“Awesome experience!” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Tucson, Arizona
“Awesome experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

My family and I were looking for a hotel to stay at in Telluride for the week of the 4th. Coming from Tucson we were unfamiliar with the area. I researched via the net and narrowed my choices down to a few hotels, Hotel Madeline obviously being one of them. After speaking with Sarah in reservations I realized I didn't need to make any more calls. This was going to be the place. She was AWESOME. Her knowledge of the hotel, the mountain village and Telluride was second to none. But what really impressed me the most was just how genuine and caring she was. She took pride in her job and really cared about the experience that my family was going to have. So I booked the room for a little over a week.
When we arrived at the Hotel we were not disappointed. It is obviously a very pretty place and very clean. The front desk folks just continued the same hospitality that Sarah showed. As for the room? We were fortunate to book a suite with an INCREDIBLE balcony. My two sons, 10 and 13 and my wife were thrilled with the room. While making the reservations I mentioned to Sarah that my boys really enjoy wild life. When we got to the room, Sarah had left a hand written note, cookies and wild life pamphlets for the boys. What a thoughtful touch!
Throughout our stay we were treated so warmly and caring by the staff. Jonathan and Cindy up front put up with me and my questions every day with a smile on their face. They are fantastic. Our trip was wonderful and one of the main reasons was the hotel and it's staff. From the room, to the food, to cookies, brownies and lemonade every day, it was great. I was so impressed, I left a gift for Sarah. I wish I could of left a gift for all of the staff as well. You can't go wrong at the Hotel Madeline!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a big balcony!
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Todd G, Director of Sales at Madeline Hotel and Residences, responded to this review, July 31, 2014
Our team will be so delighted with your feedback! I am so glad to hear that your experience both pre and during your stay was a fabulous one. Please come back and see us again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (119)
Albuquerque, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

This was our second year in a row at the Hotel Madeline. We thought about trying another place but, thankfully, decided to go with our gut and return here. Our entire stay was spectacular. From the valet folks, to the entire staff in the Rev restaurant (where we had a fantastic breakfast each day), to the housekeeping folks to just about everyone from the hotel who we ran into who smiled and said hello, we had a wonderful time. We stayed in a one bedroom suite this time and it was really nice to have the extra space and the kitchen. The location cannot be beat and the hotel is just beautiful throughout - the fitness center, the swimming pool, the library...we took advantage of everything this time around. We are already looking forward to next year!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Todd G, Director of Sales at Madeline Hotel and Residences, responded to this review, July 21, 2014
Thanks so much for your loyalty to the Madeline. It was our pleasure having you back and we truly appreciate your feedback. Please join us again soon!
Manchester, Tennessee, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

Hotel is great, true 5 star, restaurants need help keeping items available on menu, service extremely sloooow, over 2 hours to eat dinner with reservations. Don't get me wrong, it's a beautiful place, but, a good example of poor management and service. Hope they improve in the future.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Thanks so much for taking the time to stay with us and sharing your feedback on the hotel being a 5 star experience. Certainly dissapointing to hear of your dining concerns, and I will share these with our Dining Management Team. Thanks again for staying and providing feedback.
Ocala
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

I booked through Priceline and still paid close to the regular price for a suite for Fourth of July. When I checked in, I also was surprised that I had to pay a resort fee and was disappointed with that. The check in desk clerks were nice and provided helpful information on what was available and the valet, Garrett was absolutely charming and helpful...(he gets five stars) the accommodations were nice and comfortable.
My major disappointment came two days later when I realized I had left my camera charger and battery plugged in the wall at the hotel. I thought surely I would have no difficulty retrieving it but when I called to report it I was advised it wasn't on the list of lost and found list. I asked if housekeeping had been alerted I was looking for the items, and was assured it was added to a "list" an someone would call me back after they checked the room. They didn't. I called back several times and received the same answer and was even told by one clerk that she walked up to the room to check and it was not there... But when I asked her who was on duty the day the room was cleaned as maybe they would be able to assist me, she said she didn't have time to check the schedule (which makes me wonder if she even checked the room at all). A few days later, I called again and spoke with a different clerk, who advised me the items reported were not even on a list but she would certainly add them. She also returned my call (thank you) I think her name was Kayla, after she checked the room but it wasn't there. I'm sure it isn't there as housekeeping most likely removed it when they cleaned. (My friend who works in hotel industry says things found by housekeeping are often kept and sold on eBay so don't ever leave anything behind).
Here is my beef. When you pay this type of money for a room, you expect honesty, integrity and the quality of the service after your stay to be what it is when you are standing in front of the clerks. The first few people I spoke with were bothered by my call. (Not good)
I would have gladly paid for my charger and battery to have been mailed back to me but it seemed like nobody was genuinely interested in locating it. This has left a lasting impression on me. I doubt I would ever stay there again because of the resort fees and the follow up. I also doubt that I would recommend it to any of my friends and family just because of the overall experience. (I waited to do this review hoping I would receive my items in the mail...) Martha DiLullo.

