“Arrogant and inattentive service, overpriced, but tasty” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Boston
“Arrogant and inattentive service, overpriced, but tasty”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

The best part of my meal was a special roasted beet salad. Simply delicious. And a complimentary plate of bruschetta that we ate as we waited a long time for a table. Our server could not have cared less about us. For example, I had to ask four times to get some tap water.

The dishes are very expensive (each entree is $29 or so) given that you are in Telluride not Paris or New York. The food is good but not worth that kind of price. The surroundings are informal and comfortable but not over the top in any way. And did I mention the service is awful?

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

72% Recommend
Scottsdale
“It's not just the skiing that's downhill!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

Last time we ate here three years ago it was called Telluride Pizza Kitchen but also served great pastas and a few other dishes. We read the review in "Dining in Telluride" magazine but when we arrived there were new owners and the menu has changed completely. My wife's salmon was very disappointing and my lasagna was average. The wine list is skewed heavily towards the expensive side - about $50 and up. We felt rushed even though we were the ate very early and were the first customers. It used to be great but we would not go back.

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Syosset, New York, United States
“Great find in Telluride!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013 via mobile

Friendly owner Sean greeted me upon my arrival. It was just me so I sat at the bar to eat dinner. The nice selection of dinner specials was inviting but I went with a selection from the menu. Great Minestrone soup to star was perfect with great flavor. I ordered the chicken parm which was prepared and served a bit unorthodox but very tasty. The chicken was a little firm though. For dessert I enjoyed a slice of their homemade strawberry cheesecake. It was excellent! A little pricey, so leave the young kids home.

“What a Pleasant Surprise”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

It's hard to believe that I have lived in Telluride for two years and only just made it in to the Bistro. The winter dining room is a cozy two level room that holds about 10-12 tables. We were greeted warmly at the door and quickly given a table on a January Sunday night with no reservation. The menu looked great and the specials sounded fantastic. We were largely a soup, salad, and specials group and everyone loved their meal. I will certainly return here, even just for a drink and a bite at the bar.

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Hidden gem in telluride”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013 via mobile

This restaurant is off the charts good if you like great service, fresh Italian food, and a great wine list. It's not easy to get in because there are very few tables. We waited about 45 minutes for a table of 7 and it was well worth it. There is a neat gallery attached that we visited while waiting and it made the time go by qxuickly. The gallery owner was there and shared interesting information about the featured artists. We will definitely be back to this great experience the next time in telluride