“Blue Mesa #30” 4 of 5 stars

117 Lost Creek Lane, Telluride, CO 81435   |
Lakewood, Colorado
“Blue Mesa #30”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

We really loved this location because we were able to see the free concert at Sunset Plaza from our balconies. This condo is an older one but it has been taken care of and is perfect for the price. We really could have used some air conditioning, but once the sun started to go down and the cool mountain came through the patio doors, it was fine. If you go to Telluride, you probably won't be staying in the room during the day very much anyway, so you won't really miss much not having an air conditioner. As for the parking, it's easy if you only have one car, which we did. What we didn't care for was the fact that there was a woman who lives under our rental condo who came up to our room and told us we were being too loud and that she had worked until 11PM and didn't appreciate us waking her up at 7AM. Well, you know what, for one, she knows she lives under a rental, and two, we're on vacation with three kids, there really is no way to be quiet when you're trying to get breakfast, packed and ready to check out. That was the only negative on our trip and in no way reflects upon Telluride Alpine Lodging's hospitality, but nevertheless, it did impact our vacation.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

12 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Vail, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

We stayed in unit 20B in September 2012.

Pros: Unit is in a nice location, close to free gondola into town. We enjoyed the mountain village and took the gondola up at sunset and again in the morning. Very scenic. The bed was comfortable and nice.

Cons. The parking situation is a pain. The restuarant below us (Pizza shop, I beleive) was blaring music into the courtyard all evening. After 10PM, I called and asked them to turn it off. The bathroom fan does not work. There is a resident with a dog next door that barked periodicallty. Check-in is in the town of Telluride, so you need to go there and then backtrack to Mountain Village. There is no one at the unti to assist you.

Summary: I would choose somewhere else to stay, if I came back to Telluride.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Colorado Springs, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

I had reserved Unit 40C (wanted a top floor because one of our pet peeves is hearing stomping people above us). I could find absolutely no lodging in Telluride itself so was forced to take this one in the town of Mountain Village. I had researched it ahead of time so I knew that I'd have to pay $25 for parking and knew how to find the condos but had no idea how to get a key. Fortunately we had been walking around Telluride and came across the main property management office. I popped in there and a nice gentleman gave me all the info I needed to know to get in. He also informed me that our parking would be free--more to come on that piece of info. Anyway, we drove our car up there and had a heck of a time finding this particular condo, finally just had to guess which building it was amongst all the other ones (the sign for it is kind of hidden). We were able to park in a free space temporarily to unload and had to walk through a restaurant courtyard where they were having a huge wine-tasting event--I'm sure they LOVED hearing our rolling suitcases bump on the cobblestone on our way through! We needed a code to get into the building (which the guy down in town had given us) then another code to get into the unit. Once in, we noticed how small it was. Also, no A/C but they did have a large box fan handy for us and after we opened the windows, that helped. The kids loved watching the gondolas go by and we could hear the people in the courtyard below us but it wasn't too bad at night. We also noticed the connecting door to the unit next door was unlocked and later that day heard the neighbors opening theirs, so we worried that someone would let themselves in. The place was clean, though, which is always important to me. The upstairs loft with the 2 twin beds seemed like a cute idea for our kids, but the bed underneath the sky light was just ridiculous! First off, the whole layout of the condo is absurd. We questioned what the architect was thinking and what the owner was thinking when they bought the place! I'd never waste my money on such a waste of space! So, anyway, that 2nd bed shouldn't be there--due to the vaulted ceiling there, the bed barely even fits and my daughter barely fit there (she couldn't sleep because of the sky light and because she had to be curled up all night to fit in the bed). The downstairs couch looked comfy so she should have just slept on that. The bed downstairs barely fits in that space, either, and I think it was only a double?! Who sleeps on a double anymore? None of us got much sleep that night so the sleep factor is pretty crummy for this unit. Oh, and the loft is accessed by these tiny spiral stairs, so don't even think about taking any of your luggage up there. There is a closet up there, but it was locked, so no storage if you are planning on staying a while.
Anyway, about the parking: after unloading our stuff, we tried to find the "free" parking the guy had given us the map for. Searched and searched & couldn't find it. Finally stopped at the info place to ask the Mountain Village people and the woman in there had no idea what I was talking about. I called the gentleman from Telluride and asked him about it and he put me on hold to ask his boss--turns out that free parking expired last week. Oooookay. So, we resolved ourselves to the fact that we'd have to pay for parking (you have to pay for parking in everywhere in Telluride as well, I guess to pay for the "free" gondolas). The next morning, the entrance gate just happened to be open so we pulled a "Mr. Bean" and drove out the opposite way...shhh, don't tell. See, so we did get the free parking! Not sure if they leave it up all night or something and we just got there early enough (with no free breakfast and no sleep for us, we all just wanted to get out of there). Oh, and trying to find breakfast type food that morning? Forget it! The 2 grocery stores we went to only had organic, healthy, nasty food. This town is NOT for the average American--very hippy-like and different!

