“Very Nice Property!” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Phoenix, Arizona
“Very Nice Property!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

Travelled with the Alpine Ski Club in Phoenix for Surf the Rockies weekend.

Our original plans had us staying at The Peaks, however they had some water pipes that froze and that caused at least a 1/3 of the hotel rooms to be unavailble from January on.

We were given the option of Hotel Madeline.

HM was right in the heart of Mountain Village. Very quiet area...so if you are looking for more action (bars, restaurants) I suggest staying in the town of Telluride. But the great thing is that Telluride has a free gondola service that will get you to town in about 15 mins...and it is a very nice ride that runs to midnight.

The room was very nice. Huge bathroom and very comfortable bed. Even had four cupcakes waiting for me when I arrived in my room.

The pool and spa were indoors...not ideal...and the chlorine levels were so high that it burned my eyes.

Ski concierge was fine. At times I felt like I was bothering the guys working there. Was hoping for a bit more positive, outgoing attitude with the service, but it was not to be...and this is where Telluride differs from Aspen. The ski concierge at the Limelight in Aspen will do just about anything to make sure you have a great day of skiing and they want to hear all about it when you return to the hotel.

I didn't eat at any of the restaurants so I can't comment there.

Would I return? Possibly...although I probably would go back to the Peaks next time. Better spa and pool and spa services. Also the bar there is a lot more lively.

Telluride has some amazing skiing and great bars...it is difficult to get to, but that also is whey you don't have lift lines here. Trust me, you won't be dissapointed when you go.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Elizabeth H, Director of Operations at Hotel Madeline, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
Thank you for providing us with your comments. We will certainly address the specific items that you mention. We are very proud of the Hotel Madeline Telluride as a luxury property and strive to provide the best possible accommodations and service. Your genuine observations will help us to do just that.

I'm glad that you enjoyed the cupcakes and your experience in Telluride! Please join us at Smak Bar at Hotel Madeline the next time you are in town. It has a lively atmosphere and the Manager, Patrick Laguens, has created an amazing drink menu, including the very best Bloody Mary! It's so good that it is featured in this month's 'Food & Wine' issue.

Warm Regards,

Elizabeth Howe
Hotel Madeline Telluride

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
dc
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

This hotel grew on me....I was not sure I would like it at first but because the staff is SO nice and friendly and go out of their way to make your stay great....I give in and give it 5 stars...which I rarely do....
Special thanks to Patrick - the food and bev. manager - what a great guy who works 24/7!
My only complaint - no outdoor hot tub in the ski resort? - major bummer!
I would definetely come back though

AldridS, Manager at Hotel Madeline, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Thank you for the nice comments regarding our staff and especially the Food and Beverage Director. We will pass along your comments to our management team and we look forward to you coming back to visit the Hotel Madeline soon.
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

I recently stayed at the Hotel Madeline Telluride and the word 'wow' escaped from my lips numerous times. The scenery is spectacularly spectacular - yes it is that good. The property is awesome and as a ski resort, Telluride is one of the world's best. We had a three-bedroom condo on the top floor that you could live in quite comfortably. The kitchen was very impressive, the lounge room enormous, and each of the three bedrooms had a spacious bathroom. The best thing about my room was the view from the balcony. 'Wow'. One of the photos I took looks too good to be true.
The ski valet made life easy - just handing over my boots in the morning and placing my skis and poles on the snow. They even helped get my boots off at the end of the day.
The dining is also first class - Rev restaurant is classy, and the Smak Bar is perfect for apres ski - with a cosy firepit outside or tables inside. You have to try the Smak Mary - a Bloody Mary combined with a hamburger. Dinner and drinks all in one!
The Madeline has an ice rink just outside, a plethora of restaurants and shops and, of course, ski runs made in heaven.
All there is left to say is 'wow'.

Room Tip: The condos are so spacious, and the rooms so good, that you could share with two friends or another...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
AldridS, Director of Sales at Hotel Madeline, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to express your nice comments regarding the Hotel Madeline. We will be sharing this with our staff and look forward to hosting your stay in the near future.
WA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

Hotel Madeline is perfectly located in Mountain Village Telluride accross the square from the ski slope. Our room had a beautiful view of the mountain and skating rink. The bed was super comfy. The altitude is challenging for sea-level dwellers and Hotel Madeline makes it more comfortable with a humidifier in the room. It was very quiet and the service was great and friendly. We had drinks and snacks in the Smak bar after skiing each day. The vegetarian chili and hamburgers are really good, and they mix a great cocktail. Plus, there's restaurant Rev downstairs for when you are ready for a really good dinner.

Room Tip: Gay ski week can be noisy, so avoid it unless you're part of the party.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your praise. We will share your response to our staff and we look forward to hosting your stay in the near future.
Celina, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

I cannot say enough about Hotel Madeline and its staff! No hotel, no matter how beautiful, can be deemed "excellent" unless the staff are top-notch. Hotel Madeline has a very attentive, caring staff, which made our spring break stay so incredibly wonderful; thanks to the warm people at the hotel for making our vacation so amazing! We ski Telluride each year and cannot wait to return to Hotel Madeline and the wonderful people who treated us like family! The going-the-extra-mile, caring touch was a real life-saver for our family, and we shall never forget the staff who took such an interest in our well-being. Thank you from the bottom of our hearts! You are the very best!!

Room Tip: Let the staff know what you want, and they will help you find just the right room!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to provide your review. We are pleased that we left such a positive impression on you and thank you for your willingness to recommend us to others. We hope you have a chance to stay with us again very soon.
West Fargo, North Dakota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

This was my second time visiting Telluride and staying in Mountain Village for a ski vacation with my adult daughter and her mother. From the onset I felt as though Robert was attentive to all of my needs, politely remembering my name each time I would see him (I stayed for 5 nights). The rest of the staff each day was warm and quick to greet each time they would see any of the guests. Although not able to get into the spa (very short notice attempt!), Tricia was more than accomodating to offer alternatives - she is highly knowledgable of the area so do not hesitate to ask her for advice on dining, nightlife and activities. The room was excellent - from the very large bathroom to the executive seating area and all in between. Each day service was efficient and the night time turn down service was much appreciated. Valet service for skiing in/out is just a few steps out of your room and quick to accomodate. The location is second to none in the MV area and everything is within steps of this hotel. I only had a quick cocktail in Smak, and did not get an opportunity to dine at Rev as our party already had other arrangements each night. I would highly recommend Hotel Madeline for anyone that is looking to have a perfect ski in/out hotel in the heart of arguably the best ski resort in North America.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
It is great to read that you enjoyed so many aspects of the hotel, especially the Spa Manager taking care of your needs. We look forward to having you as a guest again very soon.
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

Beautifully-appointed rooms, most comfortable beds and pillows anywhere, very helpful down-to-earth staff in a convenient and stunning location. Could happily have stayed a month! Highly recommended.
Check out the Smak bar where they have the world's only bloody mary with a cheeseburger on top of it!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for taking the time to provide your review. We are please that you enjoyed our property and our Culinary Team will be happy to read your complement about your dining experiences. Thank you again for your review.

Been to Hotel Madeline? Share your experiences!