“Read this before you make a decision.” 1 of 5 stars

You added Blue Mesa Lodge to your Saves list
Blue Mesa Lodge
117 Lost Creek Lane, Telluride, CO 81435   |
Phoenix
“Read this before you make a decision.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2008

We stayed here in the October of 2007 (I know this is a late review), the place was clean and good but comes with a number of problems. 1. Expedia markets Slope Side Studio, but there is NO slop side, huge construction building blocks with view of the mountain side. Expedia must remove the Slop Side Studio option as this is NOT true. I had numerous calls to Expedia and they refused to accept responsibility of information on the Expedia site, they claim that this was provided by Resort Quest Rentals and Expedia does NOT validate the claim. During that period, I didn't have the time to sue Expedia in a small claims court but now I intend to get this done. While I have been using Expedia for the last 4 years, I will not use their services in the future.

The Construction was noisy, and this was exactly like the hotels dot com TV advertisement showing a construction building right across the patio (Ahhaaa lol, but it sucks). I tried to get an upgrade, apparently they had no other options, interestingly, I was told by the Resort Quest Rental person that they DON’T own/contract/service any of the rooms on the front side of the building. The photo on this Expedia shows the front side of the building for which they have NO access and NO rooms. Parking - Again, Expedia's marketing trick, displaying free parking and parking nearby. There is only a 30 minute parking in front of the building and you need to use the Gondola to go to parking area (15 minutes). YES, there are many places in Mountain Village WITH parking.

Avoid this place unless you are okay with the contruction building.

• Stayed October 2007
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
A TripAdvisor Member
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2006

My family stayed in the Studio loft with two tweens.
Excellent:
On Mountain transportation was great due to the gondola's we never needed our car.

Good
The condo itself was very nice. The unit was clean and sunny. They had supplied us with hairdryer, shampoos, soap.

The kitchenette consisted of a small refrigerator, microwave, toaster and coffee machine, and a micro sink. They had stocked it with all the dishes to heat and eat things.

The condo was right in the south village on the mountain and a short walk to lift 4, ski school and the mountain village shops.

BAD
The bar below always got out at about 130am and the people stood below our window (we were on the 4th floor). and shouted at each other very loudly.

The lights from the lift and town screamed through our vaulted top windows and we did not have any covers to block them off.

The combo of the two left us with very little sleep!

The condo did not allow us to park at this place but we could park at the free parking garage and take the gondola to the mountain village, (5 min walk to condo). So you had to park in a very funny place and lug all your stuff to your room down slippery steps, then go park your vehicle and come back.

Resort Quest - They were very ineffective when we had to make any requests or complaints, we had to have the lock combo for our ski locker and I had to call them three times. They refused to switch our unit due to the noise. The persons you had to call for help were clear over at the bear creek lodge.

The condo also did not have a spa as indicated and the staff seemed very unwilling to let me know what amenities or facilities there were for me at the village to use. Although eventually I found the information in the guides I picked up in their lobby about the gondola systems and taxi's and restaurants it wasn't because of their help or lack of it.

Go there but get side not over the courtyard and you should be fine.

• Stayed January 2006

Been to Blue Mesa Lodge? Share your experiences!