• Stayed June 2014
Good Day Ms. DiLullo,

Thanks so much for selecting the Hotel Madeline for your time in Telluride. It was our pleasure to have you and we do hope you will consider a return experience. We were delighted to hear that your time onsite at the hotel was a postive experience.

Regarding the hotel resort fee, unfortunately we do have issues with this from Priceline guests. Our fees are clearly defined to Priceline and placed within the Priceline buying process, however we frequently here that Priceline did not display the information clearly, and we follow up with them to request that it be clearly stated. We certainly don't want you to feel as though we have made a mistake, and would encourage you to follow up with Priceline and express concern.

I was dissappointed to hear that you felt as though the team was not concerned with the loss of your items. I can assure ou that our team handles lost and found items with the highest integrity and we take the proces very seriously. I have asked our Director Of Operations to follow up on the issue and ensure we cannot provide any further information. Thanks for sharing the information.

We hope you will join us again soon and thanks again for staying with us.
Coral Gables, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

My family and I checked in to the Hotel Madeline two days ago for a one week stay. Even though we have just started our stay, we were so pleased with our check-in and welcome by David, one of the front desk supervisors, that I wanted to write a review right away. I booked the reservation through Leading Hotels. The one bedroom suite we wanted was only available 4 of the 7 days and I booked a more expensive one bedroom condo for the first three nights. As a leading hotels member, we are given upgrades based on availability and David took the opportunity to book us in a one bedroom condo for our entire one week stay. He even personally delivered our new key to our room when the full stay was confirmed. It's a great room with a full, gourmet kitchen and a washer/dryer combination with plenty of space for our family of four. The entire property reminds my husband of a well-kept Swiss Village. Breakfast at the hotel is also a special treat. The property is well located near the free gondola to the town and many of the spectacular hiking trails. All that said, it was really David's warm welcome and initial help in getting us well situated for our stay that has made all the difference. Our compliments to him! We like it here so much, we can't wait to come back.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Todd G, Director of Sales at Madeline Hotel and Residences, responded to this review, July 20, 2014
David is awesome! Thanks so much for reminding us. He will be delighted with your feedback. We greatly appreciate you staying at the Madeline and for taking the time to write a review. Come back and see us again soon!
Scottsdale, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

My husband and I stayed at Hotel Madeline last week for the first time. It was lovely in every way - beautiful fresh flowers in the lobby; comfortable public spaces to relax, gorgeous rooms (and views) - and friendly, gracious service. The Hotel Madeline went above and beyond to care for our every request promptly and courteously. From Jacquie the concierge's recommendations for the perfect hike, to exquisite turn-down service each evening, to the warm front desk staff, we felt pampered and at home throughout our stay. And each afternoon, delicious home made sweets were served in the Living Room!

Thank you to all the Hotel Madeline staff for your gracious hospitality and a wonderful vacation.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Thanks so much for taking the time to provide feedback on your experience at the Madeline. It was our pleasure to have you, and we hope you will return soon. Our team will be delighted with your feedback!
Madison, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

We were so lucky to have found this spot, especially during the busy Telluride Bluegrass Festival. We were traveling with our dog and Hotel Madeline was a place that accommodated us. The staff was really helpful and friendly and the area was breathtakingly beautiful (the room was also beautiful and super clean). We could even keep the patio door open at night to catch the cool night breeze. We also enjoyed the restaurant, especially the outside eating area, as we met so many other people and their furry companions- what a treat to relax by the outside fire with our pets and friends. Would we stay here again- in a heartbeat!

Room Tip: Our room faced the courtyard, but was really quiet and we enjoyed the view.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Thanks so much for finding us! We hope you will come back and join us with your pup again soon. Please let us know how we can be of assistance.