“Great Place for the Holidays (or any time)!” 5 of 5 stars

3rd Night Free
Ranked #5 of 18 hotels in Telluride
GreenLeadersGold level
Tampa, Florida
“Great Place for the Holidays (or any time)!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012 via mobile

Spent Christmas Holidays in Telluride/Mountain Village and stayed at Mountain Lodge. Everything about our stay was perfect. Telluride is a very special place any time of year. During the holidays even more so.

As far as Mountain Lodge, it is a great place to stay while there. If you are a skier, the accommodations are perfect. Great access to the mountain, ski in ski out, on site lockers, and warm fire place after a day out.

The lobby restaurant and bar is perfectly named "The View". Besides Allred's, it has the best mountain views of any restaurant in town. The food and service is casual but well done, and the bar is a great place to unwind or gather before hitting the town.

The location is ideal, a short walk to the gondola, market, and mountain village town center. If you don't feel like walking, the on site shuttle will drive you and pick you up and the drivers are prompt and courteous. This brings me to the staff... We have stayed at Mountain Lodge many times and always find the staff to be friendly and helpful. From arrival to departure, the Staff provided great service during a very busy time of year. During this visit, we had a small problem with the room which was swiftly resolved. A quick call or visit to the front desk and you will see what I mean.

I really enjoyed my stay at mountain lodge and highly recommend!

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

512 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (146)
scubaseitz
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

Thr views from the room were amazing, and we got great value for the room, as far as mountain ski resorts go. There was a free gondola too. Had a problem with paying $20 a night to park and there weren't even enough spots.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012 via mobile

I recently visited the lodge and with the lack of snow I didn't even go riding. Because of the room we booked at the Mountain Lodge our trip was still spectacular. Cooked meals in our room with ease, they are stocked with everything. Had beers on the balcony, relaxed and used the hot tub to our advantage. Not to mention if you run out of your own cocktails there's a bar roughly an arms length from the pool and hot tub area. I will be returning later in the ski season, waking up to a window full of timberline is how I kinda hope heaven will be. Thanks to all the employees at the lodge that made our trip what it was!

• Stayed November 2012
hrcord, Manager at Mountain Lodge at Telluride, responded to this review, December 24, 2012
Thank you for the wonderful comments. We will see you again soon, It has been snowing all day, should be great skiing.
Evergreen, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

My wife and I had decided to step away from the city for a mountain getaway weekend. Upon arrival at Mountain Lodge, we were greeted at the check in desk by Victor, he was very helpful and made us feel welcomed from the start. It is a very lovely place, I know I will visit it again. Let it snow!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
hrcord, Manager at Mountain Lodge at Telluride, responded to this review, November 28, 2012
You could not have picked a better spot for your mountain getaway weekend than the Mountain Lodge and Telluride. We are very pleased that you were welcomed from the start and are glad that you will visit again. I will let Victor know that you mentioned him; the staff always enjoys seeing their names mentioned on the internet. Thank you for your comments.
naugatuck
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

This hotel was amazing. From the arrival at the front desk to Raul who helped us. It was perfect. Check in was easy and Raul was so helpful and knowledgeable about what we needed. Then comes the room. The room was amazing. A very comfy bed, a kitchenette, a fire place and not to mention the view that was breath taking. The only negative thing was the bathroom. It was way to small for my liking but it was just a bathroom and the rest of the room more than made up for it. Would definitely book a room again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
It is great to see that your first time to Telluride was amazing. Raul is really good at what he does and will be happy to see his name on Trip Advisor. I am glad you enjoyed your room and are pleased that you would stay with us again. Thank you for taking the time to comment about the Mountain Lodge and we will see you next time.
Indianapolis, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

My husband and I stayed at Mountain Village for a friend's wedding. I'm so glad we checked in a day early to really enjoy the town. Upon check in we learned how close we were to the Gondolas that would take us into town. This was amazing. Also, we learned of the shuttle that was available to us as guest too. I did not care for our room so much. We stayed in a regular lodge room. This room is okay if you're only going to be in town for a few days as there is no sitting area and the clearance between the door and the toilet in the bathroom is very tiny. So if you're looking for a relaxing and cozy stay and you will be in Telluride for a while, upgrade. I'm glad we didn't because we did so much in town during the 3 days we were there! It's a gorgeous property with amazing views.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

We stayed at the Mountain Lodge at Telluride in September 2012 for a friend's wedding. The lodge is beautiful, with wonderfully-appointed rooms, a warm, comfortable main lodge with a very pretty bar/restaurant, and the most comfortable bed I have ever slept in. But it was the service that we experienced at the lodge that made this one of the nicest places I have stayed. From the general manager to the housecleaning staff, everyone went above and beyond to make our stay fantastic! The cleaning staff had our room immaculate every day (despite us having turned it into a pig's sty on the morning of the wedding) and the bartender's stayed late (until after 1 am) on the night of wedding so that the bride and groom could spend more time with their guests.

And as if our stay wasn't wonderful enough already, the service continued on after we had even checked-out. My wife (who is not a good sleeper) was so happy with the pillows and linens at hotel, that she spent the next week trying to find the linens on-line (to no avail). I emailed the manager to see if he if he could help identify the pillow, and not only did he have his housekeeping staff tear off a label and scan me a picture of the label to help identify it online, but he even offered to BUY the pillow for me (in case it wasn't commercially available) and have it shipped to me. Now that's service! Thanks to the amazing service at this hotel, I now have a great Christmas surprise for my wife - a re-creation of the incredible comfort offered at the Mountain Lodge at Telluride! Now all they need is room-service, and I will never want to leave.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Mountain Lodge at Telluride? Share your experiences!