“Magic Madeline” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Harefield England
“Magic Madeline”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

Just returned to England after spending 10 heavenly days at Hotel Madeline, Telluride one of Colorado's best kept secrets and well worth the distance we travelled to get there! We stayed in one of the superbly furnished condos, but it was the Mountain Village setting, the ambience, the service and the really wonderful staff that made our family skiing holiday one of the best ever. Hotel Madeline staff will cater to your every need and even helped us to find a very coveted ski jacket that we could not locate in the UK. When we arrived, Cody and Tina the concierge welcomed us and took the time and trouble to show us around the Hotel and the Mountain Village and they were always there to answer our numerous questions. We had a delicious breakfast every day, always served with a smile by Amber and Tucker and after a day of great skiing we indulged ourselves in a glass of wine, beer, or a cocktail by the fireside at the Hotel's Smak Bar managed by the very friendly Patrick the Catering Director, who regaled us with a different story every day. The Smak bar has a very comprehensive range of beer, wines and spirits and serve lots of delicious snacks - and if they don't have what you want they will try and get it for you - its that kind of service. Hotel Madeline also has its own highly recommended restaurant, which unfortunately we didn't get to try as it was fully booked due to President's Week. The hotel is ski in and ski out and has its own Ski Valet service and we also have to mention the great service we experienced every day from Louie and his boys. We will definitely be going back , maybe in the Summer, because we only discovered a small part of this wonderful place.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
AldridS, Director of Sales at Hotel Madeline, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
It is great to read that you enjoyed so many aspects of the hotel. We appreciate you acknowledging the concierge and breakfast servers. They play a huge part of the success of Hotel Madeline in accommodating guests to the best of our abilities. We look forward to having you as a guest again very soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
Tucson, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

Very good service throughout the facility. Great room and layout - had a king room. Super service from the ski valet, front desk, housekeeping and restaurants. Location is outstanding, right in mountain village and only steps to the gondola. Very easy ski in and ski out. Heated parking garage.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for staying with us and for your great comments about the resort. We look forward to your next visit in the near future.
Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

From the time we landed at the Telluride airport there great service began, the hotel offered complimentary shuttle from the airport to the hotel. On the way to the hotel the driver asked us if we needed any thing from the store and a we gladly said yes and stopped to stock our room so that when we checked in we were ready to go and have a cocktail snacks and relax. Our check in was easy and the best part was this hotel was offering a gret package when we booked called skiers escape that gave us 2 3 day lift passes 60.00 towards breakfast daily and 100 for the spa or resort use. This is the reason we actually chose this hotel because of this perk , if it was not for that we were going to bite the bullet and pay a little more to stay at Lumiere.
Our room was spacious for a hotel it was more like a condo, but the hotel had a dark cave like feeling, our room had no mountain view and we could not seem to get enough light to make the room seem bright. With this said it still was very nice, great full kitchen, fireplace and large bathrooms.But unfortunately I had the same issue in the bathroom, they were dark, I could never see my eyes good enough to put my eye makeup on because of the dim lights. We also had a room right next to the ice skating rink and heard noises late evening after it would close and early in the morning while they would re set it up.
The amenities of the hotel were great, nice pool, the spa was beautiful and the treatments were excellent!!
As far as ski in ski out it is especially for skiers , the ski in ski out is right by the ski valet , but if you are a snowboarder it is not the best as you know you need a little speed or incline to get going and that is not the case by the valet , so we walked to the lift which is out of the hotel and a 3 min walk through the village to get to the main lift.No big deal at all.
The best part of this hotel is that it is convenient and there are 2 gondolas that serve it, one chondola that takes you to the an area in mountain village, the chondola literally drops you off at the grocery store entrance. Then you have the main gondola which is only a 3 min walk and this gondola take you right in to the Town of Telluride, and its drop off is in a great area that makes everything accessible. I have traveled to most ski resorts in the US and always rent a car, but I can truly say that in the town of Telluride there is absolutely no need for a car at all. Save the $$$.

Room Tip: i would ask for a mountain view room and your bedroom window to be away from the skating rink.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Jim M, General Manager at Hotel Madeline, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
Thank you very much for your thorough review of our hotel. I am sure it will be very helpful to other travelers. We do agree about the lighting issues in the hotel and we are working on several solutions.

