“Lovely Hotel Columbia” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 18 Hotels in Telluride
Los Angeles
“Lovely Hotel Columbia”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

We stayed at the Hotel Columbia the second week of March. Check in was very quick and easy. We had a suite that faced the gondola and mountain. Spectacular views from our room. Telluride mountain is stunning! Waking up in the morning and seeing that majestic mountain is priceless.

Our suite was very spacious and featured a separate bedroom, living room, kitchenette and two baths (one half bath) and a gas fireplace. Our particular room had two separate decks. The furnishings were newer and very nice.

We did find the bed to be on the soft side. The master bath itself was small and featured a shower only. This was disappointing to us as we didn't have a bath or a hot tub in our room (nor does the hotel have a hot tub - which is unusual at a mountain resort property). However, the floors in the bath were heated and there was a towel heater as well. These were nice touches.

We had some issues moderating the temperature in our room. It was either way too hot or way to cold. There was a dramatic difference in temperature in the living room areas. These rooms are not centrally heated/cooled. Often we'd have to prop open the deck door off the bedroom so we could sleep as it was so hot. The only other disappointment for us is that there is no spa facility at this hotel. I had to go to a different property in order to get a massage.

The hotel itself has some nice touches. They offer coffee/tea in the room. Downstairs in the lobby area, they also offer tea/water. There is a fantastic restaurant in the hotel called "Cosmopolitan." We had dinner there the first night and it was excellent. There is a vibrant bar scene there as well during happy hour, where they offer half price appetizers and discounted beverages. Highly recommended!

All in all it was a very good experience. The location can't be beat! The staff is very friendly and helpful and this hotel is conveniently located next to the gondola.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a hot tub!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Louisville, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

I stayed in Hotel Columbia from April 2nd through 5th in 2013, while I was skiing in Telluride
at the last week of the season. The reason I'm writing this review is that I wanted to share some of my great experiences while staying here - especially about staff members.

The staff is really super and very accommodating; once I got little bruise and cut on my arm while skiing, and I thought it would be nice to get some medical treatment. Rhea (general manager) was so nice and let me use some of the stuff in medicine box at the front desk.
Also, I left my laptop power adapter at the room when I checked out the hotel, but I was already at home by the time I realized it. So I called them up to see if there is any way I can get it back, and Mindy (one of the staff members) was kind enough to find and mail it back to me!

Aside from great service you can get in this hotel, everything else is also very satisfactory including reasonable price range, great breakfast, its proximity to one of the ski lifts and the gondola, little touch of details in bathroom, easy walk to the downtown, and so on. I do strongly recommend this hotel to anyone!

Finally, Telluride is a truly amazing place - no word or picture or video can do justice, you gotta be here! - and also a very unique and friendly town, which I consider to be different from Aspen or Vail. I'm glad that I stayed in this hotel and skied in Telluride, and I would definitely do it again if I get a chance.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

From the moment we checked in we had wonderful service. Everything went so smoothly. We entered our room to find a bottle of wine with a congratulatory note, the hot tub already heated up, and robes ready to go. We loved the little touches: the heated towel rack, the fireplace, the stocked fridge (with inexpensive pricing), and the extremely comfortable bedding. The location was ideal for our trip: you could literally throw a rock and hit the free gondola that takes you to mountain village (where all the ski lifts are). We were within a two minute walk from all the great restaurants in town, and a little market for snacks. The restaurant downstairs, the Cosmopolitan, is incredible. The free breakfast could not have been any better, steak and cheese, smoked salmon, bagels, different pastries every morning, quiches, cereal ,hot coffee etc. The service was amazing and we will absolutely stay there again.

Room Tip: Get the hot tub room- so worth it!!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

Just stayed at this hotel for the second time, and both times have been wonderful. The staff is awesome and very accommodating. The location is amazing. Rooms are beautiful as well as the views! My favorite hotel in Telluride. Also the restaurant downstairs is delicious and a fun scene at night. Highly recommend!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Nestled next to the gondola in the town of Telluride, I was amazed actually with the price. Jan is prime season and we paid only $185 per night for a prime location. Each room has a fireplace and kitchenette. Mine had a claw tub which I am about to use in about 15 min. Im typing this on my couch lookin out of my bay window and watching skiers glide down the slope. I am eagerly waiting for my boyfriend who is flying in to Grand Junction and making the 2 hour or so drive here. A wonderful quaint breakfast is also included in the Cosmopolitan Restaurant and also there is a half price happy hour from 5 - 6pm. I would absolutely stay here again!!! The girls who work here also live on the premises!!

Room Tip: Try to face the slopes!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
columbiatelluride, General Manager at Hotel Columbia, responded to this review, July 4, 2014
Thanks so much for taking the time to provide feedback on your experience at the Hotel Columbia. We hope that you will come back and stay with us again soon. Try the summer, its an amazing time of year to be in Telluride!
Newport Beach, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013 via mobile

Just got back from an amazing stay at Hotel Colombia. Check-in was easy. The staff was friendly. We stayed in room 30. Awesome room. It had a kitchenette complete with full size refrigerator/freezer. The bathroom had heated floors and a heated towel rack, enormous shower and a claw foot soaking tub. The bed was very comfy and it had a nice living room area. The view from the room was nice. Great location, 15 steps from the Gondola.

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Wayland, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

My stay at the Hotel Columbia during the holidays was simply wonderful! The staff could not have been more welcoming in making us feel like part of their family. The restaurant and wine list was superior and the service first rate. The Christmas gift left in our room was particularly a nice touch. All in all, it was an excellent experience!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Been to Hotel Columbia? Share your experiences!