Room Tip: If you have more than 3 people in your group, don't bother with unit 40C.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012 via mobile

Unit 41C. Suppose you could say this is the best bargain in the village for the money especially with the upstairs balcony but just understand what you are really getting. Our unit was rather tired looking and some things we're in disrepair. Lastly, the parking situation is a scam. No one tells you the parking will be 25.00 per nite but only that the gondola from the parking area is free. They allow you to park temporarily at your complex so you can unload luggage then you must drive to paid parking area and ride gondola back to village then walk from there back to condo. Very inconvenient. Not worth it in our opinion.

Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Maryland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2012

Not at all what we were expecting. True enough we went to this location in Late April, however, the place was like a ghost town... The condo we rented was nice enough, but never could figure out how to park in the garage, couldnt get any one to help on the phone when trying to check in, park, find the condo, the whole experience was just ... annoying. we cut our trip short because we were just so frustrated..

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Canberra, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2012

This studio apartment is very good value. A king size bed with two lounge chairs and a kitchenette all in a large room with windows on two walls and a balcony. Lovely views of snow in trees and other lodges.

We found the location in Mountain Village to be ideal - a short walk across the paved plaza and we were on the snow and able to put our skis on and were off skiing! The restaurants under the apartments are also very good.

The ski and boot lockers are convenient and only a lift ride from the apartment.

The only improvement I would suggest is more effective light blockout on the windows at night as there is a street lamp outside the window that shines all night through the wooden blinds into the bedroom. If there were curtains with a pelmet this issue would be resolved and guests would be able to sleep more easily.

This apartment does not include a parking space so we parked our vehicle in the recommended parking station for $25 per day. We noticed there were many unused parking spaces in the carpark under Blue Mesa and wonder why these are not offered to guests at an extra charge rather than remaining empty. We would be happier to pay for a park at the apartment rather than have the vehicle a walk and gondola ride away.

A fantastic 5 days on the snow in the wonderful Mountain Village of Telluride - do try it!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Grand Junction, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2012

We stayed for two nights of skiing. The room was fairly large and comfortable. There was a king size bed on the main level and the loft contained a queen sized bed. There was a small kitchenette with a sink, microwave, fridge and coffee maker, no stove. The room was pretty clean but a needed a little work. The carpet was a little worn and needed to be stretched but not bad. The tiles in the bathroom have popped up in several places and are loose. It the number 4 lift and gondola were just a short walk away. You can actually just ski over to both after walking about 25 yards across the sunshine plaza. The only downside I can think of was noise transmission. You could hear the neighbors, not what they were saying but if they coughed, sneezed or snored you could hear it. I mostly slept through it but it woke my husband. Oh and there's no parking with this unit. You have to park in the parking garage about 200 yards away and pay 25 dollars a night. The weekend at the lodge cost us 360 with tax not including the parking. Overall it was a nice place and I would stay again for the price and the amenities. I only give it a 4 because of the things I mentioned- parking, noise and the carpet and tile issues.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Blue Mesa Lodge? Share your experiences!