When your travels bring you back to Telluride please contact me directly so that I can personally handle your reservations.

scottsdale, az
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

Hotel Madeline is an exceptional alternative to the other luxury properties in Mountain Village, offering ski in and ski out accomodations and 5-star ammenities (ski valet, car valet, 24 hour room service, large and luxurious rooms). Our room was large and well appointed, quiet, with large marble/travertine bathroom. The front desk was excellent. We arrived hours before check-in and were allowed to store our luggage and spend the day skiing. When we returned in late afternoon, our things were already in the room. A front desk associate personally showed us to our room, pointing out features of the property as we made our way upstairs. The indoor swimming pool, jacuzzi and steam room were wonderful after a long day on the slopes. The only negative about our stay was the sub-par water pressure in the shower. There was a stronger stream of water coming out of the sink faucet than the shower. I was sorely disappointed by this; it was totally unacceptable. Since we stayed only one night, I decided not to complain, however, if our stay had been longer, I certainly would have requested a room change.

Room Tip: Be sure to ask about the water pressure.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Thank you very much for your thorough review of our hotel. I am sure it will be very helpful to other travelers. I have passed on your kind comments to our team and they appreciate the recognition.

I apologize about the water pressure in the shower. Typically we receive compliments about our water pressure. Would be so kind as to send an email to me so that I can have your name to determine the room you were in so we can fix the shower?

Marshall, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

My husband surprised me with a ski vacation in this hotel. Totally lovely! The room, with balcony facing mountains and slopes was beautiful, the spacious room with the great bathroom, perfect for an après ski dunk in the deep tub, breakfast of vegetarian Benedict's, delicious, the beds puffy yet firm, and the ski valets, perfect. This is our new vacation spot! The skiing is great: low on snow boarders and lift line waits.... It's divine... And the perfect spot for a fabulous lunch? Alpino Vino. Highly recommend!

Room Tip: Deluxe king with mountain view.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for your review of our hotel. I am sure it will be very helpful to other travelers. I have passed on your kind comments to our team and they appreciate the recognition.

I enjoy Alpino Vino as well for lunch and dinner—one of my favorites!

Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

Hotel Madeline was a very convenient location for skiing at Telluride. Our room was large and well-appointed, room service was efficient, breakfast at hotel was above average. The staff was friendly and helpful on numerous occasions. I agree with another reviewer that the ski valet staff did not seem to be specifically trained for service, but they served their purpose, and would not accept tips. You can't beat this hotel for location to lifts. All-in all, no question we would stay here again.

Room Tip: Skier's Escape Package worked out well.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

And, thank you for your helpful comments about Ski Valet. We going back and looking at our service processes to improve the guest experience in the Ski Valet.

Dayton, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

I would give this hotel 4.5 stars. I truly was impressed with the accommodations and the personality of the staff...except. I purchased the ski and stay package that included the transportation, lift and room. I had my wonderful husband and 15 year old daughter with me. On the website, it doesn't say that it is transfers for 2 and breakfast for 2. No worries, it was still a good option at the time. The breakfast was crazy disappointing. I would recommend you go to the local, fresh market store and grab a carton of eggs. They had so many groups there and they definitely took ownership of the restaurant in the am. It took me 45 minutes to get egg whites and warm potatoes. They had plenty of sous chefs at different stations doing nothing. One couple was quite upset due to being allowed to go to the stations the day before and pay full price, but they were told they had to wait and order off the menu the next day. Another 45 minute wait for subpar items. We asked the server if we could use the bkst for two in the room. After searching, she said yes; so we ordered in room the next day. Faster service, but just warm options. We made our own breakfast in the room the following day. Our last day, we ventured down to REV again. Another messed up order, and overcharge. It was a downer to even consider REV for dinner. I would recommend to purchase the amazing room and no extras. Our shuttle servie was usual Telluride Express. 3 hours to the airport before departure and no give. You can buy discounted lift tickets off Expedia. I was going to get my daughter as an add on to our lift package, but it was more than pre purchase via Expedia.
I end with, the hotel is amazing. Service is outstanding. Breakfast was below suboptimal. Telluride Express is shared ride and Madeline should make their customers transfers above and beyond. Would I go back yes! Would I do the same package no!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

And, thank you for your helpful comments about the transfers and breakfast. This type of feedback will help us to improve.

NDaniel@hotelmadelinetelluride.com

Been to Hotel Madeline? Share your experiences!