“My, How You Have Grown” 5 of 5 stars

Type: Ski/ Snowboard Areas, Mountains
Activities: Skiing, Snowboarding
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Nestled in the towering San Juan range, visitors to this mountain resort enjoy reeling in native trout and hiking in the summer, skiing downhill and trekking cross-country in the winter.
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
“My, How You Have Grown”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2005

This was my first time back to Telluride for a ski vacation in over twenty five years and it has really grown. The scenery is just as beautiful as I remember it but the skiing and terrain was fabulous. The runs that face into town were as steep as I remember but some were groomed which made for carving big arcs on very steep terrain. We had so much fun on that side and the quick gondola ride back up.
On the Mountain Village side, there was challenging terrain but also gentle green runs that started at the top where you could enjoy a gorgeous view and then ski for approximately five miles at an enjoyable pace to the bottom. There is plenty of variety for everyone and never any crowds. Most of the lodging was booked but you would not know it by the very short lift lines. Even the busy lines were less than one minute and that was on the weekend.
Air service is available but we chose to drive because we visited several ski areas on the way. For the inconvenience of driving, it was well worth it for all the great skiing and scenery. Once you are there, the car can stay in the parking ramp because you can ride the gondolas from the Mountain Village side to Telluride until midnight at no charge.
After a full day of skiing, it was no problem being back before midnight.
I will not be staying away from Telluride for more than two seasons from now on. With the friendly staff and great skiing, we will be returning soon.