it, leaving an extra extra firm mattress (definitely no dips or sags!)..

We were highly underwhelmed by Brown Dog Pizza. However the front desk girl directed us to 221 S. Oak Street which may be our new favorite restaurant--it's that good. Definitely not inexpensive or for kids but worth the splurge. Everything we tried was memorable. Our first time experience to Telluride was delightful. We would definitely stay at The Hotel Telluride again and highly recommend others consider this hotel too.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the school side for quiet (although perhaps during the school year it could be noi...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Santa Fe, NM
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

I expected more that what we received. The room has stains on the carpet. Stained towel and shower curtain. Black stains in the bottom of the shower. Someone cleaned the carpet and tried to get the black out of the bottom of the shower. They replaced the shower curtain. For the price, I expected the room to be clean without having to report the problems and try to get someone to correct it. They took $30 off of our bill. When we checked out, there was no electricity. I was half way through drying my hair when the electricity when out. I had to leave with wet hair and walk down the ramp to get the car in the dark. I would have thought they would have a generator, since the electricity goes out frequently. Fortunately, we were staying on the ground floor. Having a shuttle was very nice and handy.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

I simply adore this hotel property and the entire Hotel Telluride Family. I call this "My Home Away From Home".

The scenery is magnificent, you can walk or they will drive you to town where you will find terrific 5 star restaurants in charming yet sophisticated settings.

I also love the Ah Haa Art School and have taken many classes from them so it is a destination for Art as well as hiking, gliding, rafting, biking and of course skiing in the winter.

The hotel has entertainment once a week and hosts events for different festivals so there is always something happening.

What can I say but I have been coming here for the last 5 years sometimes twice a year and I will be back to see my friends and family at the only hotel I recommend in the Town of Telluride. You will not find a better place to stay.

Room Tip: Most of the rooms have a nice view. If a view is what you like I would make sure you ask for the roo...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Aspen, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

Young, nice, friendly helpful staff. Two at the front desk and one at the door. Hotel provides shuttle service. We were there Aug 11th 2012 for one night on the ground floor where I think they put you if you have a dog? There's a none refundable deposit of $50 for a dog. Room was overall nice but my wife noticed the Coversheet on the bed wasn't cleaned. All in duing the summer I paid approx $270 after taxes, dog deposits etc. Recommend having breakfast in one of the many little breakfast places all with-in walking distance of the hotel. Didn't use any of the amenities but spotted a hot-tube and small gym. Walking distance from downtown.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Landenberg, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

We were only able to stay for one night , as we're travelling all around the western Colorado region for the week, but I would liked to have stayed longer. The hotel is really nice with a great location in telluride. They also have a shuttle, which I am sure is helpfull in the winter when you have your ski gear with you.

Rooms are very modern and beds are ultra comfy!
I would definetly book a room

Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to The Hotel Telluride? Share your experiences!