“Clean, basic lodging” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #13 of 18 hotels in Telluride
Tallahassee, Florida
“Clean, basic lodging”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

We visited Telluride in July and booked a room with a kitchenette. When we arrived, we were given a room on the 1st floor with a window looking straight on the parking lot, literally 2 yards from the cars. It was not what I expected for our mountain vacation and I said so to the girl at the reception desk. She gave me a number to call the manager. The manager on the phone was really nice and very helpful: this quick call got us relocated to a room with a private mountain-side view. The room was clean and met all the basic needs, although it could use some updating. The bed was comfortable, not hard at all (maybe they've already changed mattresses in some rooms?). The kitchenette was convenient for a quick breakfast. There are two grocery stores in 5 min walking distance, so we could stock the fridge with yogurt, cheese, juice etc. I recommend Baked in Telluride for bread and pastries. The hotel location was perfect - right on the River Trail, a few blocks to Gondola and Main St. A lot of cafes/restaurants nearby. There is no daily housekeeping service (it's $16 extra if you want it), but a woman stopped by to offer us fresh towels. Telluride is a pretty expensive little town, so I feel that this inn was OK for the money.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that does not face the parking lot. The rooms with odd numbers at Building 4 have mou...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
JeanneWalker, Manager at Mountainside Inn, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
We do thank you for your kind review. Mountainside was constructed in the 1970's and was called The Coonskin Inn after the Telluride Ski run. It is a structure that has served Telluride well over the years and is still serving the town well in that it is hands down the most affordable lodging in town. We appreciate that you pointed our most prized attribute: affordability. So, you may spend your vacation dollars on all the fun and great food to be had here. Please do come back anytime and thank you for staying with us.

Heather White
Manager
Mountainside Inn
Telluride, CO

81 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Ct
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

Perfect location! We rented a 1 bedroom condo, basic, very clean. Though the beds was so rock hard(And I like firm mattresses!) that neither my husband or I could get a good night sleep. Which was awful considering we are active folks!
So, I'd have to say, I won't stay there again

Room Tip: do not get 1 bedroom condo, unless you like a really hard mattress. Be advised no AC.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
JeanneWalker, Manager at Mountainside Inn, responded to this review, June 21, 2013
Thank you for your review. And yes Mountainside Inn has a great location for both summer and winter activities.
Minneapolis
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

Great place to stay for our ski trip - easy walk to chair lift, could ski-out at the end of the day, terrific hot tub, and short walk to downtown restaurants and shops. Nothing fancy but has everything you need. The front lobby doesn't open until 8:30 am but it is a short walk to near-by stores if you need coffee earlier than that. Staff was friendly and helpful.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
JeanneWalker, Manager at Mountainside Inn, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
We appreciate your kind review of Mountainside Inn. Our hot tub is one of the best in town operating from 10am. to 10pm.
Our location to the slopes is only a few hundred yards from the Inn. Ski in ski out could not be better coupled with our affordable prices.

Come back and see us in the summer and enjoy the festivals
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

I read the reviews and decided to book a room on 2/17/13 with the attitude that I could withstand anything for one night. Having read prior complaints, I made sure to arrive between 4:30 & 5:00pm, and was pleasantly surprised with the niceness of the lobby. The young woman on duty checked me in in about 20 seconds, explained the parking situation to me and I was on my way. The room was stylish and well maintained, not overly large, but plenty of furniture and comfortable. In fact, I was really happy with the radiant baseboard heat, which produced no noise and stirred no air, but maintained a comfortable temperature.
We put our stuff in the room, walked two blocks to the gondola, and went to Mountain Village for supper. Upon returning, we found the motel to be quiet and the King bed just to my liking, on the firm side.
Next morning was no different, with an easy check process and plenty of time to get back to Mountain Village for skiing.
I consider the Mountianside Inn to be an excellent value in Telluride, and I wish that I could find such value in small town motels along the way between Austin and Telluride. For all of you folks hoping to find a $600 value in a $99 Mountainside Inn room, I would recommend that you book elsewhere.

Room Tip: My rating of Terrible on the restaurant and fitness center was accidental because there was none of...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
JeanneWalker, Manager at Mountainside Inn, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
We thank you for your accurate review of Mountainside Inn. We deffinately are the most affordable lodging in Telluride and not to mention the best location to the mountain for ski access.
Come back and see us soon
Pagosa Springs, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

My son and I spent 3 nights as our annual Ski trip. Front desk staff very friendly and great service though limited hours at desk. My son’s board arrived 1 ½ days late and manager called as soon as it arrived. Met many very friendly guests there who have been coming here for years and each spoke well of the Mountainside Inn. Our room was every thing we needed, as all we did was ski, soak in the very nice, though sometimes crowded hot tub, eat in town and sleep. While there are much nicer places in Telluride this one fitted our bill and wallet very well. No complaints- its only about 100 yards to Lift #7. Excellent coffee in lobby when open. Since we ate out we did not need kitchen facilities, but if we come with the whole clan the kitchen would be desired

Room Tip: On the northside our room had view of river and close to hot tub
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Mountainside Inn does have the best location for skiiing and festivals as well as the most affordable rates in town.
We are so glad you enjoyed your stay and come back and see us soon.
Tucson
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

I stayed here on a group ski trip. This Inn is really a condo complex, so the units are all furnished very differently. My unit was a 1 bedroom and was fine, but was dated. Other rooms I saw were totally upgraded. So unless you ask for a specific unit, it's a crap shoot. I was in the 2nd top floor, so it was relatively quiet. The hot tub is large and the front desk was nice. This complex is right across a parking lot from the Coonskin Lift, which was convenient to get up the mountain. Also there's a ski rental place right near the lift, and you can walk to town easily.

Room Tip: I was on the top floor near the stairs in a corner unit, so I only had a unit on one side of me. The...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Mountainside Inn is the most affordable lodging in Telluride. Our complex has a variety of accommodations that will suit your needs. We do have the best location in town for skiing or summer festivals. Only 2 blocks from the gondola, shopping and dining.
We do thank you for your review
usa
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013 via mobile

We stay here frequently. It is a good value because it is cheap and in a great location in telluride but it is a total dump. Try the one bedroom units. Cleaner and full cooking facilities. Large for the money. If you are staying with kids a great place...not so much for a romantic get away!

• Stayed February 2013
Thank you for your review as a repeat guest. We are sorry that you found your accommodations unsatisfactory. Please let us know on your next visit how we can make your stay more enjoyable

Been to Mountainside Inn? Share your experiences!